ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

What players would you like to see your team draft?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jan 2008, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default What players would you like to see your team draft?

Well, assuming we don't trade away our draft pick (which I would actually like to see happen), I think Miami's gonna be taking Chris Long. For a while people were saying that we'd take Dorsey but I don't know how good of a decision that'd be seeing as he's got pretty bad legs and would probably be injury prone the majority of his career.

Our best bet is to take a defensive player seeing as our offense is decent enough. We're pretty stacked at RB with Brown, Chatman, and Williams (assuming he plays better than he did last time he returned, and no I don't count the Steelers game as a return). I like that we're trying to keep Trent Green. 38 seems to be the magic number for old QBs (Rich Gannon, Brett Favre). Even if Green doesn't work out, we still have Cleo Lemon who has shown that he is pretty talented only if he's coached well and I'm sure Sparano will be able to help out in that field. Even John Beck looks like he could be good with more experience and coaching. Since we traded Chambers we've kinda been lacking a bit at WR, although Booker's been playing great as of late as has Ted Ginn. Maybe one more decent WR would help our offense become more dominate.

What players do you want?
Old 24 Jan 2008, 08:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Miami's sending the first overall pick to Cleveland for DA...

I have no idea. The Browns pick 53rd.

If they're there...and who knows that far down...I'm looking for:

Kentwan Balmer, DT North Carolina 6'5" 295
Dre Moore, DT Maryland 6'4" 311
Adarius Bowman, WR Oklahoma St 6'4" 220
Joseph Bryant, DT Texas A&M 6'5" 322 <--- Most Browns sites say he's the Browns' pick
Chris Johnson, HB East Carolina 5'10" 201 <--- Pure speed.

That's about it. I'm keeping a candle lit that somehow Albert Haynesworth will be allowed to hit the market, but other than that, I'm not nearly as interested in the off season as in years previous.

But I'll still watch every second of combine coverage...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2008, 01:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Well, assuming we don't trade away our draft pick (which I would actually like to see happen), I think Miami's gonna be taking Chris Long. For a while people were saying that we'd take Dorsey but I don't know how good of a decision that'd be seeing as he's got pretty bad legs and would probably be injury prone the majority of his career.
I agree that if the right deal comes along Miami should trade down...but IMO I really don't think its going to happen. I also agree that the pick will be Chris Long...but it wont have anything to do with Dorsey.

Chris Long is just a prototypical Parcells player...big...great character...loves football...intelligent...etc...

Not to mention that he's being coached by Parcells good friend Al Groh there at Virginia...and also that Parcells prefers players from VA schools.

One thing I don't get tho is this big assumption that Dorsey is injury prone because of this season. The guy was chop blocked by Auburn which caused the injury still played almost all of the season...and won several awards and a national title in the process. Even injured he still was demanding double and triple coverages and even then he was still disrupting the backfield regularly.

Dorsey is special...but so is Long...and I think the ties that Parcells has to Long will seal that deal. Although if by chance Miami does pick Dorsey, which apparently they are thinking about it seeing as reports from the Sr. Bowl this week said Miami was digging deep into Dorsey's background to see what kind of character guy he is. If he does check out in that aspect its still very possible they could take him.

This will all become very interesting after the Combine and Free Agency.

Quote:
Our best bet is to take a defensive player seeing as our offense is decent enough. We're pretty stacked at RB with Brown, Chatman, and Williams (assuming he plays better than he did last time he returned, and no I don't count the Steelers game as a return). I like that we're trying to keep Trent Green. 38 seems to be the magic number for old QBs (Rich Gannon, Brett Favre). Even if Green doesn't work out, we still have Cleo Lemon who has shown that he is pretty talented only if he's coached well and I'm sure Sparano will be able to help out in that field. Even John Beck looks like he could be good with more experience and coaching. Since we traded Chambers we've kinda been lacking a bit at WR, although Booker's been playing great as of late as has Ted Ginn. Maybe one more decent WR would help our offense become more dominate.
I really don't expect Marty Booker or Cleo Lemon back honestly...Chatman IMO is a long shot also.

You saying Booker's been playing "great as of late" made me almost fall out of my chair laughing. From what I've watched (almost every game) he was way too fucking inconsistent for the money he's making. We have another guy on the roster that's younger, healthier, and cheaper then Booker who would really benefit from the increased playing time he'd see after Booker's cut.

Cleo and Chatman are both UFA this year...I can see Miami making Chatman an offer but I actually expect him to try to get himself into Baltimore as a backup to Willis so he can be with Cameron again. Cleo wants to be a starting QB and I doubt he gets that shot in Miami after this season. He had his times where he looked good...and he had his god awful moments...mostly the latter. He takes way too long to make a decision and this throws his timing with the receivers off completely.

Green's done...I don't believe there is a doctor out there that will clear him. Maybe he comes back as a backup/mentor to Beck...or maybe assistant QB coach...but that'd be about it.

John Beck has the tools to be an elite quarterback in the NFL...however he needs a fucking offensive line that can maintain a pocket for more then 1.5 seconds to be able to get anything done. His accuracy is awesome and I think once he gets used to the NFL style he'll be great...however I also think its totally possible he may be great with some other team.

Beck isn't a Parcells QB...too small. Parcells prefers a big QB that can see over the line (Bledsoe). Maybe Parcells gives him a chance...but IMO he's going to want one of the bigger QB's out of this draft.

Flacco
Henne
Booty

One of those guys will be a Dolphin after the draft is done. I think Parcells will really want Flacco and may even use pick #32 to get him. Flacco is huge (6'6) and has a big arm...he's basicially another Bledsoe.

I'll reserve going into who I want until closer to the draft...I want to see the Combine and Pro Day results before I start deciding who I like.

Oh...and Glue...Anderson trade ain't happening...unless Miami gets Cleveland's number 1 next year...then I suppose it could be possible.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2008, 08:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0
Oh...and Glue...Anderson trade ain't happening...unless Miami gets Cleveland's number 1 next year...then I suppose it could be possible.
Hey whatup, man?

Yeah...the Browns just made him a three year offer today. They sent Jamal a two year offer. So here's hoping.

Besides...I'm happy keeping DA in Cleveland anyways. Next year should be a 35 TD year for him.

Funny though...a Dolphins Fan at work was trying to say that the Fins are better off than Cleveland yesterday...I told him that the Browns had 9 more wins and 7 less losses. Then I reminded him that 9-7 is a division title in the NFC...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2008, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0 View Post
One thing I don't get tho is this big assumption that Dorsey is injury prone because of this season. The guy was chop blocked by Auburn which caused the injury still played almost all of the season...and won several awards and a national title in the process. Even injured he still was demanding double and triple coverages and even then he was still disrupting the backfield regularly.
It's not just because of this season, though, that people are worried about Dorsey being injury prone. He grew up with bad knees and had to sit out most of his life. When his knees work, he's fantastic. However, I don't know how much college ball you watch, but he's been haunted by the knees the majority of his college career. One bad block like the one in the Auburn game and the guy will be out for the season.

Quote:
I really don't expect Marty Booker or Cleo Lemon back honestly...Chatman IMO is a long shot also.
I do. At least Booker. Lemon I can definitely see them letting go, but at this point I think they need to keep Marty Booker and see how he does with new coaching. I really don't see Chatman staying there next year, especially with Ronnie and Ricky, we really have no use for him.

Quote:
You saying Booker's been playing "great as of late" made me almost fall out of my chair laughing. From what I've watched (almost every game) he was way too fucking inconsistent for the money he's making. We have another guy on the roster that's younger, healthier, and cheaper then Booker who would really benefit from the increased playing time he'd see after Booker's cut.
Well that's what I meant. Obviously no player plays great on Miami's offense, but like Lemon, I've seen plenty of times lately where it looks like he can finally turn into a great receiver if he gets the right help.

Quote:
Cleo and Chatman are both UFA this year...I can see Miami making Chatman an offer but I actually expect him to try to get himself into Baltimore as a backup to Willis so he can be with Cameron again. Cleo wants to be a starting QB and I doubt he gets that shot in Miami after this season. He had his times where he looked good...and he had his god awful moments...mostly the latter. He takes way too long to make a decision and this throws his timing with the receivers off completely.
Again, I don't think Chatman will be there next year and I can see Lemon leaving as well. Chatman we really don't have much use for anymore (unless Ricky and Ronnie both get hurt like this year). Lemon has the skill and talent, he just doesn't have the mental ability. I don't think he gets enough credit for his speed and his running ability even with the God awful line we had this year.

Quote:
Green's done...I don't believe there is a doctor out there that will clear him. Maybe he comes back as a backup/mentor to Beck...or maybe assistant QB coach...but that'd be about it.
That's what I was thinking too, but all week they've been talking about how Miami wants him back as their starter, but they want to pay him less. I'm interested to see what he can do, honestly.

Quote:
John Beck has the tools to be an elite quarterback in the NFL...however he needs a fucking offensive line that can maintain a pocket for more then 1.5 seconds to be able to get anything done. His accuracy is awesome and I think once he gets used to the NFL style he'll be great...however I also think its totally possible he may be great with some other team.
He could be great. It's obvious that most of his mistakes are just rookie mistakes and I want to see him play for one more year. You're absolutely right that we need a line, and most of our offensive struggles come from that.

