ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Tuna to Dolphins

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Dec 2007, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default Tuna to Dolphins

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Quote:
Parcells named Dolphins' Executive VP of Football Operations
NFL.com
Two-time Super Bowl-winning head coach Bill Parcells is returning to the NFL, but this time he won't be roaming the sidelines. Parcells signed a four-year contract on Thursday to become the Executive Vice President of Football Operations for the Miami Dolphins.

Parcells will oversee the club's football operations and report directly to owner Wayne Huizenga. The move becomes official one day after Parcells turned down essentially the same role with the Atlanta Falcons.

"Bill's accomplishments put him among the most successful head coaches in NFL history, and this position was created to take advantage of his unique background and expertise," Huizenga said in a statement. "We all know the respect that he has around the NFL. He has a proven track record of success everywhere he has been in the National Football League, and his football acumen will help put the Miami Dolphins franchise back among the elite of the NFL."

On Wednesday, the expectation around the league was that Parcells would take over in Atlanta, with even some reports saying the deal was done. By the afternoon, however, the deal fell apart and the Dolphins moved quickly to get Parcells to sign a contract.

"I'm honored to join such an illustrious franchise as the Miami Dolphins and to work for one of the best owners in the league in Wayne Huizenga," Parcells said. "He shares my same commitment to winning and I told him I would do everything I can to help turn around the team's fortunes.

"I respect what the Dolphins name means - the legacy of the Perfect Season, and people like Coach Shula, Dan Marino and so many others who have made the team one of the most successful franchises in the NFL. I'm looking forward to helping restore that winning tradition."

The team made the announcement shortly after the locker room was closed for the day, and roughly 45 minutes after Dolphins coach Cam Cameron sidestepped at least a half-dozen questions about Parcells -- even refusing to say if he's ever met the coach.

"There will potentially be a time to have that discussion," said Cameron, who along with GM Randy Mueller will report to Parcells. "Today, I don't see it as being that day or this time."

Parcells resigned in January after four years as the Dallas head coach. During a 19-year career that also included coaching the New York Giants, New England Patriots and New York Jets, Parcells made it to three Super Bowls, winning twice with the Giants.

Known best for a gruff demeanor and colorful quotes, Parcells left coaching with the ninth-most wins in NFL history and a career record of 183-138-1. He was 34-32 in Dallas, including 0-2 in the postseason.
huh, at least they're trying to do something. Could turn them around the way Butler did in SD.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2007, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I'd be willing to bet that the Dolphins will trade their number one pick away to have several picks int he first round and second round.

Parcells definitely knows how to build teams. He built this Cowboys team, with the exception of Owens, who he most likely didn't even want to bring in (that was Jerry Jones move).
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2007, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

I figure after what he did for Dallas... He has to help that Dolphins team. Question is who is he going to get to coach the team.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2007, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Dolphins...Hmmm Mike Singleton is still available I think...oh and that coach from the San Diego Chargers last year that brought them to 14-2...yeah that guy is pretty good also...
Old 20 Dec 2007, 06:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Should demote Cameron and bring in Shottenhiemer.

Parcells will do good things in Miami.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 07:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Should demote Cameron and bring in Shottenhiemer.

Parcells will do good things in Miami.
I doubt Miami jumps in for Schottenhiemer... Too many chefs in the kitchen.

I think Schott lands in Atlanta if anywhere...

From a mate... He reckons Parcells with go after Maurice Carthon...

All I know is that the Dolphins have just become a major story for this offseason.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote