ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Indy Racing: Why isn't it more popular?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jul 2007, 01:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Indy Racing: Why isn't it more popular?

Maybe I just have the perception that it isn't popular, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, I think it's more entertaining than Nascar, especially the road courses. Those can get even more entertaining if it starts raining

I think it has plenty of starpower, but maybe that's a misconeption because I watch and know who the drivers are.

Dario Franchitti
Helio Castroneves
Danica Patrick
Sam Hornish Jr
Dan Wheldon
Scott Dixon
Tony Kanaan
Scott Sharp
Marco Andretti

Those are some pretty big names, in my opinion.

Do you watch Indy racing? Do you perceive it to be popular? Discuss Indy racing.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2007, 01:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Awsome. Another Indy fan. WTG Stick.

I love Indy racing. If it's on, I'll watch it. The Indy 500 weekend is one of my favorite times of the year. I love how the cars just stick to the road, unlike in Nascar where they more or less float. Also the road courses rule. That's REAL racing right there.

BTW, I'm supprised Tony Kanaan's nose doesn't add weight to the car and slow him down.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 02:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

I drive every day....yet I don't have the audacity to call it a sport.

Its fucking driving.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2007, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
I drive every day....yet I don't have the audacity to call it a sport.

Its fucking driving.
This wasn't a debate on if racing is a sport or not...I asked why Indy racing isn't more popular. Please try to keep up buddy
Old 29 Jul 2007, 01:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
This wasn't a debate on if racing is a sport or not...I asked why Indy racing isn't more popular. Please try to keep up buddy
....and my reply is an answer to that, slappy.

If you need me to use smaller words, or if you need help sounding out the bigger words, just let me know.

Why isn't it popular? Because no one fucking cares. Its fucking driving. We all do it every fucking day, We don't care to watch it on tv. We don't care to go watch other people drive. Its fucking retarded.

I hope those thoughts aren't too complex for ya.

Old 29 Jul 2007, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
J-E-T-S

Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.
Send a message via Yahoo to Skill

I hate racing whether it be Indy or Nascar. I find it way too boring, and it is one of the few sports that I will not watch.

Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2007, 02:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK

If you need me to use smaller words, or if you need help sounding out the bigger words, just let me know.

Why isn't it popular? Because no one fucking cares. Its fucking driving. We all do it every fucking day, We don't care to watch it on tv. We don't care to go watch other people drive. Its fucking retarded.

That might be a valid point if you represented the entire population of the world, or if Nascar wasn't huge. That being said, you don't, and Nascar is huge. There are people that enjoy watching racing. Sorry you aren't the only person alive
Old 29 Jul 2007, 02:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Sorry you aren't the only person alive
Our Kurtie seems to be going through another one of those phases lately...

We still love you Kurt...in a totally heterosexual way...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2007, 03:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
That might be a valid point if you represented the entire population of the world, or if Nascar wasn't huge. That being said, you don't, and Nascar is huge. There are people that enjoy watching racing. Sorry you aren't the only person alive
So you want every person alive to come and answer this thread? I wouldn't hold out hope. Only about .0000001 percent of the people alive are active posters.

You made a thread. I was under the impression you were looking for opinions. I didn't realize you wanted us all to go out into the world to ask every living person why they don't like indy racing,

I'll get right on that for ya tho

Quote:
Do you watch Indy racing? Do you perceive it to be popular? Discuss Indy racing.
You'll have to understand my confusion...I thought you wanted to know what we thought

Last edited by CK; 29 Jul 2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 03:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
So you want every person alive to come and answer this thread? I wouldn't hold out hope. Only about .0000001 percent of the people alive are active posters.

You made a thread. I was under the impression you were looking for opinions. I didn't realize you wanted us all to go out into the world to ask every living person why they don't like indy racing,

I'll get right on that for ya tho

You'll have to understand my confusion...I thought you wanted to know what we thought
I asked for the opinion of the people that posted here, and you gave me the apparent opinion of the entire world's population. Simply because you drive and don't like to watch other people "drive", doesn't mean that everyone else that drives, don't like to watch other people "drive" as well
Old 29 Jul 2007, 03:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Shit, I like like Indy and Formula One racing a lot more than Nascar...
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2007, 05:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
Touching on what Stick said, that'd be a good point if Nascar wasn't as big as it is. I mean, some of those tracks come race weekend could be considered one of the largest cites in that state. Bristol Motor Speedway would be the third largest city in Tennessee during race weekend.

You also need to account the fact that Nascar draws several hundred thousand fans per race. I believe it draws the most fans per event of any other major sport in the United States. There are people who care about racing.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 05:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
I asked for the opinion of the people that posted here, and you gave me the apparent opinion of the entire world's population. Simply because you drive and don't like to watch other people "drive", doesn't mean that everyone else that drives, don't like to watch other people "drive" as well
No I said "I" not "we" not "the rest of us"

nowhere did I say "I think I speak for the entire world"

You decided to take it that way because I don't like it

Go re-read my post.

I posted my thoughts and opinions on it. I never made any claim to speak for anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Touching on what Stick said, that'd be a good point if Nascar wasn't as big as it is. I mean, some of those tracks come race weekend could be considered one of the largest cites in that state. Bristol Motor Speedway would be the third largest city in Tennessee during race weekend.

You also need to account the fact that Nascar draws several hundred thousand fans per race. I believe it draws the most fans per event of any other major sport in the United States. There are people who care about racing.
I don't consider Nascar a sport either. Its not just driving, its driving in a circle...wooooo

Their are fans of it....yes I'm aware.

Again, I speak for myself and no one else.

Old 29 Jul 2007, 05:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK

Go re-read my post.

I posted my thoughts and opinions on it. I never made any claim to speak for anyone else.

I don't consider Nascar a sport either. Its not just driving, its driving in a circle...wooooo

Their are fans of it....yes I'm aware.

Again, I speak for myself and no one else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK

Sorry Chris, but I had to.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 05:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK

Go re-read my post.

You said it wasn't a sport, I said this wasn't to debate whether or not it's a sport, and you proceeded to post this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. World Population Representative
Looks like you're speaking for the entire driving populace to me, but I could be wrong. I don't think I am, but I could be