ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Wilson...busted for steroids...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Sep 2007, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Wilson...busted for steroids...

...but not the Wilson you're thinking of...

Quote:
Wilson joins Harrison on suspended list stemming from drug investigation
By DAVE GOLDBERG, AP Football Writer
September 1, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- Dallas quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson was suspended for five games by the NFL on Saturday for buying and using performance-enhancing substances.

Wilson, a 48-year-old former NFL quarterback, also was fined $100,000. He said he took the drugs to try to "improve the quality of my life" after living with diabetes for more than 20 years. He acknowledged he acted without "proper medical supervision."

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Wilson would return to his job after his suspension ends Oct. 9.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said both Wilson's suspension and the suspension Friday of New England safety Rodney Harrison stemmed from the investigation by the Albany (N.Y.) district attorney's office. Authorities there have been looking into an Internet ring involving performance-enhancing drugs and allegedly involving athletes from a number of sports.

Aiello said the third NFL person involved in the investigation was Dr. Richard Ryzde, one of the Pittsburgh Steelers' team doctors. He had earlier been fired by the team. Rydze and Wilson fall under a provision of the NFL's drug policy that makes any league employee possessing or using performance enhancers subject to discipline.

Harrison, who missed much of last season with shoulder and knee injuries, was suspended Friday night. He said during a conference call that he never used performance-enhancing drugs but added: "I did admit to the commissioner that I did, in fact, use a banned substance."

ESPN reported the substance was human growth hormone.

Wilson said in a statement issued by the Cowboys that the "situation is the result of an uninformed decision that I made."

"I accept responsibility for my mistake," he said. "Clearly, as a coach and former player, I had no intention of trying to circumvent the boundaries of competition or fair play. I now realize that this is something I should not have done. I acted without proper medical supervision and I would urge others not to make a similar mistake."

Jones said Wade -- who played in the NFL from 1981-99, mostly with Minnesota -- had "absolutely no intention of breaking any league rules."

"He has a long track record of quality service to the NFL and community service to the cities where has played and coached," Jones said. "We recognize and support the importance placed on these matters by the National Football League. We also support Wade Wilson during this time and look forward to his contributions to the future of the Dallas Cowboys."
Ummm...holy shit?

Reaction??

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2007, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I'm not surprised. He always seemed like he was on The Juice
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2007, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Yeah...but...for a coach...to be juicing...that's......that's just odd.

I mean...I feel like I should laugh...but for some reason I can't...

Weird.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2007, 12:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Yeah...but...for a coach...to be juicing...that's......that's just odd.

I mean...I feel like I should laugh...but for some reason I can't...

Weird.

Late.
I was just kidding. I don't even know what Wade Wilson looks like

He said he was using steroids to help with symptons he deals with due to diabetes. I honestly don't see anything wrong with that, as long as he isn't abusing them or distributing them to others, which he stated he was not. He said only he and his wife knew about it I believe.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote