ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum (http://forums.prowrestlingfans.com/)
-   Sports (http://forums.prowrestlingfans.com/sports/)
-   -   Backing off... (http://forums.prowrestlingfans.com/sports/57843-backing-off.html)

The Glue 21 Jan 2008 05:30 PM

Backing off...

Well...:suspic:...lately I'm kinda backing off the hatred of the Pats.

I mean, I'll always hate Belichek, but that's got nothing to do with the Pats at all. And sure, Brady seems kinda smug and smarmy, but it occurs to me that any other attitude he'd have would probably come off either as worse or disingenuous.

And the whole cheating thing...well that's kinda hard to get by, but for you've still got to go out and play the game. Besides that, with the amount of film coaches and assistants and flunkies and players watch before a game, it's not like they don't know at least 80% of a team's playbook going into a game.

Look at the 72 Dolphins. Their offense was: Running with Czonka, Mercury and sometimes Jim Kick; or the occasional pass to my man Paul Warfield. It's been said that every team knew what they were going to do, they just couldn't stop it.

So I'm backing off the hatred of both teams. I'd always felt that the 72 Dolphins were totally classless in taking their champagne bottles to the games of the last undefeated team and toasting their defeat, and there's definitely something to that. But those guys did what noone before them could, and thirty five years later only these Pats have come close.

So I've got to tip my cap to both teams. I won't forget the toasts following an undefeated team's loss and I certainly won't forget Spygate...if nothing else it gives me another reason to hate Belichek...not like a Browns fan needs another one...but at this point I just have to tip my cap to them. Regardless of what I or anyone may think or have said about the Patriots to this point, it's a job well done.

Late.

Sam 21 Jan 2008 05:43 PM

That's great, but how can a team who's caught cheating at the beginning of the season not have an asterisk next to their record?

CK 21 Jan 2008 06:38 PM

Sell out.

Alex 21 Jan 2008 07:38 PM

Good thread. You explained why the usual gripes aren't that big of a deal, and you gave those teams credit. That's a cool thing to do and I respect that. I'm not gonna hate on the Pats either. Say what you want about them, but it's obvious that they're one of the more dominant teams in the history of this league.

Exo 22 Jan 2008 10:49 AM

They are cheaters, and I still hate them. But here's my fucking dilema. Do I hate the patriots enough to want to see the giants beat them, or do I hate Sheli enough that I want to see the patriots beat them:dunno:

what the fuck am I going to do:whyme:

Sam 22 Jan 2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exo (Post 812073)
They are cheaters, and I still hate them. But here's my fucking dilema. Do I hate the patriots enough to want to see the giants beat them, or do I hate Sheli enough that I want to see the patriots beat them:dunno:

what the fuck am I going to do:whyme:

Did Sheli try to cheat to beat the New York Jets?

STICK 22 Jan 2008 05:37 PM

I hate the Patriots.
I hate the Giants.
19-0?
Division Rival Super Bowl Champions?

My pick? A nuclear bomb destroying the stadium and causing neither team to win:suspic:

Check the banner...Fuck Super Bowl XLII:ugh:

The Natural 23 Jan 2008 04:57 PM

The last few weeks these Giants fans around here are getting as obnoxious as the Yankee fans. I can't stand reading the local papers or listening to the 'FAN anymore. As much as I hate the Pats since the Tuck Rule game, I hope they blow the Giants out.

CK 23 Jan 2008 05:11 PM

I hope Brady, Moss, and Sheli all get cruched in a meteor shower

BOSTON 23 Jan 2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Glue (Post 812025)
Well...:suspic:...lately I'm kinda backing off the hatred of the Pats.

I mean, I'll always hate Belichek, but that's got nothing to do with the Pats at all. And sure, Brady seems kinda smug and smarmy, but it occurs to me that any other attitude he'd have would probably come off either as worse or disingenuous.

And the whole cheating thing...well that's kinda hard to get by, but for you've still got to go out and play the game. Besides that, with the amount of film coaches and assistants and flunkies and players watch before a game, it's not like they don't know at least 80% of a team's playbook going into a game.

Look at the 72 Dolphins. Their offense was: Running with Czonka, Mercury and sometimes Jim Kick; or the occasional pass to my man Paul Warfield. It's been said that every team knew what they were going to do, they just couldn't stop it.

So I'm backing off the hatred of both teams. I'd always felt that the 72 Dolphins were totally classless in taking their champagne bottles to the games of the last undefeated team and toasting their defeat, and there's definitely something to that. But those guys did what noone before them could, and thirty five years later only these Pats have come close.

So I've got to tip my cap to both teams. I won't forget the toasts following an undefeated team's loss and I certainly won't forget Spygate...if nothing else it gives me another reason to hate Belichek...not like a Browns fan needs another one...but at this point I just have to tip my cap to them. Regardless of what I or anyone may think or have said about the Patriots to this point, it's a job well done.

Late.

Quote:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Glue again.
Damn you PWF!!!

Jason 23 Jan 2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STICK (Post 812111)
I hate the Patriots.
I hate the Giants.
19-0?
Division Rival Super Bowl Champions?

My pick? A nuclear bomb destroying the stadium and causing neither team to win:suspic:

Check the banner...Fuck Super Bowl XLII:ugh:

I'm with STICK on this one.

I don't like either team but I'll still watch the game and I honestly don't care who wins it all.

what777 23 Jan 2008 08:58 PM

I'm going for the Pats for the simple fact I've never seen a team go unbeaten in my lifetime yet, and this may be the only chance I get to see it, so go 19-0.

GinoCan 23 Jan 2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by what777
I'm going for the Pats for the simple fact I've never seen a team go unbeaten in my lifetime yet, and this may be the only chance I get to see it, so go 19-0.

I'm going for the Giants for the simple fact I don't ever want to see a team go unbeaten...