ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Daunte clowns Miami...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Oct 2007, 12:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Daunte clowns Miami...

Quote:
Raiders Throttle Dolphins, Culpepper Regains Some Dignity
By STEVEN WINE, AP Sports Writer
September 30, 2007
AP - Sep 30, 5:41 pm EDT

MIAMI (AP) -- As Daunte Culpepper skipped across the back of the end zone, showboating in celebration of another touchdown, his surgically repaired right knee looked plenty sturdy.

It held up fine Sunday, when Culpepper ran for three touchdowns and threw for two to win a grudge game against his former team, helping the Oakland Raiders beat the winless Miami Dolphins 35-17.

"He had a chip on his shoulder," teammate Warren Sapp said. "He wanted revenge."

Culpepper's slow recovery from major knee surgery limited him to four games last year in his only season with the Dolphins, and his breakup with new Miami coach Cam Cameron was bitter.

After winning in his first start for the Raiders, Culpepper said beating Miami wasn't personal.

"The only thing I felt bad about is I didn't have a chance to show the fans here me healthy as a Dolphin," he said. "But now I had a chance to show them today, and I'm glad I was able to do that."

Cameron and Culpepper met on the field after the game, and both said the conversation was cordial.

"You have to tip your hat when you're getting your rear end kicked," Cameron said.

Miami's coach has bigger problems than any lingering issues with Culpepper. For the second time in four years, the Dolphins are off to an 0-4 start.

"You can't feel sorry for yourself," Cameron said. "Nobody is going to run and hide."

The Raiders, who won last week when Culpepper came off the bench to replace an injured Josh McCown, improved to 2-2 and head into their bye week with a quarterback controversy looming.

"I'll handle it when it happens," coach Lane Kiffin said.

Culpepper led the Raiders out of the tunnel before the game, raising his right fist and punching the air as fans booed. He was far from flashy against his old team, relying on a ground game that totaled 299 yards against an injury-depleted defense.

Justin Fargas replaced an injured LaMont Jordan shortly before halftime and ran for a career-high 179 yards in 22 carries.

"To break their will with the running game is a great feeling," Fargas said.

The Raiders' rushing total was their fourth highest since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970 and their highest since 1987.

Culpepper threw only 12 times and completed five for 75 yards. But he hit Jerry Porter for scores of 7 and 27 yards, and he had three short touchdown runs.

Culpepper's best bit of scrambling came on a third-and-goal at the 5. Unable to find an open receiver, he sprinted to his left, outran two Dolphins, turned the corner and held the ball out as he dived over the goal line.

A jubilant Culpepper rose, tapped his surgically repaired right knee and signaled "OK" to the crowd.

"There were a lot of questions about my knee," he said. "Everywhere I would go, people would ask me about my knee. I wanted to say, `Hey, I'm OK. I'm getting better every day."'

Culpepper skipped to the sideline, then did a Temptations dance step and threw a fist. He scored again a 3-yard keeper on fourth down with 23 seconds left.

"Good for him," Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor said. "Everybody doubted him. They said he was too old and too hurt, but they say that about a lot of guys."

The Raiders lost leading rusher Jordan to a back injury shortly before halftime, but their ground game still dominated. Miami played without middle linebacker Zach Thomas, sidelined for the second game in a row by a concussion, and lost defenders Channing Crowder and Vonnie Holliday to ankle injuries in the first half.

Ronnie Brown ran for 134 yards and caught six passes for 73 for the Dolphins, but they fell behind early and had possession for less than 25 minutes.

The loss was especially humbling for Miami linebacker Joey Porter, who had guaranteed a win.

"What's he going to guarantee next week?" Sapp said. "It's tough when you run your mouth."

Said Porter: "The truth is, we're not a good team right now."
First of all, fuck Joey Porter. Fuck him and his fucked up teeth right in the goddamned ear. Props to the Gayders for shutting that clown's pie hole.

Secondly, damn. Daunte got his roll on, clutched up on his knee and gave everyone in the crowd the thumbs up...damn.

As the very first person in America to predict that Daunte Culpepper was about to tank like the Titanic back before the 2005 season started, I'm not quite ready to say that he's back to Pro Bowl form...but this was a step in the right direction for him.

The guy got a raw deal in Miami to be sure. That's the business though. It was nice to see him thrive for a game, even if it was at the helm of the worthless fucking Gayders...

That was crazy though. Three TDs rushing and two passing. Jerry Porter's got to be happy to have the ball thrown to him for a change. But yeah...discuss Daunte. Is he back? Was this more indicative of how bad Miami's defense is this year? Will he hold JaMarcus off for the rest of the year? Can he??

Discuss.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2007, 01:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

He made something like 7 completed passes... Hardly what I would call a GALA day.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2007, 11:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by G O D
He made something like 7 completed passes... Hardly what I would call a GALA day.
Yeah. He only made just a few passes, but they counted. He's not quite back yet.
Old 02 Oct 2007, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I don't understand why everyone is jumping on the Culpepper bandwagon. He completed 5... FIVE... fucking passes. Wow.
Old 02 Oct 2007, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

I hope someone shreds his knee into a million pieces.

The total classless way he went about gloating to the Dolphins sideline and fans was enough to make me sick...even if it wasn't my team he was doing it do I would've been pissed. I expected it the first couple scores honestly...it didn't really piss me off until that last score where all they had to do to secure the win was take a knee and walk off...instead Kiffin lets Daunte run the score up another touchdown so he can gloat and act like a jackass a bit more.

Oh...and the performance was because Miami's defnese is downright fucking awful this season...its fucking pathetic.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2007, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMOSEXUAL
I don't understand why everyone is jumping on the Culpepper bandwagon. He completed 5... FIVE... fucking passes. Wow.
He also scored 5...FIVE...fucking touchdowns.

I don't care if you're only in on 5 plays, scoring 5 touchdowns in an NFL game is a noteworthy accomplishment. Ricky Waters is a multimillionaire because he scored 5 touchdowns in a game once. He didn't do shit after that but his kids won't ever have to work.

Again...I'm the one person who dared to tell the world Daunte sucked when everyone else on the planet had him practically ranked right behind Peyton Manning for their Fantasy Drafts...but the question is valid.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 02 Oct 2007, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

That second TD pass to Porter was a vintage Culpepper throw. He may only of completed 5 passes but shit why pass when you are averaging almost 6yards a carry. Jordan was having his way until he got injured and then Huggy Bear Jr. came in and just went all Bo Jackson on them. Very important win going into the bye week.
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a RAIDER
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2007, 10:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

I want Tom Brady dead.

what? no bearing on this conversation? fiiiiiiiiiiiine

Daunte is cool beans as a backup...but if he's your primary reciever, you straight fucked

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Oct 2007, 01:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality CheCK
Daunte is cool beans as a backup...but if he's your primary reciever, you straight fucked
The Raiders would definitely be fucked if he was their primary receiver, considering he is a quarterback.

Daunte played alright last week against Miami. Like Xero said, he's classless and I'm not sure you could find many Miami fans that will tell you they don't like him just because we had to listen to him whine about not being able to start while he was crippled for months.

Miami's defense is God awful this year. Scoring five TDs against the Miami Dolphins defense is absolutely nothing to be too proud of. He looked to me like the same mediocre QB he was at Miami last year, this time the field was wide open and he had all the room for error he needed.

JaMarcus Russell should no doubt start ahead of Culpepper. I guarantee the next game Culpepper plays will not seem as great as the one against the Dolphins. He's done. He's a backup now.
Old 06 Oct 2007, 01:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
I guarantee the next game Culpepper plays will not seem as great as the one against the Dolphins. He's done. He's a backup now.
LMAO...why don't you wait for the follow up before saying he's done??

If he were to hit the free agent market tonight, he'd be an Atlanta Falcon in time for the coin toss tomorrow.

Certainly it was only one game...but again...five touchdowns in a game...that's some shit. I don't care how bad Miami's defense is...you've got to be clicking to score 5 touchdowns in one NFL game.

Late.