ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

LMAO @ Michigan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Sep 2007, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default LMAO @ Michigan

There isn't a formal write up on it right now, but the juggernaut that is Appalachian State just dropped an L on #5 Michigan, 34-32.

Damn...Michigan was supposed to have hopes for a Championship...they were supposed to have a number of Heismann hopefuls on the team...that's all in the crapper now, isn't it??

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2007, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Lloyd Carr is going bye-bye. Spear might have committed suicide. LMFAO. OWNED.
Old 01 Sep 2007, 03:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I'm no longer so sure that my bet on McNeese to win the FCS was such a good idea.

Does a loss to an FCS team count? I know only one win does.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2007, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Never Better

Troy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via MSN to Troy

And Mich was at home too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Morrison on ECW, after CM Punk crashes into the announce table
.....I'd say he'd have to pay for that, but I don't think he can afford it.

Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2007, 04:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Red Demon Ranger

dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...dariydude , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Shows you that any thing can happen on the football field no matter what team is playing.

dariydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2007, 05:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

This is going to be one looooooooooooooooong ass season.

At least Carr will be gone by the end of it. Butch Davis for Michigan Head Coach.
Old 01 Sep 2007, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Is cowtipping a Masters course at Appalachian State? I've never even heard of that place.
Old 01 Sep 2007, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade
Is cowtipping a Masters course at Appalachian State? I've never even heard of that place.
I believe they're the defending Div-II National Champs. That takes some of the sting off. Sort of.

Hey Glue, think you could make me a "Fuck Appalachian State" banner?
Old 01 Sep 2007, 05:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Never Better

Troy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via MSN to Troy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
I believe they're the defending Div-II National Champs. That takes some of the sting off. Sort of.
Read somewhere App. St. was the first I-AA team to beat a ranked I-A team or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Morrison on ECW, after CM Punk crashes into the announce table
.....I'd say he'd have to pay for that, but I don't think he can afford it.

Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2007, 08:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Hey Glue, think you could make me a "Fuck Appalachian State" banner?
Sorry.

This is the first time a ranked Div 1A team has EVER lost to a sub division opponent. History, bitches. That's what this was.

I for one know I'll ALWAYS remember where I was when I found out that App State had broken Blue off. I was sitting in my mufuckin living room, feedin the baby girl when I just bout jumpt out the chair, dropped the young'n on her head and said, "OH SHIT!! OH SHIT!! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~! !!!!!"

Then I sat back down and told my little girl all about The Most Venerable Paul Brown and how he was hired away from Massillion Washington High School and brought THE Ohio State it's first National Championship, and how THE Ohio State can still roll through the year and claim their 8th National Championship, that pitiful school up North's season is OVER.

I'll save the shit about him discovering Otto Graham, Jim Brown, creating The Northeast Ohio Offense (now referred to for some stupid reason as The West Coast Offense... ), and leading The Browns to glory for another day.

Today...for me and my little girl...it was all about Michigan getting that ass WORKED by a school that shouldn't even have a D I program...AA or otherwise.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 01 Sep 2007, 08:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

^ I'm with ya..I literally jumped out of my chair and let out a primal scream when the final score was posted. Michigan still hasn't gave FSU a return visit after FSU handed them one of the worst losses in this history of the big house years ago. Freaking Maise and Blue Patsies.
Old 01 Sep 2007, 08:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

They are calling it "The Greatest upset in college football history"...

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...yhoo&type=lgns

Hail to the victors
By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports
September 1, 2007

By the time they were carrying small school coach Jerry Moore out of the Big House, owner of the greatest upset in college football history, the question was no longer whether little Appalachian State could compete with mighty Michigan.

It was now whether they could sneak enough whiskey back into dry Boone, N.C., to handle the celebration.

In a stunner for the ages, ASU, courtesy of a 34-32 come-from-behind thriller, became the first team from what was formerly known as Division I-AA to ever beat a ranked I-A team.

And this wasn't just any team they beat, either. No. 5 Michigan is an historic power boasting three Heisman Trophy candidates, national title dreams and playing in front of 109,000-plus fans in its cavernous home stadium.

In a testament to forever dreams and fearless players, Appalachian State used a final blocked kick to give every underdog everywhere proof of what is possible if you look past the perception and believe in yourself.