Quote:
Beck isn't a Parcells QB...too small. Parcells prefers a big QB that can see over the line (Bledsoe). Maybe Parcells gives him a chance...but IMO he's going to want one of the bigger QB's out of this draft.

Flacco
Henne
Booty

One of those guys will be a Dolphin after the draft is done. I think Parcells will really want Flacco and may even use pick #32 to get him. Flacco is huge (6'6) and has a big arm...he's basicially another Bledsoe.
Flacco's the guy I'd go after. Henne didn't do too well in the Senior Bowl, nor did he do too well throughout his Senior year of college. We'll see what happens in the combine, but as of right now I wouldn't bother with him. I'm still afraid to trust anything out of USC, including John David Booty. Go for Flacco. He's the future.
Old 26 Jan 2008, 10:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

shit i hope carolina either gets a young DL, OL, or DB
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2008, 10:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
Hey whatup, man?

Yeah...the Browns just made him a three year offer today. They sent Jamal a two year offer. So here's hoping.

Besides...I'm happy keeping DA in Cleveland anyways. Next year should be a 35 TD year for him.

Funny though...a Dolphins Fan at work was trying to say that the Fins are better off than Cleveland yesterday...I told him that the Browns had 9 more wins and 7 less losses. Then I reminded him that 9-7 is a division title in the NFC...

Late.
Not a whole lot...

From what I've seen of Cleveland this year I thought DA looked pretty good. My dad was bitching because he wanted to see Quinn playing but, IMO, I wouldn't want to disrupt the chemestry that DA has going on with Braylon, Kellen, and Joe.

Really...the best thing Cleveland could do, again...IMO, would be to let them both battle it out in camp and then trade the loser before week 6.

...and yeah...the Fins are much worse off then Cleveland...but it can't get any worse then it did this past season. They have nowhere to go but up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
I do. At least Booker. Lemon I can definitely see them letting go, but at this point I think they need to keep Marty Booker and see how he does with new coaching. I really don't see Chatman staying there next year, especially with Ronnie and Ricky, we really have no use for him.
I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Marty...but the recent injury history coupled with his age and large cap number makes me believe he's due to be cut. Maybe the guys who matter will see it differently...but I'm doubting it.

I do think Miami will pick up a veteran WR in FA too.

Quote:
That's what I was thinking too, but all week they've been talking about how Miami wants him back as their starter, but they want to pay him less. I'm interested to see what he can do, honestly.
If he can go then maybe he does come back...but I still don't think he'll get cleared to play again. I also think Miami would be better off to just stand behind Beck this off season and going into next season...really give him a chance to build a little confidence and chemestry with the team.

Quote:
Flacco's the guy I'd go after. Henne didn't do too well in the Senior Bowl, nor did he do too well throughout his Senior year of college. We'll see what happens in the combine, but as of right now I wouldn't bother with him. I'm still afraid to trust anything out of USC, including John David Booty. Go for Flacco. He's the future.
I'm with you...I'd rather have Flacco out of those three...but I fear he'll have a Jay Cutler-esque climb over the next few months and becomes a early or mid 1st round pick.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2008, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

The Raiders should address DL in the draft. Getting McFadden would be luxury not fixing a huge need. With the ZBS Cable installed this season Fargas, Jordan, and Rhodes all had 100 yard games. Fargas surpassed the 1000 yard mark. Don't forget they still have Michael Bush coming off IR next year. Without the injury he suffered in college he would of been a Top 15 pick in last years draft. Dorsey, C. Long, and Ellis are guys that would help shore up the defensive line. Win or lose the coin flip with ATL at 3rd or 4th I think we got a shot at two of them.
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a RAIDER
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2008, 12:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Jake Long. That is all.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 03:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

dorsey

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2008, 08:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

On the whole Miami thing. I expect them to probably pursue Patrick Crayton if he hits the open market. He has the potential to be a very good #2 in the league and would really help that Miami offence out. And he has that Parcell's connection having played for him here in Dallas~!

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2008, 09:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

Quote:
Originally Posted by G O D View Post
On the whole Miami thing. I expect them to probably pursue Patrick Crayton if he hits the open market. He has the potential to be a very good #2 in the league and would really help that Miami offence out. And he has that Parcell's connection having played for him here in Dallas~!
Could have swore I read somewhere a few weeks back that he resigned for 4 years.
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a RAIDER
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2008, 09:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural
Could have swore I read somewhere a few weeks back that he resigned for 4 years.
So he is. I had assumed we were gonna let him test the market. Oh well. Miami can have Terry Glenn for a 3rd round pick~!

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote