ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Sports hack vs. Sports blogger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2008, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Sports hack vs. Sports blogger

Now, I'm not that big on "Current Events Blogger." You know, the jobless moron who thinks he's Geraldo Rivera or something and strings a bunch of Youtube videos together while reciting some half baked retarded conspiracy theory about how Bush and Bin Laden have been gay lovers since 1979 and how they had Elvis and Tupac fly the planes into the Twin Towers on 9/11.

Yeah, those guys are just morons.

"Sports Blogger," however, I am down with. Sports is mostly supposed to be about athletic acheivement and the subsequent interaction with the fans...fans who pay for tickets, buy jerseys/memorabilia, etc, etc.

Mainstream sports media is very threatened by the blogosphere however and it's quite hilarious. They think that bloggers are out to take their jobs. In cases of guys like Bob Costas, he really doesn't need to worry. In cases like Tony Kornheiser, the world would only be so lucky for him to be removed from every second of air time that his ridiculous dome gets.

But I happened upon a funny quote from Norman Chad, who is a "syndicated columnist," whatever the hell that means.

"Just because you start cooking rib-eye steaks on your George Forman Grill doesn't make you an executive chef."

LMAO...this guy is an idiot. "Executive chef?"

Memo to Norman: Executive chefs typically go to school for several years before apprenticing abroad to develop a diverse background in food and then they work their way up the kitchen ladder until they can find someone who likes their particular cooking style well enough to invest a couple of million in them.

"Syndicated columnists" as I understand it, are schleps who went to school for 2...maybe 4 years past high school, never really did anything with their lives, and stayed at the position of Copy Boy until someone on the ladder above them either retired or died, enabling them to move up a rung.

Executive chefs pay their dues, earn their keep and then become Executive Chefs because their work is good enough to command that position. People "inherit" the position of "syndicated columnist," so please don't compare yourself with someone who actually worked to get where they are, don't compare that crap you schill in whatever two cent rag hired you to a fine dish that is really a labor of love for a chef.

Chaddie Boy, if your "syndicated" opinions were well reasoned, well articulated and timely enough for your readers to be quite satisfied with your perspective in sports matters, then bloggers wouldn't exist because noone would need to read them.

Problem is that your opinions are obsolete and sports have passed you by. That certainly stands true for every "sports journalist" employed by my local newspaper, and I'm sure there are many other sports fans in other markets that are tired of their local sports "Syndicated Columnists" stupid and outdated views on today's sport and today's athlete, and forgive us, the sports fans for looking beyond your empty rhetoric and your lazy reporting for something better.

Personally, I love sports blogs. I don't read most of them, but if they ship dinosaurs like Norm Chad and Tony Kornholer out of the mainstream media and out of the way of real sports reporting, then it's all good to me.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2008, 11:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Good read. I'll give a better post later when I have more time.
Old 21 May 2008, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Yeah, that was well-written and it made alot of sense, but here's some points from the other side of the spectrum:

I think the George Forman Grill comparison makes sense to me... anyone can have a blog, but that doesn't mean they have to deal with the pressure and expectations of a pro.

True, sports writers don't have to go through some form of "sports writing bootcamp"... but going to school and working for the company is something... sounds like "paying dues" to me.

There is such thing as a good syndicated columnist, guys who have large reputations based on their knowledge. You'd be hardpressed to say that Peter Gammons wasn't an "executive chef" when it came to baseball writing.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote