ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Backing off...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jan 2008, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Backing off...

Well......lately I'm kinda backing off the hatred of the Pats.

I mean, I'll always hate Belichek, but that's got nothing to do with the Pats at all. And sure, Brady seems kinda smug and smarmy, but it occurs to me that any other attitude he'd have would probably come off either as worse or disingenuous.

And the whole cheating thing...well that's kinda hard to get by, but for you've still got to go out and play the game. Besides that, with the amount of film coaches and assistants and flunkies and players watch before a game, it's not like they don't know at least 80% of a team's playbook going into a game.

Look at the 72 Dolphins. Their offense was: Running with Czonka, Mercury and sometimes Jim Kick; or the occasional pass to my man Paul Warfield. It's been said that every team knew what they were going to do, they just couldn't stop it.

So I'm backing off the hatred of both teams. I'd always felt that the 72 Dolphins were totally classless in taking their champagne bottles to the games of the last undefeated team and toasting their defeat, and there's definitely something to that. But those guys did what noone before them could, and thirty five years later only these Pats have come close.

So I've got to tip my cap to both teams. I won't forget the toasts following an undefeated team's loss and I certainly won't forget Spygate...if nothing else it gives me another reason to hate Belichek...not like a Browns fan needs another one...but at this point I just have to tip my cap to them. Regardless of what I or anyone may think or have said about the Patriots to this point, it's a job well done.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

That's great, but how can a team who's caught cheating at the beginning of the season not have an asterisk next to their record?
Old 21 Jan 2008, 07:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Sell out.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Good thread. You explained why the usual gripes aren't that big of a deal, and you gave those teams credit. That's a cool thing to do and I respect that. I'm not gonna hate on the Pats either. Say what you want about them, but it's obvious that they're one of the more dominant teams in the history of this league.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

They are cheaters, and I still hate them. But here's my fucking dilema. Do I hate the patriots enough to want to see the giants beat them, or do I hate Sheli enough that I want to see the patriots beat them

what the fuck am I going to do

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 01:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
They are cheaters, and I still hate them. But here's my fucking dilema. Do I hate the patriots enough to want to see the giants beat them, or do I hate Sheli enough that I want to see the patriots beat them

what the fuck am I going to do
Did Sheli try to cheat to beat the New York Jets?
Old 22 Jan 2008, 06:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I hate the Patriots.
I hate the Giants.
19-0?
Division Rival Super Bowl Champions?

My pick? A nuclear bomb destroying the stadium and causing neither team to win

Check the banner...Fuck Super Bowl XLII
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

The last few weeks these Giants fans around here are getting as obnoxious as the Yankee fans. I can't stand reading the local papers or listening to the 'FAN anymore. As much as I hate the Pats since the Tuck Rule game, I hope they blow the Giants out.
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a RAIDER
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 06:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

I hope Brady, Moss, and Sheli all get cruched in a meteor shower

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 09:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
Well......lately I'm kinda backing off the hatred of the Pats.

I mean, I'll always hate Belichek, but that's got nothing to do with the Pats at all. And sure, Brady seems kinda smug and smarmy, but it occurs to me that any other attitude he'd have would probably come off either as worse or disingenuous.

And the whole cheating thing...well that's kinda hard to get by, but for you've still got to go out and play the game. Besides that, with the amount of film coaches and assistants and flunkies and players watch before a game, it's not like they don't know at least 80% of a team's playbook going into a game.

Look at the 72 Dolphins. Their offense was: Running with Czonka, Mercury and sometimes Jim Kick; or the occasional pass to my man Paul Warfield. It's been said that every team knew what they were going to do, they just couldn't stop it.

So I'm backing off the hatred of both teams. I'd always felt that the 72 Dolphins were totally classless in taking their champagne bottles to the games of the last undefeated team and toasting their defeat, and there's definitely something to that. But those guys did what noone before them could, and thirty five years later only these Pats have come close.

So I've got to tip my cap to both teams. I won't forget the toasts following an undefeated team's loss and I certainly won't forget Spygate...if nothing else it gives me another reason to hate Belichek...not like a Browns fan needs another one...but at this point I just have to tip my cap to them. Regardless of what I or anyone may think or have said about the Patriots to this point, it's a job well done.

Late.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Glue again.
Damn you PWF!!!
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 09:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post
I hate the Patriots.
I hate the Giants.
19-0?
Division Rival Super Bowl Champions?

My pick? A nuclear bomb destroying the stadium and causing neither team to win

Check the banner...Fuck Super Bowl XLII
I'm with STICK on this one.

I don't like either team but I'll still watch the game and I honestly don't care who wins it all.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 09:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

I'm going for the Pats for the simple fact I've never seen a team go unbeaten in my lifetime yet, and this may be the only chance I get to see it, so go 19-0.
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2008, 12:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by what777
I'm going for the Pats for the simple fact I've never seen a team go unbeaten in my lifetime yet, and this may be the only chance I get to see it, so go 19-0.
I'm going for the Giants for the simple fact I don't ever want to see a team go unbeaten...