ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Your team offseason moves...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jan 2008, 03:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.
Default Your team offseason moves...

I see a few threads about coaches change and a few offseason moves already...So I was going to post about how the Niners hire Martz...but I guess I'll just post all the Niners offseason moves here...You guys can post your team's moves also...

49ers hire Martz to take over offense

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

I believe I called this...and I think this is a great move by the Niners...which ranked 32nd on Offense last season...

This could might as well be another big offseason move by the Niners...and when the season actually starts and another bust...but we'll just wait and see...for now...I'm excited for this change...definitely tired of seeing Niners scoring 3 points or 7 points in a game...
Old 22 Jan 2008, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Chargers fired James Lofton, the WR coach. Which I'm fine with. We got some big recievers. This guy hasn't been able to do anything for years. I expect nothing less than a total Charger air attack next season and it wasn't going to happen with Lofton. See ya.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

We retained Garret and lost Sparano. I'm pleased we kept Garrett and look forward to him being head coach in the future, but I don't think he's quite ready yet.

As for player moves, we're probably gonna lose Jones, so we'll need another back to come in so we can maintain the one two punch. BAsed on the one game Barber started, he can't be an every down, 25 carry a game back. I'm not saying his lack of production in the second half versus the Giants is all his fault, but he definitely wasn't effective at all.

We also need to get better in the secondary. Our D-line and linebackers were awesome all season, but our secondary was way to erratic and it needs to be addressed.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 06:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post
We retained Garret and lost Sparano. I'm pleased we kept Garrett and look forward to him being head coach in the future, but I don't think he's quite ready yet.
Do you think this is going to be a problem in the locker room? Are there going to be guys who are for Garrett and guys who are for Wade? Do you see any problems with players respecting Wade at this point with Garrett being promoted to Co-Coach or whatever it is? Is Wade a lame duck this year? I'm just curious what you think. It seems to me, if Garrett is Jones boy, he should just go with him and stop all this nonsense.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 22 Jan 2008, 06:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Do you think this is going to be a problem in the locker room? Are there going to be guys who are for Garrett and guys who are for Wade? Do you see any problems with players respecting Wade at this point with Garrett being promoted to Co-Coach or whatever it is? Is Wade a lame duck this year? I'm just curious what you think. It seems to me, if Garrett is Jones boy, he should just go with him and stop all this nonsense.
I don't think it'll be a problem. Everyone seems to love Wade right now.

I think with another season of being the offensive coordinator, or assistant coach, or whatever he is will be nothing but beneficial. At times this season, especially down the stretch, he seemed to fall in love with the pass. It was something I liked about him, in that if the run wasn't working, he would throw it, but down the stretch, it seemed like he got away from the run too early. When that happened, it was hard for the o-line to provide adequate protection when they could just key on pass rushing.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

The Ratbirds wanted the Browns' O Coordinator...but Phil gave him a raise I'm pleased to say that Chud was the first to say..."What?? Coach the Ravens?? Uhhh...no thanks, dude."

Todd Grantham thought after signing an extension last year that he'd be the guy to replace Romeo Crennel if/when he got shitcanned. Grantham subsequently started acting like a beeitch and doing things to spite Romeo. Things got kind of hairy during the bye week when the local media suggested Romeo should start calling the defensive plays.

Well the Browns went 10-6 not because of the defense but despite it. So Grantham's the one that got shitcanned. Mel Tucker was promoted to replace him. Maybe he'll blitz more. Here's hoping.

Going forward, Derek Anderson needs to be signed to the maximum tender. If/when that happens, there's talk that Parcells will be happy to part with the 1st and 3rd necessary to sign him...not sure why, but even if he's not, it's a possibility when you look at the QB situations in MIN, CHI, KC, DET, and several other places.

Honestly, I'd like to keep him long term, but he could be the Browns' ticket back into the first round. If they have the ability to be in a position to draft Dorsey out of LSU, then they'll probably jump at it. Again...not very likely but we'll see. After all Matt Schaub netted the Falcons a 1st rounder, and he's not even better than Sage Freaking Rosenfels.

It'd be nice to sign Jamal Lewis, but not for too much. He's going to be 29 and I (as well as many other Browns fans) like RBs Jerome Harrison and Jason Wright, who backed him up this year. Jamal's going to want to get paid though...and while he's certainly earned that right...I don't know I want some almost 30 year old RB tying up millions under the Browns' cap for the next 4 years.

Bottom Line...The Browns need a DOMINANT D Lineman...I'd say they need to sign Albert Haynesworth, but even though he's a UFA, there's no way he's getting out of Tennessee alive. None.

But the Browns need a dominant D Lineman, and another speed receiver to take the pressure off Braylon, K2 and JJ would be nice. JJ's retiring after 2008 so finding a replacement for him is key, as well.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 04:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

First and foremost the Raiders need to lock up Nnamdi Asomugha to a long term deal. Fuck giving him the Woodson treatment and franchising him year after year. There are few true shutdown corners in the NFL and Aso is one of them. Give him a 6 year deal and the money he deserves. After taking care of that I would like to see Tommy Kelly, Justin Fargas, and Josh McCown all re-signed. I would like to see Jerry Porter re-signed but I think he needs a frsh start somewhere else. Trade LaMont Jordan for a a mid-round pick. As for free agency and the draft we need help at WR, OL, and DT. WR's in free agency I would like to see the Raiders target are Bernard Berrian, DJ Hackett, Andre Davis, Bryant Johnson, Ernest Wilford, and Devery Henderson. OL to target are Jake Scott, Jason Brown, Ryan Lilja, Flozell Adams, George Foster, Jordan Gross, Maurice Williams, and Max Starks. DT to target, Haynesworth, Corey Williams, Damione Lewis, and Jovan Hoye. As for the draft Glen Dorsey, Chris Long, Sedrick Ellis, Jake Long. or RunDMc would be a welcome addition to the Nation. I am hoping Bowman from OK State falls to us in RD 2.
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a RAIDER
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 04:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

^^^pretty much a new team?

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 05:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paCKers fan View Post
^^^pretty much a new team?
Have you seen the raiders play?

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 23 Jan 2008, 08:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

I don't have a thing to complain about as a Dolphins fan. For only winning a single game last season, I'm pretty damn happy about what's going on. Parcells is shaping this bitch up.
Old 23 Jan 2008, 11:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
Have you seen the raiders play?
Why would you want to?...
Old 24 Jan 2008, 12:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCan View Post
Why would you want to?...
Me, personaly, to see number 10 and 11 straight.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 25 Jan 2008, 04:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

heheh~!

Raiders fucking suck. Al Davis this morning asked Kiffin to resign and Kiffin told him where to go. From what I got told this morning... Davis was chasing Dennis fucking Green to replace him.

ROFLMAO~!

Anyways... Onto the Cowboys.

Im willing to move past JJ. I really honestly feel like he was and still is the best RB on the team sheet even if the offensive blocking scheme doesnt suit him. If you want a 20+ carry back in this league. He will do a good job for you. But he doesnt really fit in with the current offence. Thats a shame but you gots to move on.

Barber should be put back in his place... If we ever open up a game with him again. Im riding on my fucking horse over the Pacific Ocean and Im going to fucking SHOOT Garrett~!

Michael Turner is probably going to hit the free agent market this year and I think he would compliment Barber really well. Of course its a case of how much money are we willing to throw at him?

There's also news that Tatum Bell is going to be out as well... Dont really care for him. But if we are just signing a guy to come in and open both halves and maybe play sporadically for the rest of the game. He might not be bad. And he should come reasonably cheap.

My preference is signing a player off free agency for RB simply because they know what they are doing as opposed to rookie's who have to be taught from scratch.

Like Glue. Im hoping that we hit Marion with the Maximum Tender... He probably wont get a bite with the mid level. But you cant be too sure. And if someone does try and make that signing. It will be to a contract which we probably dont want to pay. If we get him to the max... We get Marion for another year and can work on a new deal coming into Training Camp. Or someone can be stupid and offer a first and a third and we might just take that... and Move up and draft McFadden...(and still have plenty of pieces to trade for Roy Williams in Detroit)...

"False Start, Offence... #76" is also coming off contract this year. When he isnt conceding dumb fucking penalties. He really is a classy Left Tackle. But given the way we are gearing our line...(towards the right hand side with Gurode, Davis and Colombo) I can sort of see why we would let him go... But he does give Romo a serious security blanket. I want to keep him. But I dont particularly want to have too much money invested into the offensive line.

Other then that on offence. We dont really need much. I would love to trade one of our first round picks for Roy Williams(who supposedly is being run out of Detroit)... Roy and TO with Glenn as the #3 option would just rape teams silly(and then I suppose we could really become that passing team Garrett wanted us to be this year)...

Defensively... HOOAH~!

WE MUST GET HAMLIN LOCKED DOWN! Imperative. I cannot underestimate the stability he brought to our coverage unit this year. We got too much money locked up in Roy Williams to ever think about trading him or benching him. Simple as that. And hopefully with the team starting fresh next year(Henry and Newman being fit from the start of the year)... Roy might find himself being used more often to pressure the QB in Wade Phillips ATTACK~!!~!!!111!!1 defence.

We absolutely have to draft a first round Corner. Jacques Reeves got raped silly all season long. He is simply not talented enough and given hes been inthe league four years now(i think) he never fucking will be. Looking at our draft positions. If we do indeed trade that #22 pick for Roy in Detroit... That gives us the #29 pick overall to play with and hopefully draft a CB. I think thats a nice spot to be in. Contract wont be inflated... And its still(hopefully) first round talent that you are drafting.

I would really like to draft a MLB who could push Bradie or Akin for a starting spot... I have heard that the coaches want to put Burnett in more often. But you can never have enough tacklers(and hopefully whoever we draft to push for the starting MLB spot is a Special Teams superhero... WE NEED IT~!)

With the final meaningful pick(3rd round)... Im hoping that we sign a NT/DE hybrid type player who can be as effective at rushing as he is at stopping the run.(yeah Im gonna find that in the third round)...

There we go. Thats where I think Dallas is at~!

oh yeah and we just signed Grantham to be D coordinator. GLUE????????

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2008, 10:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

The Panthers need to get a real backup QB, get a young DE mabey in the draft, and address the secondary problems
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2008, 06:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Picked up a few new coaches Mike Zimmer and Jeff FitzGerald..

Zimmer has me hopeful......and Fitz has gotta be an improvement.....

Both Pollack and Thurman look to return to active duty in the 08 season

Would be awesome if we could nab Laurinaitis...maybe trade for another high pick and grab a DT...

CK is offline   Reply With Quote