ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Atlanta sucks...hello Arkansas...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Dec 2007, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Atlanta sucks...hello Arkansas...

Quote:
Bobby Petrino resigns as Atlanta Falcons coach after 13 games, heads to Arkansas
By PAUL NEWBERRY,
AP Sports Writer
December 11, 2007

ATLANTA (AP) -- Bobby Petrino thought he was getting one of the best coaching jobs in the NFL. Without Michael Vick, it wasn't worth keeping for even one full season.

Just 13 games into a miserable debut as Atlanta Falcons coach, Petrino stunningly announced his resignation Tuesday, to return to the college ranks at Arkansas, according to a person familiar with Petrino's decision.

The person was speaking on condition of anonymity because the school had not made an official announcement.

Petrino left Louisville for Atlanta in January, agreeing to a five-year, $24 million contract handed out by a team that felt he could help Vick reach his full potential.

"I believe this is truly the best football job in the NFL," Petrino said at his introductory news conference. "It was an easy decision for me."

Of course, he had no idea what Vick was doing in his spare time.

A few months later, the star quarterback came under investigation for a grisly dogfighting operation that led him to plead guilty to federal charges. He was sentenced Monday to 23 months in prison without ever taking a snap for Petrino, who left with a 3-10 record.

Arkansas has been looking for a coach for two weeks to replace Houston Nutt, who resigned after a tumultuous season and took the head coaching job at Mississippi.

Arkansas had no immediate comment, but called a late-night news conference for a "major announcement."

The Falcons declined further response beyond a terse, two-paragraph statement released Tuesday night. Owner Arthur Blank and general manager Rich McKay were scheduled to hold a news conference Wednesday.

There was no immediate word on who would take over for the team's final three games, though defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer and offensive coordinator Hue Jackson would be the most logical candidates.

Petrino did not answer calls placed to his cell phone and his Atlanta-area home. His brother, Falcons receivers coach Paul Petrino, declined comment when reached on his cell phone.

"I don't think I can say anything about it right now," he said. "I'm sorry."

Just two weeks ago, Bobby Petrino said he had no interest in any of the high-profile college jobs that had opened up, and he apparently told Blank in recent days that he would be staying with the Falcons.

"I haven't given it one bit of thought," Petrino said Nov. 26. "I certainly don't want to get into any speculation and rumors and having to deal with that. I'm focused on our football team here."
Goddamn.

Nick Saban's got nothing on this guy.

Say 'hi' to Stephie for me, Robert. Tell her the Sports Forum sorely misses her.

Discuss.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 01:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Yeah there are a lot of Pinocchios in the world of sports...

But hey can you blame him?...He came to ATL thinking Mike Vick will be there...but now look at what he got...Joey Harrington or Leftwich at the starter...yeah I don't blame him one bit...
Old 12 Dec 2007, 07:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Talk about kicking a team when they're down. Harsh. I should be proud, but really, that's some cold shit right there.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 09:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Damn. Didn't even finish the season. He handled the whole Vick situation very well, in my opinion. He just didn't turn out to be a good NFL coach. He's a great coach and I'm scared now that he's in my conference.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 11:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

I kinda don't blame him. It's a cheap move to be sure, but come on. The Feds come down like a ton of bricks on Vick. He's got Joey fucking Harrington and Broken fucking Sandwich QBing his team. DeAngelo Hall, one of the preeminent young superstars in this league wants to kick his fucking ass.

"I didn't sign up for this shit."

I kinda don't blame him.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote