ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Philp Rivers vs Jay Cutler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Dec 2007, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.
Default Philp Rivers vs Jay Cutler

Quote:
Rivers downplays yapping at Cutler; Broncos not happy with smack talk

By BERNIE WILSON, AP Sports Writer
December 27, 2007

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- It's on YouTube now, so it must have happened, right?

Well, San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers tried to downplay his animated exchange with Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler on Monday night, which was caught by ESPN's cameras.

Rivers can be seen jawing from the sideline toward Cutler, who had just thrown an incomplete pass on fourth down midway through the fourth quarter of the Chargers' 23-3 victory. Chargers linebacker Matt Wilhelm can be seen mockingly waving toward Cutler.

Asked what he was saying to Cutler, Rivers said, "Nothing. There was really nothing said to him, to be honest with you."

The AFC West champion Chargers (10-5) returned to work Wednesday for the first time since winning their fifth straight game and for the ninth time in 11 games.

"I ain't really thought nothing more of it," Rivers said.

The QB said the trash talk Monday night was "no different than any other game I've ever played in since I was 10 years old. There was nothing unusual going on in that game. Just like anything that gets on the TV, it can be taken any way you want it to.

"There's no animosity from me towards him, whatsoever. I don't know if that's the same on his end," Rivers said.

It certainly wasn't in the Broncos' locker room.

Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey said there's no excuse for what Rivers did.

"And I don't really care for the guy, first of all," Bailey said in a story posted on The Rocky Mountain News' Web site. "He's not a respectable guy right now, because you talk too much trash and do this and that, but you're really not a great player in this league right now.

"You're surrounded by great players, but you're not a great player. I think he needs to understand where he stands in this league -- where he stands on his team first and foremost."

Cutler was more reserved when he met with reporters Wednesday.

"We've talked about it. I'm not going to get into it," Cutler said. "It was an unfortunate situation. They talked a lot and the talk got heated between the two teams. Personally I don't think the teams like each other, which is fine. It's just going to add to it next year. It's going to be exciting."

The Chargers swept Denver for the second straight year, holding the Broncos to just a field goal in each game. San Diego won 41-3 at Denver on Oct. 7.

Minnesota Vikings safety Darren Sharper, who's preparing to face the Broncos on Sunday, chimed in on Rivers. Sharper said it was "surprising" to see Rivers and Cutler getting after it.

Asked if those kind of exchanges happen often, Sharper said, "No it doesn't, but Rivers is that kind of guy. He likes to run his mouth. He's going to learn he is going to have to stop doing that, too."

Sharper said Rivers mouthed off during the Chargers' 35-17 loss at Minnesota on Nov. 4, when Vikings rookie Adrian Peterson shredded San Diego's defense for an NFL-record 296 yards.

"He just runs his mouth a little bit," Sharper said.

Chargers coach Norv Turner said he discussed the matter with Rivers.

"I talked to him and he understands where I'm coming from," Turner said.
He's a first a NFL feud that doesn't involve New England.

Jay Cutler is a waste of money the Broncos should of held onto Jake Plummer.

***Edit: yes I know I spelled Philip wrong****
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2007, 12:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Old 28 Dec 2007, 06:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

The Broncos are just pissy cause we swept them 2 years in a row and handed them a beat down in their own field that emptied the stadium. But the real issue is the dirty assed shanarat filthy doncos.

Those pieces of trash took a shot at Igor last year that will never be forgotten. On a spike, that asshole Nalen took a dive right at Igor's knees. I don't really give a fuck what they're crying about Rivers for saying anything. They got the players that are out trying to take other people out of the game. And anyone who's had to play against that filthy assed cut blocking offense knows exactly what I'm talking about.

And maybe the doncos should go watch the tape of that asshole Lynch ripping LT's helmet off after he was on the ground.

Maybe Jay should try to score a touchdown next season on us instead of crying. Chump should figure out why their overratted secondary can't stop Rivers and co. in the first place. Every position on our team is filled with more talent than the doncs. Sorry chump, but it's true. And Cro owns your ass any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

But it's cool, because I like watching them cry

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2007, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

I don't see why there's a problem.

Look at the scoreboard. If someone on the Broncos doesn't like what Rivers is saying, they should try to shut him up.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2007, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I love when Exo rants on the Doncos. Good comedy there
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2007, 07:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Champ came out and said that Phillip shouldn't talk smack because he isn't a "great player."..Since when has Champ or his team been great?