ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Chargers acquire WR Chris Chambers from Dolphins

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Oct 2007, 11:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Chargers acquire WR Chris Chambers from Dolphins

Quote:
WR Chambers headed to Chargers in trade with winless Dolphins
By BERNIE WILSON,
AP Sports Writer
October 16, 2007

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- The next time Chris Chambers steps into a huddle, his teammates will include LaDainian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates and Philip Rivers.

"Oh man, it's a pleasure," Chambers said after he was traded from the winless Miami Dolphins to the defending AFC West champion San Diego Chargers just before Tuesday's deadline. "It's going to be very interesting. I can't wait to get out there and help this team win and continue to be successful."

Chambers is expected to join the Chargers at practice on Wednesday. The Chargers, 3-3 and tied for the division lead with Kansas City, have their bye this Sunday.

San Diego gave up a 2008 second-round draft pick for Chambers, who will give Rivers a veteran wide receiver to work with and help take the pressure off All-Pros Tomlinson and Gates.

Not long after Chargers general manager A.J. Smith made the deal with Miami, he put No. 1 wideout Eric Parker on the injured reserve list with a broken right big toe. Parker has been out since June, and will miss the rest of the season.

"It was a late development," Smith said. "One receiver down, one receiver in. We had an opportunity to add a quality, experienced, productive guy and felt we couldn't pass it up. We like him a lot. We've held him in high regard throughout his career."

Chambers has 31 receptions for 415 yards and no touchdowns this season. He was a second-round choice by Miami in 2001 -- the same year Tomlinson was the No. 5 overall pick by the Bolts. He enjoyed his best season in 2005, when he made 82 catches for 1,118 yards and 11 scores, and was voted to the Pro Bowl.

Reunited with Chargers coach Norv Turner, who was Miami's offensive coordinator in 2002-03, Chambers will bolster an otherwise young and undistinguished wide receiving corps. Signed through 2009, the durable Chambers has missed only two games in his career.

"He's a guy who's going to come in right away and he's going to be able to help us," Turner said.

The Chargers hope the acquisition of Chambers means an end to teams stacking eight men in the box against Tomlinson or double-teaming Gates, the tight end -- although Tomlinson made the Raiders pay on Sunday by rushing for 198 yards and scoring four touchdowns in a 28-14 win.

Tomlinson, frustrated earlier this season when the offense struggled during a stunning three-game losing streak, smiled when he spoke about Chambers.

"Very happy about it," the reigning NFL MVP said. "I think we all know what type of player Chris is. He's going to take the pressure off a lot of us on this offense. Obviously, the receiving group, meaning Gates, Vincent, he's going to take a lot of pressure off them guys, even Philip, having another target to throw to.

"As far as the running game, he's going to help us out in that, too. Teams are going to have to really now choose, if you want to want to play eight men in the box and leave them guys one-on-one. In the famous words of T.O., get your popcorn ready."
Wow. Good move for San Diego. Not really sure what Miami's doing. Cam Cameron just said in his post loss conference this past Sunday......that they need to right the ship and immediately. Not really sure how trading away their best reciever helps them accomplish that, but okay.

Finally San Diego has a Wide Receiver that someone outside of Southern California can name. Good move for Diego.

Discuss.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2007, 12:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

This wasn't a Cam move...this was all Randy Mueller...and I for one totally support it.

-Mueller was the one that sold Huizenga on the idea that a playoff run was very possible with a little "retooling."

-Mueller was the one that used the "retooling" excuse to sign Joey Porter, a move that Huizenga has hated since the day after the fight with Jones in Vegas.

-Mueller is the one who is paid millions of dollars to evaluate this team. He was correct about the offense, that it would be a work in progress and that it would get better once the season went on. He was terribly incorrect about how the defense would turn out. His idea was that by adding Porter that it would maximize Jason Taylor's play and really cause havoc in the backfield which would carry the offense for atleast the first half of the season.

Mueller's moves didn't work out, his "retooling" idea was a bad one, and right now he's on the hot seat. I'm sure now that the video is out Huizenga is even more pissed about Porter...if he don't raise his level of play very soon I could see Porter possibly getting cut before season's end...with Mueller following him once the season is over.

Now part of the defense's problem is Dom Capers and his fucking bland ass play calling and blitzes that almost never happen. He's supposed to be a 3-4 guru but he's been mostly running a 4-3 and he's often been using Porter as a fucking DE. Dom is an idiot and needs to go.

If Mueller is tossed I fully expect Don Shula's good friend and Cam Cameron's mentor, Marty Schottenheimer, to become the next GM of the Miami Dolphins. I wouldn't be mad about that honestly...but if it doesn't happen I wont necessarily be disappointed either. I like Mueller...I think he's made some good moves...although not seeing the possibility of this defensive decline in training camp/preseason scares me a little.

Bah...anyways...back on track...why this makes sense and why I like it.

Miami picked Chambers up originally for a 2nd round pick back in 2001, we receive a 2nd round pick for him in 2008. This is even after he had a major down season and an offseason where Randy Moss was picked up for a fucking 4th round pick.

Chris Chambers is no Randy Moss.

So yeah...I'd say that's a hell of a deal. Yeah, it sucks to lose the best receiver on our team at the moment...but I can't say that I'll really miss watching his inconsistent ass drop easy passes on 3rd and 6. We have a younger, faster version of Chris Chambers in Ted Ginn who has actually looked pretty good when he's got some time on the field. Its taking some time but he's coming around.

Now don't get me wrong Bolt fan...Chris is a great guy...you wont get any stupid thug BS from him...great team guy...he'll make some of the most absolutely amazing catches you'll ever see...but he'll drop some of the most routine passes when it counts the most.

I hope that Chris is revitalized by this trade honestly...I hope he works his ass off and he helps lead the Charges to the Super Bowl crushing the flithy fucking Cheatriots in a classic AFC Championship Game along the way. You go Chris...play with that fire again...make me believe.

In the meanwhile...in shitty "winless" Miami as the fucking national media loves to point out......we'll gladly take our extra 2nd round pick to help in the rebuilding process. The last time we traded a WR for a 2nd round pick that pick turned into a Center that will be an anchor on this line for years to come. The fact we're going young at WR is making me think that the rumors are true and that Beck will be starting after the bye. Muellier is on the hot seat...he needs to show that his picks in this past draft are going to work out and that his evaluations were right...or he's probably gone.

The youth movement is in progress in Miami...and I am all for it. Its been far to long...we're finally rebuilding the right way. We will be great again.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2007, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Good move by the Chargers.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Poor Dolphins......that are now about to go 0-7.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2007, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady Moss
Poor Dolphins......that are now about to go 0-7.
Because if they still had Chris Chambers... They might have been able to compete with the Patriots...

Its obviously a good move for San D in the short term though I dont really know how much it effects there abilities on OFFENCE... Gates, LT and Jackson are decent enough. Whats getting another WR in going to do?(even if I think that WR could flourish in that situation)...

Miami were already 0-6... There season was shot. Better to cash in on extra picks in the draft and restock that aging DEFENCE who couldnt stop a RB with a brick wall at the moment. I would have demanded another pick later in the draft... Just based on San D obviously "needing" a WR(they must have to trade a second rounder for someone who has never truly peaked yet)...

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2007, 05:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

It should help out the same way it helped us when we picked up Keenan a couple seasons back. It's just having a real wr threat that's going to force the saftey back a bit to create more room for Gates (who's already having an amazing season) and to let LT run a bit more effectivley. I don't really expect Chambers to have a huge contribution in the actual passing game, but you never know. A couple years ago he came down to SD and pretty much single handedly destroyed us. I dunno. Better than doing nothing I suppose.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2007, 08:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Damn...how fucking stoned was I when I typed all that out?

Anyways...yeah...still a good move for both teams. Chambers can be put in a situation where he can truely florish if he wants to and Miami can begin stock piling draft picks and move on with rebuilding.

As far as not also getting a later pick in the draft as well I am not concerned about that. Getting a 2nd round pick in 2008 for a guy we spent a 2nd round pick on back in 2001 I'd say is a pretty sweet deal for us...no need to push it.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 10:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Considering that the Pats gave up a 4th rounder for Randy Moss...this is a good deal for the Fins...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2007, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Red Demon Ranger

dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...

could the dolphins make history now by going 0-16

dariydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2007, 04:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariydude
could the dolphins make history now by going 0-16
No because they still have Ronnie Brown...he is a really good football player...and they still have 2 games against the Bills and 2 against the Jets...those should be winnable game...

BTW Chambers is a really good WR...could help out a lot for the Chargers...and not bad of a trade for the Fins since they are looking to be young and looking like they are on their way...

Last edited by GinoCan; 18 Oct 2007 at 04:58 PM.
GinoCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2007, 10:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

Only 1 game left against the Jets...but it is a home game.

I highly doubt Miami goes 0-16. This team isn't as bad as Oakland was a year ago, as a team they are still very tightly knit from what I understand.

Honestly Miami's offense is steadily becoming a very effective unit...if it wasn't for Dom Capers and his terrible defensive play calling this team would've won atleast a couple by now.

Also...Miami has more then Ronnie Brown...he's just so far the best we have. Ted Ginn is starting to look pretty sharp...as is Derek Hagan. Regan Mauia, 6th round pick from this year, has been a beast and will be great once he gets comfortable running the ball in short yardage situations. When John Beck gets his chance I think he'll be a very good QB for this team...he looked great in preseason and was the reason we won the first 2 preseason games.

So yeah...the future in Miami is far from bleak.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 07:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Chambers has had like one good season ever. But he is an upgrade over what the Chargers currently had.