ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Sonics GOOOOONE~!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Apr 2008, 09:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D
Default Sonics GOOOOONE~!

So what happens to fans of the Seattle Sonics. Having never experienced a franchise leaving(wasnt a Lakers fan back in the Minnesota days )... What does a fan do when the team leaves the local settlement. Do you go for another team? Follow the same team in the new place(Glue??? ), *shock Horror* Give up the sport?

sidenote: Brother is a Sonics fan from the Kemp days...

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2008, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

I had one of those generic #40 Sonics jerseys back in the days.

People would flip if next year's regular season started with an Oklahoma City Celtics or Oklahoma City Knicks. That would probably never happen, but unfortunately, some rich guys were allowed to come into Seattle and buy the team without thinking twice about keeping the team where it is. It's wrong and I hope it can be prevented, but it seems like it's just too late. Seattle's basketball team is being ripped from them.

I'm reading an article about this and quotes like this are fuckin out of whack...

"Is there any way to move here [Oklahoma City] for next season or are we doomed to have another lame duck season in Seattle?" minority partner Tom Ward wrote to Bennett and the other investors.

Bennett replied: "I am a man possessed! Will do everything we can. Thanks for hanging with me boys, the game is getting started!"

That was back in 2007 during a 12 month period in which Bennett said he would try to find a solution to the arena issue. They're probably gonna get away with that, you know. And look at this prick...

As city council president Nick Licata put it more than two years ago when asked by Sports Illustrated about the significance of the 'Sonics' leaving town: "On a cultural basis, close to zero. We would still have two sports, and plenty of cities our size don't have three."

That made me angry. Maybe he should try showing some respect to the sport of basketball and the basketball fans in his city. Contrary to what he says, the Sonics leaving Seattle isn't just some "oh no big deal," especially because of the lack of integrity involved, and if people in high positions like him actually cared then maybe the Sonics wouldn't be on the verge of leaving.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2008, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

I became a Packers and 49ers fan when the Oilers left Houston. I freaked out whenever they played each other cus I loved both.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 12:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!

The Sonics have been bitching for Key arena upgrades since the damn place was built, this all came to a head due to incompetence on both the city of Seattles part and the sonics ownership. Sonics have been a "meh" team for ages now (yes I know they made it to the finals not tooooo long ago) but they have lacked the fan draw that their southern I-5 counterparts have had, Shawn Kemp fathering however many kids buy different mamas did not compare to Portlands rip city era and Seattle could not even steal the PNW spot light during the Jail blazer stint.

Let'em go to OKC, Seattle had long ago quit caring about the sonics.

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2008, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by G O D
Follow the same team in the new place(Glue??? )

No. Hate that team.

I mean maybe Seattle's situation is different. Maybe the Sonics haven't sold out every home game since the early 1950s. Maybe the Sonics don't have one of the most proliferate and loyal fanbases in all of sport. Maybe the Sonics don't have a owner that is a financial moron. Maybe the Sonics' owner doesn't have a cocaine addled son that spends upwards of $3,000,000.00 a year on the Columbian Gold. Maybe Seattle was willing to finance the Sonics' owner's bad debt.

I dunno. But according to my Browns checklist...prior to 1995, they had:

Sold out every home game since the 1950s. Check.

One of the most proliferate and loyal fanbases in all of sport. Check.

Owner (Art Modell) who is a financial moron. Check.

Owner's son who has a $3 Million Dollar annual cocaine budget. Check.

City not willing to finance moronic owner's bad debt. Check.

So I just ended up hating Baltimore. Look at us now, the Browns have 5 Primetime games and are an early favorite to contend for the AFC title...and I'm not sure if the Ravens have relocated to Mexico City yet...but it's coming.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote