ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Greatest Super Bowl ever?? Nielsen says "yes."

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Feb 2008, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Greatest Super Bowl ever?? Nielsen says "yes."

Quote:
Thrilling Giants-Patriots game makes Super Bowl the second most-watched TV show ever
By DAVID BAUDER,
AP Television Writer
February 4, 2008

NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Giants' thrilling win over the New England Patriots was the most-watched Super Bowl ever, with 97.5 million viewers, Nielsen Media Research said Monday.

The game eclipsed the previous Super Bowl record of 94.08 million, set when Dallas defeated Pittsburgh in 1996. Only one other show in American broadcast history was watched by more people, the "M-A-S-H" finale in 1983, which drew 106 million viewers.

Sunday's game had almost all the ingredients Fox could have hoped for: a tight contest with an exciting finish involving a team that was attempting to make history as the NFL's first unbeaten team since 1972.

But the Giants ended New England's bid for perfection, 17-14. Throughout the game, the teams were never separated by more than a touchdown.

Giants quarterback Eli Manning, who was to appear on David Letterman's "Late Show" on Monday, also won bragging rights over his brother: Last year's win by Peyton Manning's Indianapolis Colts was seen by 93.2 million people, now the third most popular Super Bowl.

Fox, a division of News Corp., charged $2.7 million for 30 seconds of advertising time on the game.

An eye-popping 81 percent of all TV sets on in the Boston area Sunday were tuned in to the game. In New York, the audience share was 67 percent.

The audience peaked between 9:30 and 10 p.m. ET -- the fourth quarter -- with 105.7 million people watching, Nielsen said.

There were signs even before gametime that Fox could be headed for a record. The opportunity for a team to make history with football's first 19-0 record was a powerful draw. The Giants and Patriots also had a tight contest in late December that drew strong ratings.

The Giants' underdog run had also captivated the nation's largest media market, making up for the only potential weakness in the event as a drawing card: the lack of geographical diversity in the competing teams.

There were past Super Bowl games with higher ratings, topped by the 1982 game between San Francisco and Cincinnati (49.1 rating, 73 share). That indicates that a larger percentage of homes with televisions were watching the game. But since the American population has increased, along with the number of people with TVs, the actual number of people watching this year was higher.

The Giants-Patriots game's actual rating (43.3 rating, 65 share) was the highest for any Super Bowl since 1997. That means 43 percent of the nation's TV sets were tuned in to the game, and 65 percent of the TV sets that were turned on were watching football.
Holy shit. 2nd most watched Television program ever. The only thing I can think to say is...why the hell did so many people like M*A*S*H*??

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2008, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I'm not supprised. People were not going to miss the Pats going 19-0. Too bad they didn't see it. Lol.
Old 05 Feb 2008, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
I'm not supprised. People were not going to miss the Pats going 19-0. Too bad they didn't see it. Lol.
There were a lot of people watching just to hope they'd lose. I know I was. I fucking hate sheli. I was not chearing for the Giants to win. I, like about 95% of the people watching, were chearing for the Patriots to lose. Fuck Tom Brady. Fuck that cheating fat classless bitch slob belicheat. Fuck the Patriots.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2008, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
There were a lot of people watching just to hope they'd lose. I know I was. I fucking hate sheli. I was not chearing for the Giants to win. I, like about 95% of the people watching, were chearing for the Patriots to lose. Fuck Tom Brady. Fuck that cheating fat classless bitch slob belicheat. Fuck the Patriots.
I was so happy that people in Boston weren't happy.

Fuck the Pats. Fuck 'em in the neck.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2008, 06:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Anybody else find it funny how only like 100 people showed up to welcome the Pats back to Boston?
Old 05 Feb 2008, 11:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
why the hell did so many people like M*A*S*H*??
I swear that even after having seen a squillion of the episodes i can turn on the tv head to foxclassic and still fucking watch any episode anytime....awesome timefiller between sports

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2008, 09:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Anybody else find it funny how only like 100 people showed up to welcome the Pats back to Boston?
I'm still laughing about the fact that they're the biggest chokers in the history of Boston Choke Artists...which is a list both long and distinguished.

And to think that Belichoke may be banned from the league by the time The Spygate Inquisition is over...

I'm all aflutter.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 07 Feb 2008, 06:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
I'm still laughing about the fact that they're the biggest chokers in the history of Boston Choke Artists...which is a list both long and distinguished.

And to think that Belichoke may be banned from the league by the time The Spygate Inquisition is over...

I'm all aflutter.

Late.
The Partiots chocked during ONE game while the Cleveland Indians chocked 4 games in a row and don't get me started about the Shitstains.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2008, 06:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

I really hate that Eli has a fucking ring, I really hate that in my life time I will never see a team go undefeated.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2008, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truthhh
I really hate that Eli has a fucking ring, I really hate that in my life time I will never see a team go undefeated.
Eli Manning is the Jeb Bush of the NFL.
Old 07 Feb 2008, 07:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bastard View Post
The Partiots chocked during ONE game while the Cleveland Indians chocked 4 games in a row and don't get me started about the Shitstains.
LMAO...the Browns, Indians and Cavs all overacheived in 2007...they all did much much better than any Cleveland fan had reason to expect.

So whatever you have to say doesn't matter. I mean...whatever you have to say doesn't matter anyways. But I'm completely happy with what all the Cleveland teams accomplished this year...and I really don't care that much about baseball or basketball anyways...you on the other hand...you must be pissed...and considering you've got that "City of Champions" banner up there......denial isn't a river in Egypt, boy.

Late.

Old 07 Feb 2008, 07:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

Quote:
LMAO...the Browns, Indians and Cavs all overacheived in 2007...they all did much much better than any Cleveland fan had reason to expect.

So whatever you have to say doesn't matter. I mean...whatever you have to say doesn't matter anyways. But I'm completely happy with what all the Cleveland teams accomplished this year...and I really don't care that much about baseball or basketball anyways...you on the other hand...you must be pissed...and considering you've got that "City of Champions" banner up there......denial isn't a river in Egypt, boy.

Late.
Who said I'm pissed?

I didn't drive all the way from East Mesa to Glendale with a dog mask on to watch my team lose to a sub par NFC team.
Old 07 Feb 2008, 09:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
denial isn't a river in Egypt, boy.
QFE.

Late.

Old 07 Feb 2008, 10:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post

Late.
Blue Jackets arn't doing half bad either. Yeah I know it's Columbus, but quite honestly they should've been called the "Ohio Blue Jackets".