ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Sporting Superstitions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Oct 2007, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Sporting Superstitions...

We all know that in sports there's a certain amount of superstition going around. With me, it was more a "stick with the routine" type thing but anyone who's played or watched sports probably knows that there are guys out there who take it to the edge...and some who go further...

I thought we should share some funny ones.

In high school, the starting tailback my first year of Varsity would be in the locker room every Saturday when I got there...the only player who got there before me...and he'd always be in shorts and tee shirt...clipping his finger and toe nails.

I asked him about it, he said he did it just prior to games so in collsions he didn't have a nail be too long and get bent backwards. He said that'd stop him dead in his tracks. He said he skipped the routine once as a freshman and played horribly... Considering the fact that in that year, in 8 games the kid rushed more than 2,000 yards...I guess that worked for him.

Then of course anyone who's familiar with Mark Grace and/or Jim Rome probably knows about the Slumpbuster superstition...

So who's got some??

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2007, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

What's the Slumpbuster?

I can't really think of any that are really out there. I see pitchers who refuse to step on the chalk as they're coming off the field.

If you watched PlayMakers, Leon Taylor had some superstitions. On gameday he'd always walk sideways across his deck, making sure not to step on any cracks. He'd hug his kids and then give them butterfly kisses I think and had a little verbal routine. He would also count the number of steps from his vehicle to the stadium. It had to be either an even or odd number of steps. He also always ate Cream of Wheat at the team breakfast.

Last edited by STICK; 16 Oct 2007 at 12:01 AM.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2007, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
What's the Slumpbuster?
I'll just give you the direct quote from when Jim Rome was interviewing Mark Grace, who was with the Cubs then, I think...first baseman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rome
Ewwwughhhhh, Gracey...Gracey...what is a slumpbuster??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Grace
Well Jim you see, there comes a time in every slump and this could be either a team slump or a slump for you personally...that basically you've got to find the ugliest, fattest, gnarliest chick you can find and...and you just lay the wood to her, and you're paractically guaranteed success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rome
Ahhhh...God...Gracey...*Dry heaving sound*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Grace
Yeah Jim that can also be called "Jumping on a grenade for the boys."

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote