ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Should Romeo Crennel be suspended?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Feb 2008, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.
Default Should Romeo Crennel be suspended?

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=398

Quote:

Like most fans that were thrilled to see the New England Patriots lose the Super Bowl, I had also been pretty keen on the idea of this whole “Spygate” issue dating back to 2001. That was at least until today, when a post by Michael David Smith got me thinking.

If all [of “Spygate”] is true, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will most certainly discipline Patriots coach Bill Belichick. But he wouldn’t stop there.

The Patriots’ defensive coaching staff for that game consisted of Belichick and five assistants: Defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel, inside linebackers coach Pepper Johnson, defensive backs coach Eric Mangini, defensive line coach Randy Melvin and outside linebackers coach Rob Ryan. All of those five are still in the NFL, but only Johnson is still with the Patriots.

Now, the one thing that sticks out on this post is that we would be singling out the defensive coaches on the team - with the thinking being that they’re the ones that benefited the most from the taping.

Now while I may be a bit biased, it would be tough to draw the line at certain coaches when you’re going to start nicking those that are currently on other teams. If anything, this post shows that we cannot just assume the punishment (if any) would stop at Bill Belichick. But finding the line where it would stop may prove to be more of a challenge.
I almost forgot the current coach of The Cleveland Shitstains is the former defensive coordinator for New England.

Like Bill Belichick wasn't the only current NFL coach that participated in "Spygate"

How much you want to be the fatboy in Ohio was watching tapes along with all the other NFL coaches up until Bill got busted.

Last edited by BOSTON; 23 Feb 2008 at 12:23 PM.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2008, 01:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Here's why that won't happen. From 2001 until now, New England has had several defensive coaches, the majority of which are coaching for different teams throughout the NFL. By punishing them, you are punishing many other organizations and tainting their reputations for something that these coaches only did as part of their job under Bill Belichick.

The NFL will not tear up the entire league with fines and such all because these coaches were doing what they were told by their head coach Belichick.

Also, the tapings begin almsot immediately after Belichick became head coach and continue until this past season. One constant factor in that is Bill Belichick which leads us to believe that he is the ring leader in it all. In a situation like this, you have to assume that the defensive coaches who have come and gone were only doing what they were told to keep their jobs, especially Eric Mangini.

So until someone is able to convince me that the spying was not Bill Belichick's plan, the blame should fall to two factors; Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots upper management for allowing it.
Old 23 Feb 2008, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Most people would agree that the NFL should have zero tolerance towards cheating, and yes, those defensive coaches were involved. Are you saying that makes them less guilty, Sam?
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2008, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Wow. You wouldn't even give a shit if it wasn't my favorite team's coach.

Seriously bitch...do you sit at home and stew at night about the ownage I've dropped on you over the years?? Is that why every post you make is directed at me??

I just stopped in to see if the new IWO show was up yet...I got better things to do, so I'll be leaving now...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2008, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Mode View Post
Most people would agree that the NFL should have zero tolerance towards cheating, and yes, those defensive coaches were involved. Are you saying that makes them less guilty, Sam?
Fucking oath that makes them less guilty...The buck stops at the top. That being bellichoke and kraft the men that give and rubber stamp the orders.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2008, 06:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Seriously...just stop already...You are that obsessed to Glue huh...damn...just DAMN...
Old 24 Feb 2008, 09:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Mode View Post
Yes, because when your boss is telling you to cheat and you're bound by contracts and silenced by confidentiality agreements, you really don't have a choice but to do it. So, yes, it makes them less guilty than their superiors.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 10:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

The orders given were unethical, so the coaches had every right to stand up for themselves and say no. Shit, if they would've done that and gotten fired, maybe it would've created enough negative publicity to expose the Patriots before it got this far. Unfortunately, either these coaches were ignorant, or they decided that keeping their job was more important than justice. Doesn't excuse them in my book.

On the other hand, if we're gonna punish them for being involved, then there's a lot more people who were involved and deserve to be punished, including the players. Only question: is it worth it? If it is, then they might as well just shut down the entire team for a season as punishment. If they don't wanna go that far, then I agree, Belichick should be the main target. It's hard to admit that, because the other guys witnessed cheating first hand, and they also participated in it. Chickens come home to roost, right? But fact remains that Belichick is the most responsible.

Here's what I say: punish Belichick, and maybe Matt Walsh can be excused because he's been cooperative, but find some sort of punishment for anyone else who taped something against the rules. They were directly involved and can't be let off the hook.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2008, 08:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Wow. You wouldn't even give a shit if it wasn't my favorite team's coach.

Seriously bitch...do you sit at home and stew at night about the ownage I've dropped on you over the years?? Is that why every post you make is directed at me??

Late.
Yeah, like the 27 other NE threads you've posted weren't cheap shots at me.....please

I was basically pointing out the fact that fatass is just as guilty as Billy is.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2008, 10:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

I've made only a few...no more than 5 NE threads since the Super Bowl concluded. And to be honest in the firestorm of "NE LOST IT ALL" and Spygate stories that have come out lately, it's only prudent that I did so. This board has a lot of NFL fans and most of them have some very definitive opinions about the spygate issue.

So no...every NE thread I posted was not directed at you. I can see how you may delude yourself into thinking that, but it's just not the case. Honestly the only time you personally are in my thoughts is when I have the misfortune of reading your mindless drivel.

However each and every post you've put down lately has been directed at me. For fuck's sake...some guy comes back to the board after 5 years or so and the first thing you can say to him is "Yeah, Glue had complications with his vasectomy."

And honestly...I made NE spygate threads carry such a negative tone, mainly because I hate Belichoke. Pissing you off is really just a side effect...it's like a little bonus.

Seriously...I'm going back to my PS3 now Boston...you might want to consider getting a life as well. I mean, I may not be out clubbing every night, but the PS3 is fun, it's still expensive enough to be somewhat exclusive and it's a hell of a lot better than sitting at home stewing about what someone I've never met said about me on the internet...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 10:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCan
Seriously...just stop already...You are that obsessed to Glue huh...damn...just DAMN...
I've tried to get him to tone his..."interest"......in me down. Doesn't work, just makes him more obsessive.

Late.

Old 25 Feb 2008, 12:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
...the first thing you can say to him is "Yeah, Glue had complications with his vasectomy."
Boston doesn't have the intellect to word that statement so tactfully. You gave him a little too much credit.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2008, 12:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
In news just released to the Boston('s an idiot) Globe we have found out that practices taped by the Patriots were played in front of the team on a PS3...
In completely unrelated news. Dont you think PS3's should be suspended because one was used. And that means Glue would have to spend more time caring about what I have to say rather then... a life.
Boston... Stop fucking obsessing~!

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2008, 12:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

@ Boston's obsession with Glue...

The only thing better then seeing the Patriots reeling from its head coach being suspended for some cheating would be to also see Mangina, the guy who pretty much started this whole little shitstorm, end up in the same boat and the Jets be going through the same shit.

But really...it all comes down to the top dog when it comes to something like this...and in this instance its Bellichick and Kraft that have to answer for this.

But yeah...it would be sweet if it happened.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2008, 09:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

I saw this in the Cleveland Plain Dealer and thought about this stupid thread:

Quote:
Bill Cowher is a hit in Cleveland Browns' territory
Posted by Robert Schoenberger,
Plain Dealer reporter
February 22, 2008 12:10PM

Bill Cowher, the long-time coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers, visited enemy territory today as the keynote speaker for the Cleveland Auto Show dealer's breakfast.

Cowher, who played for the Browns and later was an assistant under Marty Schottenheimer, stepped down as Steelers coach a year ago to spend time with his family. He was rumored as a possible candidate for the Browns job at the start of last season when there was speculation that Romeo Crennel might be fired.

In a question-and-answer session following his speech, Cowher was asked if he'd ever want to come back and coach in Cleveland.

"I'd love to come back," Cowher said. "If there's a place I'd like to come back to, this is it."

He quickly added, "Don't get me wrong. I'm not coming back."

Cowher, who worked as a pre-game host on CBS this past season, praised Crennel.

"Romeo has done the hard work and now he's reaping the rewards," Cowher said. "He's a great head coach and you (Browns fans) should support him."

As he finished his speech, Cowher received a standing ovation from the crowd. He was asked if he ever expected that to happen in Cleveland.

"No one would ever believe me if I told them it did," he said.
So yeah...Belichoke is solely to blame for ordering the taping of other team's practices and signals and such...and as the head coach the sole responsiblity for said wrongdoing falls on him...but if Crennel were to get caught up in this nonsense...

...then I don't think it'd be the end of the world for the Browns.

Late.