"Just God bless them," Moore said of his players in his thick Southern drawl. "It's a crowning achievement. They're a great bunch of kids and they have worked so hard."

This game was supposed to be the prime example of what had gone wrong in money hungry college football. The powers that be had expanded the season a couple years back, adding an extra game so big schools could bring in cream-puff opponents while collecting millions in revenue.

Michigan had never played a I-AA opponent in its history. Now we know why, the Wolverines were ducking them.

Instead of an easy tune-up for Michigan, Appalachian State leaves with its most profound victory ever and a check for $400,000 that was supposed to be their pay for getting punished.

If they name a mountain after Jerry Moore in Western North Carolina, it might not be enough.

For his part, the coach wouldn't put the victory above the Mountaineers' consecutive I-AA national championship victories but he smiled and said, "It'll rank in there."

Mostly, this was a testament to power of self-belief. It has become trite for teams to claim that no one picked them, that it is "us against the world." But for Appalachian State, it was true.

The game was expected to be such a mismatch Las Vegas sports books refused to offer a betting line.

Instead Appalachian State spent the last week doing two things, watching film and gaining faith.

First was noticing that Michigan's defense had a tendency to leave the middle of the field wide open.

"We hoped they would do that again," quarterback Amanti Edwards told the Michigan radio network. "And they did. Our offense already knew what we had to do."

Edwards repeatedly abused the Wolverines with quick, over-the-middle slant passes, racking up 226 yards and three touchdowns. That included a statement-making, 68-yard strike right down the middle to wideout Dexter Jackson. Edwards also ran for a score.

Second, the Mountaineers kept telling themselves that while Michigan might be the winningest program in major college history, the Wolverines were just college kids like them. The past is the past. This was about the future.

"Their players are like us," running back Kevin Richardson told the Detroit News before the game. "They have feet, put on shoes and strap on the pads just like we do."

Michigan's players might have all been high school stars and highly recruited from across America while App State's kids are largely overlooked, small-town Southerners. But once the ball was kicked, what did that matter?

"They played better than us today," Michigan All American candidate Jake Long said.

For Michigan and coach Lloyd Carr, who was already played to mixed feelings among the school's massive fan base, this loss was as crushing as it was embarrassing. There is simply no excuse for such an upset and Michigan's two turnovers, two kicks blocked, ill-timed penalties and defensive and offensive mistakes played a huge role here.

It is a result that will rock the program, renew calls for Carr to hang it up at season's end and snuff out any chance of a current assistant coach to step up and take over this vaunted power.

"I think it begins with being a prepared team," Carr told the Michigan radio network. "And that's my responsibility. I did not have the team prepared."

Ol’ Coach Moore sure did. Not just in terms of strength or scheme. This was mostly mental; proof that sports is more than just physical might. Appalachian State simply believed this was not only possible, but likely.

On three different occasions Michigan had the lead in this game, including what looked like a back-breaking 32-31 advantage late in the fourth quarter when Michigan's Mike Hart ran over, through and around an exhausted defense.

But Appalachian State never quit. Even trailing with less than two minutes left, they drove 69 yards without a timeout to kick a field goal and regain the lead. And when Michigan had a chip-shot field goal to win the game with six seconds left, and the dream looked doused, the Mountaineers’ surging defense blocked it.

The incredible play set off a mid-field celebration in Ann Arbor for the ages. Back down in Boone – and by underdogs everywhere – it will be toasted, forever.

And they said first week of College Football isn't exciting...
Old 01 Sep 2007, 09:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Quote:
It's the week of the beatdowns. I'm not paying a whole lot of attention.

Hmmm...guess you should have payed more attention Spear...oh and the fact that Appie State went there and beat Michigan is fucking hilarious...considering they are in the most illiterate and hillbilly part of the country...In closing, Michigan just got handled by a bunch of guys that will be wearing overalls and riding a tractor come sunday morning.
Old 01 Sep 2007, 09:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

For fuck's sake, Appy State's fight song is Duelling Banjos.

Late.

Old 01 Sep 2007, 10:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

If I'm not mistaken, former Cowboys great Dexter Coakley was an Appalachian State alum.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote