ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Rolle accuses official of calling him a boy...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Dec 2007, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default Rolle accuses official of calling him a boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN.com
BALTIMORE -- The NFL is looking into an accusation made by Baltimore Ravens cornerback Samari Rolle that an official called him a "boy" during Monday night's 27-24 loss to New England.

"The refs called me a boy. No. 110 called me a boy," Rolle said in the locker room after the game. "I will be calling my agent in the morning and sending my complaint. I have a wife and three kids. Don't call me a boy. Don't call me a boy on the field during a game because I said, 'You've never played football before.' "

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Tuesday the league is looking in to the situation.

No. 110 is head linesman Phil McKinnely, a former player for three NFL teams during the 1970s and '80s. McKinnely, who played collegiately at UCLA, is black, as is Rolle.

The Ravens were demonstrative after the game about the officiating, especially on the final drive that led to Tom Brady's pass to Jabar Gaffney for the winning touchdown with 44 seconds left. After the touchdown, set up by a fourth-down defensive holding call on Jamaine Winborne, linebacker Bart Scott was penalized 15 yards for complaining and another 15 yards for throwing the official's flag.

"In a game of this magnitude, you don't make that kind of call," Rolle said. "Let the players decide the outcome of the game. You can crown them champions now. I'm not taking anything away from them. They are a great team. They're not asking the refs to help them, but it's just an empty feeling."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3141124

What the fuck? Could someone please explain to me why this would be a big deal at all? Is calling an adult 'boy' some kind of slur? I don't get it. Who would freak out over this?

I do think that the refs basically handed the game to New England with the penalties and that last Patriots touchdown definitely not being a touchdown. Seriously though... what the fuck?
Old 05 Dec 2007, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Refs are supposed to be impartial. They shouldn't be trash talking, ever

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2007, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3141124

What the fuck? Could someone please explain to me why this would be a big deal at all? Is calling an adult 'boy' some kind of slur? I don't get it. Who would freak out over this?

I do think that the refs basically handed the game to New England with the penalties and that last Patriots touchdown definitely not being a touchdown. Seriously though... what the fuck?
It was a racial slur but if a black guy is calling a black guy it I don't see the big difference, Its like when they say nigga to each other.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2007, 03:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
As much as I hate to say this...but the Patriots earned that game...or in another word the fucking Ravens fucked it away...The game could have and should have been over when they stuffed them at 4th&1 with 1:49 seconds on the clock...but instead their dumbass D-coach called a time out that basically gave Patriots new lifeline and more time to get that 1st down...It was 1st and goal after that...and basically they have 4 shots to get into the end zone...and they did...so you can't say the refs handed the game to Patriots or whatever...After the TD the Ravens could have and should have enough time to go the field and kick a tying field-goal...but instead they put themselves in a big ass hole...and fucked it up once again...The penalties were right...personal fouls are personal fouls...you can't just fucking picked up the refs flag and throw it in the stand......Okay I feel stupid for depending the Patriots...but could people please stop saying they don't deserve their win...they hung in their and got that W...while the Ravens fucked it away...simple as that...
Old 05 Dec 2007, 03:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sam

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
Refs are supposed to be impartial. They shouldn't be trash talking, ever
So calling someone "boy" is trash talking? Since when? He's a football player who's acting like a bitch. If someone complains that much about being called a boy, then they deserve to be called a boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCan
As much as I hate to say this...but the Patriots earned that game...or in another word the fucking Ravens fucked it away...The game could have and should have been over when they stuffed them at 4th&1 with 1:49 seconds on the clock...but instead their dumbass D-coach called a time out that basically gave Patriots new lifeline and more time to get that 1st down...It was 1st and goal after that...and basically they have 4 shots to get into the end zone...and they did...so you can't say the refs handed the game to Patriots or whatever...After the TD the Ravens could have and should have enough time to go the field and kick a tying field-goal...but instead they put themselves in a big ass hole...and fucked it up once again...The penalties were right...personal fouls are personal fouls...you can't just fucking picked up the refs flag and throw it in the stand......Okay I feel stupid for depending the Patriots...but could people please stop saying they don't deserve their win...they hung in their and got that W...while the Ravens fucked it away...simple as that...
The last touchdown was not a touchdown. Jabar Gaffney did not have control of the ball before he went out of bounds. Look at the replay and try to argue that he did, because he didn't.
Old 05 Dec 2007, 03:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
So calling someone "boy" is trash talking? Since when? He's a football player who's acting like a bitch. If someone complains that much about being called a boy, then they deserve to be called a boy.
Anything a ref says or does to a player can be taken in a hundred different contexts. If a ref can't keep his mouth shut and just call the game, then maybe he shouldn't be out there. Maybe you don't understand that, boy.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 05 Dec 2007, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam

The last touchdown was not a touchdown. Jabar Gaffney did not have control of the ball before he went out of bounds. Look at the replay and try to argue that he did, because he didn't.

Exactly since when is holding the ball against your shoulder with your forearm possession?

The War
Old 05 Dec 2007, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari Rolle
"In a game of this magnitude, you don't make that kind of call."
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!~!

Seriously, that's fucking hilarious. In a game of this magnitude...

MEMO TO SAMARI ROLLE:

Welcome to 2007. The Baltimore Ravens are one of the crappiest teams in the league. Everyone's run all over you. You're done. If there's any "magnitude" in that game, it's that you're just another notch in Brady's belt as the Pats look for 16-0. You don't matter. You are not playing for anything other than pride and the paycheck. Check yourself loser...let me know how the basement of the AFC North is treating you, chump.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2007, 09:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
Anything a ref says or does to a player can be taken in a hundred different contexts. If a ref can't keep his mouth shut and just call the game, then maybe he shouldn't be out there. Maybe you don't understand that, boy.
I agree that the refs should keep their mouths shut, but the guy's freaking out because someone called him "boy". I've never heard anyone get offended by someone calling them boy. The way he's acting is ridiculous. Had they won the game this wouldn't have been such a big deal. The way I see it, he's just looking for something to bitch about because he's a sore loser and he's pissed that his coaches basically fucked up the game for his team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Fox_
Exactly since when is holding the ball against your shoulder with your forearm possession?
It's not. The call was ridiculous. He did get control of the ball, but not until he had stepped out of bounds. He was fucking juggling the ball like a mad man before he crossed line. Jabar Gaffney's the only New England player I like because he went to UF... but seriously... what a bullshit call.

Anyone know where to find a replay?
Old 05 Dec 2007, 11:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

It was a catch...and it was a TD...I watched it multiple times...and each time it showed that it was a catch...even if they reviewed that...there was no exclusive evidence to overturn that...and even if that wasn't a catch...guess what...they called for personal foul anyway...that would have give them 1st and goal at the 2 yard line...believe me...Ravens fucked up when they stuffed them at 4th&1 but voided because of the timeout...if anyone wants to bitch out that game...that should be the play they'd bitch about...and not the TD catch...because it was a catch clearly...
Old 06 Dec 2007, 08:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCan
It was a catch...and it was a TD...I watched it multiple times...and each time it showed that it was a catch...even if they reviewed that...there was no exclusive evidence to overturn that...and even if that wasn't a catch...guess what...they called for personal foul anyway...that would have give them 1st and goal at the 2 yard line...believe me...Ravens fucked up when they stuffed them at 4th&1 but voided because of the timeout...if anyone wants to bitch out that game...that should be the play they'd bitch about...and not the TD catch...because it was a catch clearly...
You cant fucking says two wrongs will make a right... You cant just assume that the Patriots would have put it in when that TD is ruled INCOMPLETE. They had already been put in 4th down situations three fucken times on that single drive...

That was NOT a TD catch. Gaffney was juggling as he went OOB. Bullshit call.

As for the "boy" comments...

Quote:
Houseboy, or often "boy" for short, became a common term for domestic staff, notably non-European natives in the Asian and African colonies, adopted as such in other languages, e.g. in Dutch and French (also in the Belgian colonies).
Im pretty sure thats how Rolle is seeing the comments... But its borderline at best. If I dont know Rolle's name. Im gonna call him dude or some shit like that... I suppose I can sort of see why a ref would...

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2007, 12:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
I agree that the refs should keep their mouths shut, but the guy's freaking out because someone called him "boy". I've never heard anyone get offended by someone calling them boy. The way he's acting is ridiculous. Had they won the game this wouldn't have been such a big deal. The way I see it, he's just looking for something to bitch about because he's a sore loser and he's pissed that his coaches basically fucked up the game for his team.

It's not. The call was ridiculous. He did get control of the ball, but not until he had stepped out of bounds. He was fucking juggling the ball like a mad man before he crossed line. Jabar Gaffney's the only New England player I like because he went to UF... but seriously... what a bullshit call.

Anyone know where to find a replay?
If you don't think it's a big deal, why the fuck are you complaining about the refs TD call I'm sure if the ref's called one of your precious florida thugs boy you'd be crying left and right about refs saying anything to the players, boy.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 06 Dec 2007, 01:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Together We Can!

Why the ref would, he has a giant name on the back of his Jersey that says Rolle, or he could call him by the number like every other ref.

The War
Old 06 Dec 2007, 02:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
If you don't think it's a big deal, why the fuck are you complaining about the refs TD call I'm sure if the ref's called one of your precious florida thugs boy you'd be crying left and right about refs saying anything to the players, boy.
The ref calling Rolle a boy is not a big deal. That last catch being called a TD is a big deal. It wasn't a catch. If a ref said that to a Florida player, I doubt they'd act like little girls about it.

But I'm glad to see you're so mature.
Old 06 Dec 2007, 03:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
The ref calling Rolle a boy is not a big deal. That last catch being called a TD is a big deal. It wasn't a catch. If a ref said that to a Florida player, I doubt they'd act like little girls about it.

But I'm glad to see you're so mature.
No, they'd prolly just shoot him. You felt compelled to create a thread and then proceed to cry in it about a ref call, at the same time you cry about somebody else being pissed off at a ref. Boy, go find something better to do with your time, like counting Tebows heisman votes or some shit like that.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!