ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Long to Dolphins

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Apr 2008, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default Long to Dolphins

Quote:
Dolphins Sign Jake Long To Multi-Year Contract

April 22, 2008

The Miami Dolphins today signed former University of Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long to a multi-year contract, making Long the top pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, which will be held this Saturday and Sunday. This year marked the first time the Dolphins have had the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft.

Long, the Wolverines’ starting left tackle each of the last two years, was the Big Ten Conference Offensive Lineman of the Year the past two seasons, the first player in school history to earn this award in consecutive seasons and just the fourth player in conference history to achieve the feat. As a senior, he was a consensus first-team All-America selection, while finishing second in the balloting for both the Lombardi Award and the Outland Trophy. A two-year team captain, Long played in 43 games in his collegiate career, starting 40 of them. Of his 40 starts, 26 came at left tackle while 14 were on the right side. He opened 10 contests at right tackle in his redshirt freshman season of 2004.

The 22-year old Long attended Lapeer (Mich.) East High School where he played offensive tackle and fullback. He also was a first baseman on the school’s baseball team and a center on the basketball squad. He was born on May 9, 1985.
Well, that's that.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Dark Master

Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Damn... He was needed more in SF.

Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 04:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Damn... He was needed more in SF.
well, they don't have Kwame Harris anymore, so that can only be a good thing. I'm still lmao that Davis signed him across the bay for all that money.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 05:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Dark Master

Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
well, they don't have Kwame Harris anymore, so that can only be a good thing. I'm still lmao that Davis signed him across the bay for all that money.
Yeah, no kidding... I wonder what's going to happen to the Raiders after the passing of Al.

Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

I am happy.

xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 05:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

FANTASTIC pick.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 05:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

They don't even know if that kid projects as an actual NFL Left Tackle. Shit, he might be playing Right Guard in three years.

I hope it pans out for Miami, but I'd have taken V Gholston to bookend the LB corps opposite J Taylor. That's just me though.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2008, 02:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

They say the Kid might be the next Orlando Pace...and if that is true...then great pick...

Rams + Orlando Pace = best show on the turf...
Old 23 Apr 2008, 04:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
They don't even know if that kid projects as an actual NFL Left Tackle. Shit, he might be playing Right Guard in three years.

I hope it pans out for Miami, but I'd have taken V Gholston to bookend the LB corps opposite J Taylor. That's just me though.

Late.
I didn't expect you to be down on Jake "Pilliar of our Defense" Long at #1...if anyone I figured you'd understand this pick the most.

I seem to remember some concerns about Thomas and how good he'd be at the next level as well...how his surgically repaired ACL would hold up...some doubt he could handle the speed rushers...questions about footwork...but overall it seems to have worked out just fine for Cleveland.

I think Jake's has been overanalyzed a bit really...only 1 sack and 1 penalty his Sr year...and I'm pretty sure he only had 1 sack his Jr year as well. The guy has been consistently good in the same conference that Joe Thomas came from. Yes...he does have to work on his technique when going against speed rushers...Jake even admitted this himself in his press conference today. I'm feeling confident he'll be working his ass off to get better...with the type of coaches that are on that team and the type of player he's been thus far I just can't see him doing all that bad.

He may also be a victim of smokescreens. Not trying to sound like Boston all of a sudden...but with the Chiefs and Falcons both coveting him there's a good chance they could've put out such a smokescreen to try to get him to slip. Not saying that's fact or anything...but its not totally unheard of either.

In all honesty it was the best move for Miami. Vernon Carey really is just a right tackle so LT was by far the biggest need. If by chance Jake bombs at LT we can let Vernon walk and move him over to RT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Savage
Jake Long is a lock to be a pro bowler at right tackle
If that's worst case scenario I'll gladly take it.

We wont know anything until the games start being played...and I will not be suprised or worried if he struggles some in the beginning...but I do expect him to be a very good player and more then likely an anchor on the line for the next 10-12 years.

Gholston would've been replacing JT...not getting paired with him. I fully expect JT to be traded by the end of the weekend. If by some chance he isn't they'll probably hold onto him until the trade deadline is almost up and then get maximum value out of him.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2008, 06:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

I'm always down for picking up a good offensive lineman...

It's just that I've heard too many things about Jake Long moving to right tackle, about him possibly not being a lock...

For that pick and certainly for that money, if I were a GM, I'd want a lock...

...but there is no lock in the NFL.

I'm probably being too picky. Honestly a good line will boost the running and passing game...you see what it did for Cleveland last year.

It's just that when I hear "possibly move to Right Tackle..." I get a little edgy.

But he's a large gentleman who apparently has all the tools. Hey...he may turn out to be better than Joe Thomas. Who knows.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2008, 09:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Well, I guess I don't need to be so excited for the draft anymore.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 09:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Never Better

Troy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via MSN to Troy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Well, I guess I don't need to be so excited for the draft anymore.
For real.

Why can't they keep this shit a secret until AFTER he gets drafted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Morrison on ECW, after CM Punk crashes into the announce table
.....I'd say he'd have to pay for that, but I don't think he can afford it.

Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2008, 02:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I swear to god if it takes them like the whole damn time to announce this I'm going to be pissed.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 09:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
I swear to god if it takes them like the whole damn time to announce this I'm going to be pissed.
It absolutely, 100% will happen.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 10:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It absolutely, 100% will happen.
Which is why I'm pissed already.