ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

The Official NFL Off Season Thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Feb 2008, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default The Official NFL Off Season Thread.

We will of course have a seperate thread for the draft, but for now, here this is. I'll get us started.

Quote:
Newsome denies Ravens considering deal for McNabb
Baltimore Sun
Monday, Feb 4, 2008
1:23 pm EST

Baltimore Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome disputed an ESPN report that the Ravens are pondering making a substantial offer for Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb the Baltimore Sun reported.

"We have not had one meeting to discuss any personnel on our team or anyone else's team," Newsome said this morning. "We've been very busy hiring assistant coaches."

There has been speculation linking the Ravens to McNabb since the team hired longtime Eagles assistant John Harbaugh to replace head coach Brian Billick. If the Ravens would decide they are interested in trading for McNabb, it likely would take at least a first-round pick. The Ravens have the No. 8 pick in the NFL draft.
That'd suck...#1 because my boy Troy Smith deserves his shot...even if it is in Gonnorheaville. #2 because I still think McNabb's got some gas in the tank, and they certainly do not need a veteran QB who's been deep in the playoffs, guided his team to the Super Bowl and who can still play at a high level...no...they need another washed up has been...please...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 09:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Jamal resigns for three years with the Browns. That will take him to 32... He should have around 12,000 career yards by then. Not bad.

Cowboys tag Kenny Hamlin. Which means Flo hits the open market. Which means some dumb fuck of an organisation will give him a deal we cannot or will not match. Which means our starting LT next year will be a relative rookie~!

I like Hamlin. But I wanted Flo to stay. Even if he gives up 20 yards a game in false start penalties.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 09:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

The truth is I am paying more attention to the Cardinals then everybody's favortie team as far as post season transactions go.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bastard
The truth is I am paying more attention to the Cardinals then everybody's favortie team as far as post season transactions go.
You got a "second favourite" team like Spear, Kurt and Truthhh???

1 team motherfuckers~!

Im semi interested in what the Fins are doing this offseason but thats only because of Parcells.

JJ is gonna hit the open market...

So much for that jersey. Hopefully T.O retires as a Cowboy.

Ooh and I also heard that Moss has already agreed terms with the Patriots but they cant announce it to 3/1.

Old 23 Mar 2008, 12:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

More then a month of no NFL talk...you people make me sad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Any FA acquisitions you're excited about?

2. How do you think your team's offseason moves so far will affect their draft plan?

3. Did your team to anything to piss you off?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I'm very excited about this FA class. No one that's a huge name (or huge contract) but some great depth and even a few starters considering the state of the Dolphins.

Ernest Wilford (WR) makes me the most excited because I think he will make a huge impact with his size (6-4 218lbs), sure hands, and his ability and willingness to make the difficult catches. He gives Miami a legit red zone threat. Miami's most consistent receiver in 2007 was the #9 overall pick, Ted Ginn Jr. That is just sad and this pick up will help the QB, whoever he is, immensely.

2. Because of the acquisition mentioned above I don't think Miami will look for a possesion WR early. Picking up Jason Ferguson (NT) and Randy Starks (DT) solidified the tackle position and makes Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis out as the potential #1.

I think the plan is to draft Chris Long and trade Jason Taylor for a 2nd round pick. That would give Miami 3 picks in the 2nd round including #32 overall which going by the latest rumor will be getting used on Chad Henne if he's still there.

3. Nothing can piss me off more then 1-15...it can only get better from here.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2008, 02:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0 View Post
More then a month of no NFL talk...you people make me sad.
hey man, you can't just blame it on everyone else. You haven't posted either. Glue's gone, Kurt's gone. It's a ghosttown. Everyone has a stake in this.

Quote:

2. How do you think your team's offseason moves so far will affect their draft plan?

1. We picked up some old linebacker or something. I'm not really sure. I guess it's good enough. The Chargers don't do free agency. AJ don't play that. We lost some guys, but it was all expected, at least, to charger fans.

2. They should be looking at a safety. That's our biggest need. And a right tackle and more depth on the D-line. Jamal is getting up there. I expect AJ will look at a project or two. Maybe a running back.

Quote:
3. Nothing can piss me off more then 1-15...it can only get better from here.
yeah, been there, done that

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2008, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

I really liked the Gibril Wilson signing. He is a sure tackler, can get to the QB on the blitz, and also it shifts Michael Huff back to his more natural position of FS. Javon Walker if healthy is an upgrade over Jerry Porter. He would be a nice deep threat for J-Rock. Drew Carter was an under the radar signing that could pay off huge.

We still need to address the D-line. Dorsey, Gholston, or Ellis should be high on the wish list. Chris Long would be ideal but it's not gonna happen. There is a possibility that we trade down to add more picks.

The whole Lane Kiffin resignation letter saga. Also we didn't sign a backup QB. I would of liked Quinn Gray but he signed with Houston. I heard something about Trent Dilfer and not really excited about that.
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a RAIDER
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2008, 06:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

What free Agent aquisitions? We didnt chase Moss... We didnt want any of the other trashy WR's on the market. We didnt chase a RB... We didnt look at CB. Our Line's are alright for the moment as is the LB position. I suppose Im mildly happy about Zach Thomas. It means we might get rid of Akin and have Zach subbing in and out for Burnett which gets him more gametime(also might mean Bobby Carpenter might see the field at some point)...

Zach didnt do much to change our Draft, nor did resigning Flo. I doubt we draft safety even if we didnt tag Hamlin. Seeing as we didnt go after anything else. Our draft strategy hasnt changed. HOWEVER~! There are massive rumours at the moment that we will get PACMAN before the draft. Assuming we do. We probably wont draft CB in the first round with one of our TWO picks Which leave's us with an abundance of picks and very few positions to fill. Another rumour from SI.com I heard today was that we might trade for Chad sometime closer to the draft~! I assume that will take one of our first rounders away(hopefully Chad burns his bridges in a big way and we might be able to get him for a 2nd.)

We will probably use both of our picks to trade up and grab DMAC or maybe Meldenhall.

Not really. Maybe Im a little annoyed that Jerry Jones wants to go back to the BAD BOYS OF DALLAS era with all these crazy guys on the roster.

TO
Chad
PACMAN

The other thing that just dissapointed me was Seattle signing JJ to a decent contract(signifying he will probably be the starter for them)... Hes a damn good back and it annoys me that we totally fucked him over...

Old 03 Apr 2008, 07:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Hey Glue... GLUE.... glue

What the fuck? I thought you said Savage was smart?

Quote:
Here is maybe the strangest story coming out of the owners meetings involving the Cowboys, and if you can believe it, it has nothing to do with Pacman Jones, Chad Johnson or Roy Williams.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer quotes general manager Phil Savage saying the Browns actually raised their offer to restricted free-agent quarterback Derek Anderson because they were afraid the Cowboys would sign him to an unmatchable offer sheet and be willing to give up a first- and third-round draft choice in return.

Come again?

Follow closely, but here is what The Plain Dealer says Savaged feared: The Cowboys would sign Anderson to the offer sheet consisting of a "poison pill" the Browns couldn't match, give up the first and third, and then in turn help out old buddy Bill Parcells, who would rather not use the first pick in this month's draft, by then trading Anderson and their other first-round pick to the Dolphins, which then would allow the Cowboys to select Darren McFadden.

Seriously . . . two firsts and a third for McFadden.

"It didn't matter if I was pretty convinced or just slightly," Savaged was quoted in the paper as saying. "The threat of that being there (influenced him to raise the Browns' offer)."

The Browns ended up sweetening the three-year, $22 million pot another $2 million and Anderson then signed on the dotted line.

Strange, but had the Cowboys done that, they would have been hit for whatever signing bonus was included in the contract for a player they didn't have, and obviously Anderson would not have signed a deal without a signing bonus.

On top of that, the Cowboys would have been out at least $31 million in guaranteed money the first pick in the draft will surely command.

Wonder what Savage thinks today since Jones continues to deny any interest in trading away The Ranch for the right to draft McFadden?
What the fuck? If we had done that... Our cap situation would sit somewhere close to 15 million OVER~! Are you fucking kidding me?

Old 23 Apr 2008, 03:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Well this thread is actually following the trend...dead...just like PWF...but anyway...let's see...

The draft is coming...we'll probably will have a separate thread for that...

McNair retired...

Seattle released S. Alexander...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3361271

that about it from NFL today...oh and Fins signed Long...Jake Long...basically the Rams is on the clock now...
Old 23 Apr 2008, 03:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

The Skins offered 1st Rounder...and '09 draft pick to Bengals for Chad Johnson and they turned it down...

Apparently they gonna let him sit out the season...the situation is getting ridiculous now....

Same situation for Cardinals WR A. Boldin...

Old 26 Apr 2008, 10:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
J-E-T-S

Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.
Send a message via Yahoo to Skill

Hey Xer0 what happened to trading Taylor for a 1st? I knew no team would ever go for that, but do you think Parcells will still trade him for a couple of Day 2 picks?

Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2008, 04:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

Michael "The Gap" Strahan retired...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3433557
Old 29 Jun 2008, 11:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

none could be happier with the offseason

totally psyched for the new season...New D, New D Coach...fresh start

as long as Ocho shuts his pie hole we'll be seein ya in the playoffs bitches

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2008, 06:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

See?? Things like this are why I missed you, Kurt.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote