ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Browns make their offers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jan 2008, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default Browns make their offers

Quote:
Browns extend contract offers to top free agents Anderson, Lewis
Associated Press
CLEVELAND -- The Browns have made contract offers to quarterback Derek Anderson and running back Jamal Lewis, key players they hope to keep off the free-agent market.

A team spokesman confirmed proposals were sent to the representative for both players, but he could not provide details about the length or value of the deals.

Anderson, who won 10 games and threw 29 touchdown passes in his first season as a starter, is scheduled to become a restricted free agent on Feb. 29. If the Browns can't lock him up with a long-term deal before then, they can tender him with a one-year contract worth $2.52 million.

The club would then be able to match any contract offers made to Anderson by other teams or receive first- and third-round draft picks as compensation if the 24-year-old signs with another team.

Lewis rushed for 1,304 yards and nine TDs in his first season with the Browns, who signed him to a one-year, incentive-stuffed contract worth $5 million last March. Lewis, who can become an unrestricted free agent, has said he wants to stay with Cleveland.

However, keeping him could be a challenge as several other teams may attempt to sign the 28-year-old, who is coming off his most productive season since rushing for 2,066 yards for Baltimore in 2003.

Meanwhile, the Browns have yet to finalize a contract extension for coach Romeo Crennel. His agent, Joe Linta, met with general manager Phil Savage during this week's Senior Bowl activities in Mobile, Ala.

Crennel led the Browns to a 10-6 turnaround in his third season. He has two years remaining on a five-year package he signed in 2005. Savage recently said the Browns would "do right" by Crennel.
Are the Browns trying to lock down Anderson long term? I honestly think it's a smart move. It's rare to find a qb who can be your franchise player. I think DA's got some game. I'd be hard pressed to turn things over to Quinn this soon. It worked out for us in SD with Brees and Rivers. We could have gone with either guy really. It makes sense to me to let Quinn sit another season at least before making a move. But it'll be harder to retain DA next year and when he goes, the Browns will only get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him. I dunno. Glue, are the Browns wanting to keep DA for more than next year?

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2008, 01:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Are the Browns trying to lock down Anderson long term? I honestly think it's a smart move. It's rare to find a qb who can be your franchise player. I think DA's got some game. I'd be hard pressed to turn things over to Quinn this soon. It worked out for us in SD with Brees and Rivers. We could have gone with either guy really. It makes sense to me to let Quinn sit another season at least before making a move. But it'll be harder to retain DA next year and when he goes, the Browns will only get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him. I dunno. Glue, are the Browns wanting to keep DA for more than next year?
Do you get a pick if you lose a player to free agency in there fourth year?

Score~! Someone sign Crayton QUICK~!

I think the Browns should give him the max tender and hope some dumb team bites(Miami for example)... If noone does. Try and work on a new contract during the season(3 year deal)... Fact is they drafted Quinn to be the QB of the franchise. That was where they were going. They should live and die by that decision and at least get something out of DA.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2008, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by G O D View Post
Do you get a pick if you lose a player to free agency in there fourth year?

Score~! Someone sign Crayton QUICK~!

I think the Browns should give him the max tender and hope some dumb team bites(Miami for example)... If noone does. Try and work on a new contract during the season(3 year deal)... Fact is they drafted Quinn to be the QB of the franchise. That was where they were going. They should live and die by that decision and at least get something out of DA.
The NFL will award teams a compensatory draft pick based on some crazy calculations. It's like, if you lose a good player you can get up to a 3rd round bonus pick at the end of the draft round. SD got one for Brees. We couldn't get anything in a trade for him, but the NFL has that policy in place. If the Browns don't sign DA for a long term contract, and they lock him down for just the year, they can't really retain him after that. But the NFL would award something to the team. Maybe a 4th rounder. It would depend on how well he plays next year. Crayton might get you a 6th rounder.

Quote:
In addition to the 32 picks in each round, there are a total of up to 32 picks dispersed at the ends of Rounds 3 through 7. These picks, known as "compensatory picks," are awarded to teams that have lost more qualifying free agents than they gained the previous year in free agency. Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players than they gain also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the other compensatory picks. Compensatory picks cannot be traded, and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick.

If fewer than 32 such picks are awarded, the remaining picks are awarded in the order in which teams would pick in a hypothetical eighth round of the draft.

From wiki. It is some weird shit like that.

I'm not sure miami is going to pull the trigger on another qb situation. They've been burned twice and Parcells isn't a guy who wants to trade draft picks. At least, I'm pretty sure that's not what he's into.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 28 Jan 2008, 07:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I'm not sure miami is going to pull the trigger on another qb situation. They've been burned twice and Parcells isn't a guy who wants to trade draft picks. At least, I'm pretty sure that's not what he's into.
No Parcells LOVES to trade draft picks. He traded down, giving up Steven Jackson, to get Julius Jones. I think in doing that, he got either Ware or Spears, or something.

Then last year, he traded down with the Brownies. Parcells loves to maximize the draft, and with him being a great talent evaluator, he can usually turn one pick into two or three.

Also, has anyone heard the horrible news?

Jerry Jones wants Darren McFadden, and he might be willing to give up Marion Barber for the #1 pick

Fuck that bullshit. I'll be so pissed.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2008, 08:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
No Parcells LOVES to trade draft picks. He traded down, giving up Steven Jackson, to get Julius Jones. I think in doing that, he got either Ware or Spears, or something.

Then last year, he traded down with the Brownies. Parcells loves to maximize the draft, and with him being a great talent evaluator, he can usually turn one pick into two or three.

Also, has anyone heard the horrible news?

Jerry Jones wants Darren McFadden, and he might be willing to give up Marion Barber for the #1 pick

Fuck that bullshit. I'll be so pissed.
If we only have to give up Marion Barber... I'll take that deal in a fucken heartbeat... Hell If we give up Marion and only ONE of our first rounders Im there...

Old 28 Jan 2008, 08:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

The Browns say they want DA locked down long term, but in the end I think the DA extension talk is all just window dressing until the winter meetings. Being out a first rounder and having serious needs in the defensive front 7 make the idea of getting a 1st and a 3rd round pick for DA very interesting.

There's two schools of thinking on this:

DA threw 19 INTs and played average at best down the stretch. A lot of people think that DA's advantage in this season was his quick decision making and the fact that he has K2, Braylon and Joe Jurevicius to throw to. Not to mention a pretty good checkdown option in Jamal Lewis. Brady's passes have a lot more polish and he can mix up the speed and strength they're thrown with, while DA only throws rockets.

But on the flip side...

DA threw 29 TDs. His height and the height of his receivers put just about every defensive backfield in the NFL at a disadvantage, being that he's 6'6" and his primary receivers are 6'3", 6'4" and 6'5". Given the carousel that has been the Browns' QB position since Bernie Kosar was cut by Satan, can the Browns really afford to bank on Brady's ability to be as good as DA was this year? Tough sell.

At the end of the day, I want both QBs next year. Fuck the first round, there's looking to be 3 or 4 really nice options on the D Line by the time pick # 53 comes around, and there's Free Agency. I want DA to have another year as the starter before a decision is reached. Brady's got a lot of polish and Charlie Weis' stamp of approval. That's great, but DA's done it, and he has guys on the line and in the receiving corps playing for him.

But at the end of the day, I honestly believe that this is all talk w/ regard to DA and that Phil Savage will wait until after he's gotten a chance to talk to some people about what they'd be willing to part with for DA. He mortgaged this year's first rounder on Brady Quinn, and if Quinn isn't the guy this year, you can bet Savage is looking to make up for the lost pick.

I love DA though. The kid's tough, and he doesn't quit. He made a lot of mistakes last year, but it was his first year as a starter, and it's not like the defense bailed him out of anything whatsoever.

In the end, I dunno. I'm torn. I want to keep DA but the Browns need a Game Breaker up front on D. We'll see what happens.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2008, 11:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G O D
If we only have to give up Marion Barber... I'll take that deal in a fucken heartbeat... Hell If we give up Marion and only ONE of our first rounders Im there...
I don't pay attention or care about the Cowboys ...but I do know this...Marion Barber is a good running back...but not an every down RB...He is a beast in the redzone...but I don't see him ripping through D-lines or grind those yards...
Old 28 Jan 2008, 11:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCan
I don't pay attention or care about the Cowboys ...but I do know this...Marion Barber is a good running back...but not an every down RB...He is a beast in the redzone...but I don't see him ripping through D-lines or grind those yards...
He rips through D-Lines in his first 20 or so carries. After that hes blown up and doesnt have the burst anymore. There was never a bigger example of this then in the Giants game. 100 yards before the half... 28 in the second(on 11 carries). Hes definately not a grinder. Hes not gonna consistantly take 4 yards per carry for an entire drive. But when hes hot. There's not many RB's in the league who are better.

But in saying that. DMAC could have the same impact that AD/AP had... And imo... for Barber. Thats worth it. Thats a gamble Im willing to take. For Barber and a 1st round pick... Its slightly more risky(but it works out because I dont want to see the Cowboys fighting off cap shit with too many first round picks on the roster)...

Anything more then that and its going too far.

But the fact is that if we give Marion his Top Level Tender. I still think there is a team who will throw him a contract offer(Oakland or some shitty team like that who has no problem burning money)... Which puts us in a position of either drafting THREE first round picks... Or matching Marion's contract offer(which will be BIGTIME money) when we KNOW that he isnt an every down back. When hes only effective in a Dual back set.

Just gives me something to watch this offseason... I just hope Jerry doesnt make a meal of it. I dont want to see another Joey Galloway trade bite us in the ass for the next 5 years.

Old 29 Jan 2008, 12:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Fuck that.

McFadden is unproven, and got banged up in college quite a bit.

We need defensive help, before we need running back help.

I definitely do not believe Barber is a full time starter, but we can draft another RB later on.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 12:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Quote:
Fuck that.

McFadden is unproven, and got banged up in college quite a bit.

We need defensive help, before we need running back help.

I definitely do not believe Barber is a full time starter, but we can draft another RB later on.
Barber is gonna want to get paid like a starting RB whether it be this year or next. I would like to get worth from something like that.

Now of course DMAC is unproven. But as I said. Its a gamble we are willing to take. RB is a luxury in our offence anyway. We rely far too much on the pass... So he doesnt have to be a monster in the backfield(though it wouldnt suck~!)

If we lose Barber to RFA(we get a 1st and 3rd overall)... Thats three picks in the first round this year. And all of them combined wont make up the numbers to trade up for DMAC... If we can swindle Miami into giving us there 1st overall for just Barber and #22... I think we have to take it.

Sure we have issues in at Corner and Safety. But they arent starting issues. We need a Nickel Corner and a Safety not named Roy Williams . While that could be satisfied with both our first rounders... Would it not work out with a second and third?(remember we dont have Parcell's anymore. All those 2-5 round picks can be skill positions instead of Offensive Lineman...

Old 29 Jan 2008, 12:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Barber is gonna want to get paid like a starting RB whether it be this year or next. I would like to get worth from something like that.

Now of course DMAC is unproven. But as I said. Its a gamble we are willing to take. RB is a luxury in our offence anyway. We rely far too much on the pass... So he doesnt have to be a monster in the backfield(though it wouldnt suck~!)

If we lose Barber to RFA(we get a 1st and 3rd overall)... Thats three picks in the first round this year. And all of them combined wont make up the numbers to trade up for DMAC... If we can swindle Miami into giving us there 1st overall for just Barber and #22... I think we have to take it.

Sure we have issues in at Corner and Safety. But they arent starting issues. We need a Nickel Corner and a Safety not named Roy Williams . While that could be satisfied with both our first rounders... Would it not work out with a second and third?(remember we dont have Parcell's anymore. All those 2-5 round picks can be skill positions instead of Offensive Lineman...
I dunno. I just really like Barber, and think he deserves to get paid, as a Cowboy. I think it'd be stupid to keep Jones, who's gonna get pissy if we bring in another running back I'm sure. I'm just not sold on McFadden. He was too inconsistent, and number one picks can be busts. I don't want to invest money in a bust, that'll set us back for years. That's why I think we should keep Barber, trade Jones or whatever, and draft a running back later to be complimentary to Barber.

Also, it really rubs me the wrong way, that Jones is so high on McFadden, because he went to Arkansas. I mean really, that's the dumbest reason to covet a player. Jones is stupid enough to do it too, and I'll be pissed.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 01:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
If we can swindle Miami into giving us there 1st overall for just Barber and #22... I think we have to take it.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFT
POSTED 12:52 p.m. EST, January 27, 2008

'BOYS TO MAKE A DEAL WITH THE FINS?

ESPN's Chris Mortensen suggested during a special edition of Sunday NFL Countdown that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is eyeing the possibility of swinging a trade with the Dolphins for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2008 draft.

Such a deal would allow the 'Boys to bag running back Darren McFadden, who played college football at Jones' alma mater of Arkansas.

Per Mort, any such deal would have to include the rights to Cowboys running back Marion Barber, who is slated to be a restricted free agent. To make it happen, the Cowboys would have to work out a sign-and-trade deal before Barber gets a chance to ink an offer sheet that would force the Cowboys to match the terms or let him go in exchange for compensation. Thus, the safest bet for the 'Boys would be to tender Barber at the highest possible level, which would force any team that signs him to give up a first-round pick and a third-round pick. Those extra picks then could be used to sweeten the pot for the top spot in the draft.

And it's clear that the Cowboys are going to have to find a way to enhance the two first-rounders that they can offer up for the No. 1 pick. Under the revised draft order, the Cowboys pick at No. 22 (from Cleveland) and at No. 28. Under the trade chart, the No. 22 overall pick is worth 780 points and the No. 28 selection is worth 660 points. The No. 1 selection has a value of 3,000 points; thus, the Cowboys would be a whopping 1,560 points short.

Though the trade chart arguably needs to be adjusted to reflect the fact that the enormous financial investment that is now required when using the top pick makes the prospects of a move up even more fraught with risk, the Fins could justify the 1,560-point gap by placing that value on Barber, who coupled with Ronnie Brown could give Miami a deadly one-two punch in the backfield.

Some readers think that the framework for a deal is already in place, and was part of the unspoken understanding that allowed the Dolphins to have their way with the Dallas front office and coaching staff. If that's true it wouldn't surprise us. Jones surely covets McFadden, and our guess is that he is willing to do whatever is necessary to get him.
...so if that deal were to go through Miami would get Barber as well as #22 and #28.

If that happens I could then see Miami sending #28 to Cincinatti for Ocho Cinco if he gets his wish for a trade. Pick #22 would probably go to either the best CB, MLB, DL, or OL available.

Miami would get 2 capable starters right off the bat and the team would immediately become better.

About the Browns and DA...they should definitely keep him...not too sure about Jamal however. He looked pretty good at times...but he looked not quite that good at others. IMO Cleveland should atleast be considering a RB in round 3 or 4.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2008, 01:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Quote:
I dunno. I just really like Barber, and think he deserves to get paid, as a Cowboy. I think it'd be stupid to keep Jones, who's gonna get pissy if we bring in another running back I'm sure. I'm just not sold on McFadden. He was too inconsistent, and number one picks can be busts. I don't want to invest money in a bust, that'll set us back for years. That's why I think we should keep Barber, trade Jones or whatever, and draft a running back later to be complimentary to Barber.

Also, it really rubs me the wrong way, that Jones is so high on McFadden, because he went to Arkansas. I mean really, that's the dumbest reason to covet a player. Jones is stupid enough to do it too, and I'll be pissed.
You dont have to worry about Julius... He's gone. UFA this year and there is very little(if any) chance that he comes back to Dallas.

I would love for Marion to stay. But he shouldnt get paid the type of money that he will demand. It will hamstring this offence in terms of what it can do(as would DMAC)... But we KNOW exactly what Marion can do. And he definately isnt worth starting salary. DMAC could be a 30 carry a game back. Or he could be a dual back in disguise. Its a risk sure. But with our current options... Its definately something we would consider.(and I really think it has more then just playing at his alma mater...) Thats ESPN's ridiculous coverage at its best. He is on most if not all draft boards the BPA.

My preferences are... Resign Marion to a reasonable contract and bring in Michael Turner to an equally reasonable contract and use that as our Dual RB system next year.

Trade Marion for a 1st and 3rd... And bring in Michael Turner and draft another RB in the 3rd or 4th...

Trade Barber and a 1st to Miami for the #1 overall and get DMAC and bring Tatum Bell in as his spell back.

Really. It all hinges on being able to resign Marion Barber to a contract befitting his position.

Anyway... xer0... The ugliest trade rumour for the Cowboys included Marion, Marcus Spears, Bobby Carpenter and both our first round draft choices... Which is blatantly NOT going to happen.

There's three teams in this years offseason who everyone should be looking at with interest. The Cowboys due to there multiple trade options with two first round picks... A Pro Bowl RFA and a few tradeable players...

Miami with Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland... With Bill they are officially on the fast track to rebuilding. I expect a few pieces of the puzzle to move into position including Bill trying to bring in some of "his" players.

And Cleveland due to the situation with DA. I really do think a team will make a bid for him and it will be interesting to see how the Browns deals with that.

Old 29 Jan 2008, 11:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Jesus, this thread is more complicated than drafting Eli was...

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 29 Jan 2008, 06:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Lewis wants to finish as Brown
by Mike Conley
Tuesday January 29, 2008
Cleveland Plain Dealer
PD file photo

CLEVELAND - Running back Jamal Lewis would like to sign a multi-year deal with the Browns that would enable him to finish his career in Cleveland, Lewis' agent Mitch Frankel said Monday.

"Jamal feels he can play three years at a very, very high level and even beyond that," Frankel said. "His goal is to be able to work out a contract with the Browns and remain there for the rest of his career. We have one month before the start of free agency to make that goal a reality."

The Browns have made Lewis a proposal that's believed to be for two years. If the two sides can't come to terms, Lewis will become an unrestricted free agent on Feb. 29.

"Jamal was one of only three players who rushed for 1,300 yards and had nine or more touchdowns in 2007," Frankel said. "The other two were [San Diego's] LaDainian Tomlinson and [Minnesota's] Adrian Peterson. We have 30 days to work out an equitable contract."

Asked if he was confident a deal can get done based on the proposal, Frankel said, "I'm hopeful something can be worked out. It was the Browns' initial proposal. Every negotiation has to have a starting point."

For comparison's sake, Tomlinson made about $5 million last season and Peterson about $4.54 million. Lewis signed a one-year deal worth $3.5 million, but made an extra $1.5 million in incentives.

"When Jamal first visited the Browns last year, he was confident it would be a good fit for him," Frankel said. "That proved to be right and Jamal really wants to stay in Cleveland."

Browns General Manager Phil Savage's motto for Lewis all last season was "a hungry Jamal is a good Jamal," which is probably why they offered him only a two-year deal.
Jamal wants to finish in Cleveland...translation...Jamal wants a 4 year deal.

Fuck me.

I realize a motherfucker's gotta get paid and all but 3 or 4 years is pushing it unless all years after year 2 are voidable. I don't care how much Jamal has "left in the tank," he's got some hard miles on him.

EDIT:

This is a much better pick of Jamal...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.

Last edited by The Glue; 29 Jan 2008 at 06:26 PM.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote