ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Patriots, Walsh, Cheating etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 May 2008, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default Patriots, Walsh, Cheating etc.

Quote:
Goodell doesn't anticipate further penalties against Patriots
Associated Press
NEW YORK -- Former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh disclosed no new rules violations in the videotaping scandal during his meeting with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday.

The NFL also released the tapes Walsh provided, shown after his nearly 3 1/2-hour meeting with Goodell. The clips didn't show any previously undisclosed rule violations, cutting between shots of opposing coaches sending in signals and the play that followed.

"The fundamental information that Matt provided was consistent with what we disciplined the Patriots for last fall," said Goodell, who didn't anticipate punishing the team any further.

Walsh did not comment after leaving the NFL offices to travel to Washington for a meeting with Sen. Arlen Specter. Walsh arrived at 2 p.m. for that session -- Specter, the senior Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, has been critical of the NFL's handling of the investigation.

Patriots spokesman Stacey James said the team was preparing a statement.

The investigation surrounding the Patriots videotaping practices began after the NFL confiscated tapes from a Patriots employee who recorded the New York Jets' defensive signals from the sideline during the 2007 opener. New England coach Bill Belichick was fined $500,000, while the team was fined $250,000 and forced to forfeit its 2008 first-round draft choice.

Walsh had no knowledge of anybody with the Patriots taping the Rams' final walkthrough before the 2002 Super Bowl, Goodell said. The Boston Herald reported in February that an unidentified employee illegally taped the walkthrough before New England, a two-touchdown underdog, upset St. Louis 20-17.

Walsh was in the stadium in his Patriots gear setting up equipment during the walkthrough, Goodell said. What did happen, said NFL attorney Gregg Levy, was that then-New England assistant Brian Daboll later asked Walsh what he saw. Walsh said he told Daboll that running back Marshall Faulk was returning kicks and responded to the coach's question about the Rams' use of tight ends in their formations.

The NFL is looking into that allegation, said Levy, who attended Tuesday's meeting.

Goodell said Walsh had no information about any other spying by the Patriots.

"There was no bugging of locker rooms," Goodell said. "There was no manipulation of communication systems. There was no crowd noise violations anywhere that he was aware of. No miking of players to pick up opposing signals or audibles."

Walsh did share two potential violations of league rules unrelated to videotaping, Goodell said. A player on injured reserve practiced when he wasn't allowed to in 2001. Walsh also scalped eight to 12 Super Bowl tickets for Patriots players over two seasons. The NFL will investigate both claims.

Last week, Walsh sent the NFL eight videotapes of the Patriots recording playcalling signals. The tapes included signals by coaches of five opponents in six games from 2000-02.

Walsh worked for New England from 1997 to 2003. His name surfaced just before this year's Super Bowl, nearly five months after the Patriots were sanctioned.

After more than two months of negotiations, lawyers for the league and Walsh finally agreed April 23 to terms that would allow him to talk with Goodell. They include an agreement by the Patriots not to sue Walsh and to pay his legal expenses and his airfare to New York from Hawaii, where he is now a golf pro.

Specter, from Pennsylvania, met with Goodell in February after raising the possibility of congressional hearings if he wasn't satisfied with the commissioner's answers about the handling of the investigation.

Walsh stood stone-faced as his lawyer, Michael Levy, addressed a throng of about 50 media members outside the NFL offices after their meeting with Goodell.

"Out of respect for Sen. Specter, neither Mr. Walsh nor I will speak with the media prior to meeting with the Senator," Levy said.

---

What was on the tapes?
Here are the games included in the tapes turned over by Matt Walsh to the NFL, according to a letter sent by Walsh's attorney, Michael Levy:

Tape 1: Signals vs. Miami (Sept. 25, 2000) -- The tape is labeled Sept. 25, but the actual game was on Sept. 24. That day in Miami, the Patriots lost to the Dolphins, 10-3, and dropped to 0-4. New England also lost its season finale to Miami, 27-24, on Christmas Eve. The Patriots finished 5-11.

Tapes 2-3: Miami defensive and offensive signals (Oct. 7, 2001) -- The Patriots lost 30-10 at Miami. The Pats gained 149 total yards and fell to 6-14 overall under Belichick (they're 99-26 since). In a Dec. 22 rematch, the Pats gained 313 yards and didn't commit a turnover, winning 20-13 to improve to 10-5. Miami had three turnovers.

Tape 4: Buffalo signal camera (Nov. 11, 2001) -- The Patriots beat the Bills 21-11 to improve to 5-4. The Patriots were outgained in the game, 242-205. In the rematch at Buffalo on Dec. 16, the Patriots won 12-9, and outgained the Bills, 335-310.

Tape 5: Coaches' signals vs. Cleveland (Dec. 9, 2001) -- The Patriots won 27-16. New England barely outgained the Browns, 290-277. The Browns, however, turned the ball over four times. The teams didn't play again until Oct. 26, 2003, when the Patriots won 9-3.

Tapes 6-7: Signals vs. Pittsburgh (Jan. 27, 2002) -- In the AFC Championship Game at Pittsburgh, the Patriots were nine-point underdogs, and Tom Brady was knocked out with an injured leg in the first half. However, Drew Bledsoe came in and led the Patriots to a 24-17 win, thanks to a Troy Brown 55-yard TD punt return and a 60-yard return of a blocked FG for a TD. The Patriots intercepted Steelers QB Kordell Stewart three times, and Pittsburgh running backs were held to just 19 yards.

Tape 8: Third camera vs. San Diego (Sept. 29, 2002) -- New England lost at San Diego 21-14, its first loss of the season after a 3-0 start. Despite the loss, the Pats outgained the Chargers, 440-342. New England didn't play San Diego again until Oct. 2, 2005 and lost 41-17.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
8 tapes for 6 games. 2 against a divisional opponent. And these are just the ones that didn't get burned out back behind the shed. Rog is a fucking joke. Of corse he's not going to do anything to his little buddies. How extensive was Belicheat's fucking archive if the only thing the commish can say is basically, "Yeah, we've seen tons of this stuff already, it didn't affect anything thing" Instead the NFL fucks around with how long a players hair should be or changing the rules on a stiff arm. Lame. The Patriots deserve to go down as the dirtiest franchise in the history of sports. Every self respecting NFL fan owes it to themselves to make sure everyone knows exactly what kind of filth is allowed to tarnish the game over in Boston.

Not to mention they've got people out there spying pre game formations and procedures

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2008, 06:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

The only things I'm wondering are how the hell Goodell got this job and if there's actually someone in the world besides himself and Belichick that think he is doing a good job.
Old 19 May 2008, 12:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
The only things I'm wondering are how the hell Goodell got this job and if there's actually someone in the world besides himself and Belichick that think he is doing a good job.
The answer to both, is Bob Kraft...

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2008, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

I still don't get how any of those tapes could of actually benefited NE and any way, shape or form.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2008, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

I was going to break down for you the NUMEROUS advantages that those tapes would provide...but then I realized that you're just playing dumb in another pathetic attempt to stir the pot.

Well, you're either PLAYING dumb or you are seriously far, far more unintelligent than even I think you are. And I'll be honest, I thought you were totally retarded going into this thread.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2008, 11:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I was going to break down for you the NUMEROUS advantages that those tapes would provide...but then I realized that you're just playing dumb in another pathetic attempt to stir the pot.

Well, you're either PLAYING dumb or you are seriously far, far more unintelligent than even I think you are. And I'll be honest, I thought you were totally retarded going into this thread.

Late.
Yeah Glue whatever we all know what you think about me.....but still where is the proof that the NE coaching staff actually knew that those defensive signals ment? Plus, even if though the coaching staff did fuck up you can't blame it on the players because I guarantee they knew nothing about the spying.
Old 25 May 2008, 01:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSTON View Post
Yeah Glue whatever we all know what you think about me.....but still where is the proof that the NE coaching staff actually knew that those defensive signals ment? Plus, even if though the coaching staff did fuck up you can't blame it on the players because I guarantee they knew nothing about the spying.
"Another former Patriots quarterback, who spoke to ESPN.com on condition of anonymity, says that New England pushes the envelope further than most teams and that the Patriots were doing so long before they were caught in September."
-http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3227592

"Walsh's comments to commissioner Roger Goodell earlier this week that New England had players on injured reserve participate in practice wasn't news to me. I had heard the Patriots did this before I signed with them in 2005 and I saw it firsthand during my time there. I asked veteran receiver Troy Brown about it one time and he responded, "Every team in the league does that." I quickly let him know none of the three teams I played for previously had done so.

Basically, the Patriots would put a player on IR, knowing it meant he couldn't play in a game or practice with the team for the remainder of the season. By skirting the rules and practicing him anyway, it allowed them to develop his skills during the year. A side benefit is that they were also able to give some of the older players less repetitions and, therefore, additional rest."
-Ross Tucker, former New England OT http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...les/index.html

xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2008, 01:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

The one thing I never understood about this whole spygate thing is that players and coaches leave teams all the time. Why didn't this get leaked years ago? Why did it go on for so long?
Old 26 May 2008, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
The one thing I never understood about this whole spygate thing is that players and coaches leave teams all the time. Why didn't this get leaked years ago? Why did it go on for so long?
Because it was a mass conspiracy cooked up by the US Government to keep teams like the Browns, Rams, Eagles and Pathers from winning Super Bowl rings but was foiled by those meddling NY Giants in Super Bowl 42.

Last edited by BOSTON; 26 May 2008 at 06:09 PM.