ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Colorado Rockies your 2007 National League Champions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Oct 2007, 01:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.
Default Colorado Rockies your 2007 National League Champions

Quote:
Rox the World: Colorado in Fall Classic
Twenty-first win in 22 games solidifies sweep of NLCS
By Thomas Harding / MLB.com

DENVER -- They estimated that Matt Holliday's fourth-inning home run to center field traveled an impressive 452 feet. But the Rockies' trip from tied for last place in the National League West last year to the 2007 World Series is beyond measure.
Holliday's homer capped a six-run sixth inning as the Rockies beat the Diamondbacks, 6-4, on Monday night, completing a four-game sweep in the NL Championship Series for their first trip to the Fall Classic.

After a 1-for-13 postseason slump, Holliday homered in both NLCS games at Coors Field after homering twice in the three-game NLDS sweep of the Phillies. Monday's shot off Diamondbacks starter Micah Owings started a massive celebration from the sellout crowd of 50.213.

The Rockies punched their ticket by winning a barely fathomable 21 of their last 22 games. Now they'll wait a record eight days before facing either the Indians or the Red Sox to open the World Series, with the first two games of the best-of-seven series in the American League city before the next three are played at Coors Field.

Colorado was 4 1/2 games out of a playoff spot when it began an 11-game win streak on Sept. 16. Since a late regular-season loss on Sept. 28 to the D-backs, who won the NL West, the Rockies have won another 10 straight -- including a Wild Card tiebreaker over the Padres to make the playoffs and seven straight in the postseason. Those streaks have come from a team that previously had never won more than nine in a row in its 15-year history.

Colorado's run to start the postseason matches the 1976 Reds, who won all seven playoff games en route to the world title.

The Rockies and Diamondbacks finished 2006 tied at the bottom of the NL West, but the D-backs took the division by a half-game over the Rox this year. Now the Rockies are the sixth team to go from worst one year to the Series the next, and they make it six straight years a Wild Card has played for it all.

The big fourth inning had a familiar ring.

Rockies starter Franklin Morales weaved through four innings, yielding a run on Conor Jackson's two-out single in the third. With two on and runners at second and third -- Brad Hawpe and Troy Tulowitzki drew walks from Owings -- in the bottom of the fourth, manager Clint Hurdle removed Morales for pinch-hitter Seth Smith.

Early in Game 2 of the NL Division Series against the Phillies, Hurdle went with Smith, who dribbled an infield single to load the bases for Kazuo Matsui's grand slam. This time, Smith looped a two-run double into short left field.

Home | News | Multimedia | PhotosWilly Taveras reached on a Jackson error at first base and Matsui added an RBI single to set up Holliday, who crushed Owings' 83-mph slider with the count 1-1.

The crowd's eruption morphed into an "MVP" chant for Holliday, who had a dominant regular season during which he led the NL in batting average at .340 and RBIs with 137. But the night was too big for one player, so "Go" from one side of the stadium and "Rockies" from the other side rang into the night.

But the celebration was delayed by some nailbiting, when the Diamondbacks surged in the eighth inning. Corpas came on in the eighth to strike out pinch-hitter Tony Clark, who represented the potential tying run, and pitched the ninth for his fifth postseason save.

Matt Herges, who in a sense embodies the Rockies' rise, pitched two perfect innings with two strikeouts for the win.

Herges struggled with the Marlins last season and hit the job market last offseason, only to be told by one team that he was "finished" and to be turned down by 29 teams. The Rockies signed him to a Minor League deal, stuck with him when he struggled during his first callup from Triple-A Colorado Springs, then watched him become a key reliever down the stretch.

Fittingly, Herges did some of the key driving on the team's trip from oblivion to the World Series.
Now the Tampa Bay Devils Ray are the only 90's expansion team to not make an appearance in the World Series.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2007, 11:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

If Cleveland wins the ALCS, nobody's going to care about this year's world series.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
If Cleveland wins the ALCS, nobody's going to care about this year's world series.
Colorado and Cleveland might disagree with you

I also disagree because the Rockies got me into the playoffs this year. I love a great underdog story. I'm pullin' for them all the way. Their fans have been great from the games I've seen. They were on their feet through a chilly rainy night in game three, and were going crazy last night for game four.

If I'm not working, I'll try to watch as much of the World Series as possible, simply because of the Rockies
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2007, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

People in the midwest and SW would probably still watch hopefully the Red Sox can comeback and tie up the series 2-2 tonight and bring the ALCS back to Fenway.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2007, 07:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
Colorado and Cleveland might disagree with you

I also disagree because the Rockies got me into the playoffs this year. I love a great underdog story. I'm pullin' for them all the way. Their fans have been great from the games I've seen. They were on their feet through a chilly rainy night in game three, and were going crazy last night for game four.

If I'm not working, I'll try to watch as much of the World Series as possible, simply because of the Rockies
Well if you put it that way there will ALWAYS be someone who cares. I'm just sayign that if it was something like Cubs-Red Sox, the raitings would probably end up being a LOT higher. It's kind of like the NBA Finals. Low raitings because not a whole lot of people wanted to see San Antionio - Cleveland.