ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Joey Porter needs a hug...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 2007, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Joey Porter needs a hug...

Quote:
Cleveland Browns' Kellen Winslow takes mellow approach with Miami's Joey Porter
Friday, October 12, 2007
by Tony Grossi
Plain Dealer Reporter

Another sign of the maturity of Kellen Winslow is his reaction to Joey Porter's latest rant against him.

Last year, Winslow would try to match the former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker insult for insult. Now he brushes off his aging nemesis with detached amusement.

"I think Joey Porter needs a hug. He's so angry, man," Winslow said on Thursday.

The day before, Porter, sackless and toiling for a winless Miami Dolphins team, filled the south Florida airwaves with sound bites about the Browns tight end.

Talking about his skirmishes with Winslow in two Pittsburgh wins last season, Porter said: "It really hasn't been a war. It's been one-sided. I've never lost to him. You've got to win some to make it a war. If you get whipped four times in a row it's not a war. Until you beat me, it's one-sided."

For the record, Winslow and Porter have opposed each other only two times - not four.

In the first one, Porter was miffed when Winslow stiff-armed him to the ground running after a catch. Prior to the rematch in Pittsburgh, Winslow sought out Porter and extended his hand in a peace offering. Porter reacted angrily.

In the game, another Browns shellacking in Pittsburgh, Winslow drew a personal foul for hitting linebacker James Farrior very late after a play.

Afterward, Porter used a homosexual slur to describe Winslow.

On Wednesday in south Florida, Porter said of Winslow: "He's a receiver really. He's not a tight end. He's not going to block nobody. . . . I'm not knocking his game . . . If you ask me who is going to win the Joey Porter-Kellen Winslow battle, it's me hands-down, because he's not going to stop me from doing anything I want to do."

It bears noting at this point that two weeks ago Porter guaranteed a Miami win against Oakland, whereupon the Raiders rolled up 299 rushing yards in a 35-17 thrashing.

Back to Porter, Winslow responded: "He doesn't have to worry about me. He should be worried about the team concept. They're 0-5 right now.

"I'm not worried about Joey. He's not even their best player. [Defensive end] Jason Taylor's their best player. And [linebacker] Zach Thomas does a good job. And [safety] Donovin Darius is back. So they're going to be confident going in and will be looking for a win."

Without Porter flitting around twice a season to incite him, Winslow has had a quiet year in the personal-foul department. He's had a few offensive pass-interference penalties, but otherwise has kept his cool in ringing up some impressive receiving numbers.

He has been able to harness his emotions without dampening his fierce competitiveness.

"You just learn from your mistakes sometimes," he said. "Just maturing, just knowing the game, knowing the business, how things work. I'm not really biting down on my tongue. I'm just learning from mistakes. Just growing up."

Less than a year after having the intricate microfracture surgery on his right knee, Winslow is on pace for 77 catches for 1,331 yards. His 17.3 yards per catch leads all tight ends and compares favorably to most receivers.

The knee surgery restored some of his speed lost in injuries from his infamous motorcycle accident in 2005. Now he's playing through a mild dislocation of his left shoulder. Winslow hinted he may need surgery on the shoulder after the season.

"I'm pretty banged up right now. But that's the name of the game," he said. "You've got to go when your number's called.

"It is getting stronger. It's just a process. [Doctors may] take a look at it at the end of the year. I'm trying to get healthy as fast as I can."

So Winslow welcomes the approaching bye week. But not before another confrontation with Porter.
LMAO...Joey needs a hug...I'm not worried about Joey, he's not even the best player on their team...They're 0-5, Joey needs to worry about the team...

You know...when Kellen Fucking Winslow is taking the high road on you...you know you're a complete and total jackass.

But if you're looking at who's better...Kellen is pacing league TEs right now...and Joey's got 16 tackles...no sacks, no hurries, no forced fumbles, no nothing.

So yeah Joey...why don't you use some of those millions of dollars the Dolphins invested in you and fix your fucking face bra...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2007, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

hahaha Joey needs a hug

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2007, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Witten is probably the best tight end in the league right now. If not the best, definitely top three. Dude is pretty clutch on third down.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2007, 06:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

I've been wantin 'nati to pick up a TE for the last 3 years

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2007, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

LMFAO thats fucking hilarous. Thats a million times funnier then trash talking him.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 09:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

LMAO...for the whole first half and right when Braylon got his 3rd TD til the end of the game, Joey Porter looked like he'd walked in on the mailman fuckin his mom while his dad was at work.

What's up, Joseph??

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote