ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Shaq to Suns...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Feb 2008, 01:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.
Default Shaq to Suns...

Suns, Heat agree to Shaq trade

No longer confident they can win a championship with their current roster, the Phoenix Suns are close to completing a blockbuster trade that will bring them Shaquille O'Neal, a source with knowledge of the negotiations said Tuesday.

O'Neal is scheduled to travel to Phoenix aboard a private plane Wednesday, the source said, to undergo an MRI on his ailing left hip. If he passes the physical, the Suns will complete the trade by sending Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to the Miami Heat.

The Miami Herald first reported the Suns and Heat were in serious trade discussions involving O'Neal.

Frustrated by Miami's dramatic dropoff this season the Heat own the NBA's worst record at 9-37 O'Neal had begun telling teammates he wanted to be traded but never thought a deal would come to fruition, a Heat source said.

The trade represents a dramatic change for the Suns, whose run-and-gun, small-ball style had revolutionized the league in recent seasons. That same style, however, had failed to bring the Suns a championship, and team officials had become increasingly skeptical about their chances of contending without giving Amare Stoudemire some help on the front line.

While praising recent improvement in Stoudemire's defense last week, Suns general manager Steve Kerr said the team still was doing Stoudemire a "disservice" by playing him at center instead of his more natural power forward position.

While last week's loss to a San Antonio team that was missing Tony Parker again raised some doubts, it was the Lakers' acquisition of Memphis forward Pau Gasol on Friday that ultimately spurred the Suns to consider aggressively looking for another big man. League sources said the Suns also had conversations about Charlotte's Emeka Okafor and Philadelphia's Samuel Dalembert in recent days.

O'Neal, 35, still is a physical presence but seems a poor fit for Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo offense. Suns coaches, however, watched film of O'Neal on Tuesday, the source said, and came away thinking O'Neal's strong passing skills from the high post would work well in their half-court schemes. The Suns also have shown increasingly more confidence in playing forward Boris Diaw next to Stoudemire and think that combination will suffice when O'Neal isn't on the floor.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

First Lakers got Gasol...and now Suns getting Shaq...whom I think still could bust a mothafuker's ass up when he is healthy...

This is bad news for Ginobili and my Spurs...and Warriors...
Old 06 Feb 2008, 01:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Bad news for the Warriors? Pft. Last I checked, Baron Davis still has that tough ass beard, and that's all that's needed

STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2008, 02:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Baron is a baller no doubt...Monte Ellis is becoming a stud...and Ste-Jax is playing light-out b-ball...and they just got C-web back...they are doing alright...

But the talks in in the Bay this time of the year is not just another trip to the playoffs...we want more...we want to get out of the Western Conference this year...

The competition just got a lot tougher now that Lakers, Suns got upgraded...so

BTW...I've went to the game a couple times already this year...and seeing Baron playing live is AMAZING...I went to the game between the Spurs and Warriors...that went into Overtime about a month ago...that was hella game...I was cheering for both side......Of course I was louder whenever GINOBILIIIIII scores...
Old 06 Feb 2008, 03:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Tri Send a message via Yahoo to Tri

this is a HUGE downgrade for the Suns IMO. how is old tattered Shaq gonna keep up with the run and gun style of the Suns? its gonna drastically change the style of play that helped the Suns become who they are
Old 06 Feb 2008, 04:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

Shawn Marion is a great basketball player...I think he is currently rank number one in the NBA fantasy too btw...but to say having Shaq is a downgrade...I can't buy that...

When Shaq is healthy...name someone in the Western Conference that could guard Shaq down low...Yeah the Suns are known for their run-and-shoot with Nash being their QB and all...but what did that get them?...No where near the Western Conference Championship...Let alone NBA rings...When they face a great defensive team like the Spurs...they got beat...when they face a similar run-and-shoot team like the Warriors...they got beat...When they face a dominant center team like Rockets with Yao...they got beat...They got beat by the Lakers twice with Bynum healthy...Those are some of the teams in the West they will eventually have to beat in the playoffs and they are not doing that with their current style of play... Yeah they will go into the playoffs...and eventually going to get whupped again by the Spurs...or Lakers...or Jazz...teams that actually play half-court basketball...

Oh and how in the hell am I supposed to buy that they are legit when they are 1-3 against the lowly crippled ass Minnesota team?...

Last edited by GinoCan; 06 Feb 2008 at 04:21 AM.
GinoCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2008, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I'm going to laugh my ass off watching Shaq's fat ass try to run the Phoenix game.
Old 06 Feb 2008, 03:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

You know, the Suns are already one of the best teams in the West, and their loss in the playoffs last year was very questionable. They were already a title contender. Maybe they should've just focused on playing basketball, instead of setting up a "blockbuster deal" that involves them giving away Shawn "Making The Defense Look Withdrawn" Marion and Marcus Banks for a 36 year old Shaq with questionable health who may or may not fit into their system. And then you've got Shawn Marion, who can do it all on the court, including average double double statistics (points and rebounds) despite being a 6-7 small forward. Nash is over-rated because he sets the pace of a notoriously fast offense, I don't recall John Stockton ever winning any MVP awards despite being just as good at passing. Marion was easily the more valuable player for the Suns during these recent years. I'd say this is a bad trade for the Suns, and a good trade for the Heat, who desperately need someone like Marion.

And oh yeah, for a team that claims to have money issues, the Suns sure ignored how huge Shaq's contract is.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2008, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

I bet Shaq won't make it here more than 3 years.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2008, 07:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

I like this trade a lot as a Heat fan. It's pretty good for Phoenix too. Shaq just doesn't work with our offense and Shawn Marion absolutely would. Shaq, however, would be great for the Suns and is probably going to end up being unstoppable there.
Old 12 Feb 2008, 02:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

More on Shaq anticipation...

O'Neal winded but otherwise fine in first practice with Suns
By BOB BAUM, AP Sports Writer
February 11, 2008

PHOENIX (AP) -- Shaquille O'Neal practiced with the Phoenix Suns for the first time Monday, showing no sign of the hip injury that has sidelined him since Jan. 21.

"It was different. It was very intense," he said after the one-hour wo***ut. "I learned a lot. Now I can see why they can go at the pace they play at. When you just do short bursts like this, then you can save it all for the game."

Just when he will play in a game remained undecided.

"I haven't done anything in a month, but I'm in pretty good shape," O'Neal said. "It will probably take me a few more days to get in tune. The good thing about these guys here is they told me when I'm comfortable, when I'm one-thousand percent, then I can join them."

Phoenix has two games before the All-Star break -- at Golden State on Wednesday night and at home against Dallas on Thursday. The first game after the break is at home against Shaq's old team, the Los Angeles Lakers, his former coach Phil Jackson and his old teammate Kobe Bryant.

"I think it's going to take a little bit," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "It's going to be an adjustment for our guys and for him. It's hard to think and play basketball at the same time. Right now, he's got to think where he's going to go and all that. But it's going to be good chemistry and it's going to change things up, hopefully for the better."

ADVERTISEMENT
D'Antoni said the Suns will "not rush him back for any reason." The coach said he will meet with O'Neal and trainer Aaron Nelson after Tuesday's practice to map out plans.

Phoenix is 2-1 since the trade last Wednesday that brought O'Neal from the Miami Heat for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks. The Suns have the conference's best record at 36-15 but only 5 1/2 games separate the top nine teams in the West.

O'Neal injured his hip diving for a loose ball against Utah on Dec. 22. He returned Jan. 16 but was sidelined again five days later. An MRI showed inflammation in the left hip, shutting him down from all basketball activity.

In going ahead with the trade, the Suns were confident their staff would be able to get O'Neal in playing condition.

"The hip's feeling pretty good, better than it's felt in a while," O'Neal said. "I'm used to just getting injections and going back out there. They told me they have their style, and they want me to stick with it."

O'Neal said he needs to get back in basketball shape and has to be comfortable with playmaker Steve Nash in a system far different from the one used by Pat Riley in Miami.

"I'm not going to rush anything because this is already a fine-tuned machine, and any kink could throw it off," O'Neal said. "I don't want to be the negative kink. I want to step in like I've been with this team the last three years. I have to make sure that everything's right."

He's been impressed by much of what he's seen, particularly the ability of Amare Stoudemire, named Western Conference player of the week on Monday.

"I didn't know he was that good," O'Neal said. "I really didn't."

O'Neal's arrival will allow Stoudemire to move to his more natural power forward position.

"I think it makes my job a little easier," Stoudemire said. "If you look at me standing beside him I look more like a point guard than a center."

The entire Phoenix team seemed energized by O'Neal's presence.

"Most practices you don't want to be out there," Grant Hill said, "but today everybody wanted to be out there and look forward to making it work. That's going to be the challenge. That's going to be the fun part."

O'Neal does not expect to be the star.

"I'm a historian of the game, so I understand that on this team I'm probably a big role player, and I have no problem with that," O'Neal said. "I did my thing in my prime, and it's Amare's prime right now. I think it's my job to get him to the next level. Toward the end of my career, I have no problem coming here and just fitting in and just helping these guys get to the next level."

He compares his job to the role of an aging Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on the "Showtime" Lakers teams of Magic Johnson and James Worthy.

"Kareem was fortunate enough to have those style of players around him toward the end of his career, and I sort of feel like him now," O'Neal said. "I'm no idiot. I'm not going to come in here trying to take over and take 30 shots. I'm going to fit in very nicely -- rebound, outlet to Steve, get some easy buckets, play some defense. That's all we need to do."

I have a lot of respect for Shaq since he first got to the NBA...and after reading this article...Once again I feel the Suns' chance of getting over the hump this year is pretty high now that they got Shaq...even if he is at the end of his career...he understands his role and really committed to getting his 5th ring...The guy is just the most dominating player in the NBA...since Dream retired...

I can't wait to see how he fits in with the Suns...

NBA...I always love this game...
Old 12 Feb 2008, 12:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I like this trade a lot as a Heat fan. It's pretty good for Phoenix too. Shaq just doesn't work with our offense and Shawn Marion absolutely would. Shaq, however, would be great for the Suns and is probably going to end up being unstoppable there.
I think this is GREAT for Miami. You drop an overpaid player who's probably on his last legs, and pick up a guy who's going to be great in Miami. If Miami gets a 3rd scoring option and anything that resembles a bench and they'd be fine.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 05:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

Kidd going to Dallas for Harris...Damn wild wild west...
Old 13 Feb 2008, 08:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCan View Post
Kidd going to Dallas for Harris...Damn wild wild west...
Not so fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN.com
Mavs forward George blocks trade of Kidd to Mavs

With the New Jersey Nets poised to complete a blockbuster deal to send Jason Kidd back to Dallas on Wednesday night, Mavericks reserve forward Devean George has unexpectedly exercised his right to block the trade, according to NBA front-office sources. Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the teams verbally agreed to the deal earlier Wednesday and were preparing to submit the trade for league approval when George informed the Mavericks that he wouldn't consent to being included in the deal, which is his right based on a rare provision in his one-year contract.

The deal -- salvaged from talks on a three-way trade with Portland that developed and fizzled quickly two weeks ago -- has Dallas sending 24-year-old point guard Devin Harris, veteran swingman Jerry Stackhouse, the expiring contracts of center DeSagana Diop and George and guard Maurice Ager to New Jersey for Kidd and forward Malik Allen.

Sources say Dallas would also send the Nets the league-maximum $3 million, the Mavs' first-round draft pick this June and a first-rounder in 2010.

Kidd was with the Nets in Toronto, but didn't talk to the media before the game. He and Allen were both inactive, along with reserve Antoine Wright.

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reports that the Nets and the Mavs were likewise poised to complete a separate trade that will send swingman Wright to Dallas for a future second-round pick.

Before Dallas' game against Portland on Wednesday night, Mavs coach Avery Johnson wasn't ready to call the trade complete.

According to the Dallas Morning News, he said that many trades "get to the 20-yard line, inside the red zone, and don't get into the end zone."

Asked if he thought the trade would go through, Mavs owner Mark Cuban said, "No, I don't think so," according to the newspaper.

Harris, one of the keys to the proposed deals said, according to the Morning News, trades are "part of life. I'm just a spectator to the madness."

Dallas had widely been considered the favorite to win the Kidd trade sweepstakes, despite the repeated attempts of Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to publicly dismiss the idea of parting with multiple regulars for Kidd. Cuban told several New York-based reporters before New Jersey beat Dallas on Sunday that a deal for All-Star floor leader would severely weaken his roster.

"For us to make the numbers work in a deal like that, we'd have to trade away half the team," Cuban said. "We're not doing that, so it just doesn't work. And we like our team. We've got a lot of room for improvement and we hope to get better. But right now, I just don't see anything happening.

Yet sources close to the process insist that the talks had heated up within the past 24 hours, with the Mavs still tantalized by the prospect of bringing Kidd back more than a decade after the pre-Cuban regime drafted him out of Cal, watched him share rookie of the year honors with Grant Hill in 1994-95 and then traded him to Phoenix on the day after Christmas in 1996.

Stackhouse's agent told him he was on the move.

"Now I think it's pretty much a done deal," Stackhouse told The Associated Press earlier Wednesday.

The Nets were expected to buy out Stackhouse's contract immediately, which would have enabled him to re-sign with Dallas if he waits 30 days.

"I feel great. I get 30 days to rest, then I'll be right back," Stackhouse said. "I ain't going nowhere."

That might be more true than he knew.