ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Odell...Denied?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jul 2007, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK
Default Odell...Denied?

WTF?

They lengthened his suspension for atleast another year....

To my knowledge, he hadn't done anything wrong.

The NFL Commision people are gay

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2007, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

I doubt there's "no reason" for it. Prolly drug related. NFL policy is that the first time you get busted for drugs, they keep it hush hush.

But still...no reason to let the unexplained nature of this get in the way of a good laugh at the Bungles' expense...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2007, 12:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

I think he should have been reinstated...i mean ricky williams was obvious why he didn't get it....but Thurman really hadn't done anything wrong...I don't understand this a bit.
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2007, 12:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by what777
I think he should have been reinstated...i mean ricky williams was obvious why he didn't get it....but Thurman really hadn't done anything wrong...I don't understand this a bit.
You do know that this thread is about Odell Thurman, Linebacker for the Cinciscatti Bungles, right??

Just in case we're not up on current events, note the date.

Quote:
Thurman awaiting decision from NFL
July 11, 2007
By Kevin Goheen
Post staff reporter

Odell Thurman could learn as soon as today whether or not the NFL will allow him back into the league this season.

The Bengals linebacker spent all of last season away from the game as he served a one-year suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. He has applied for reinstatement and must wait for the decision of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

"July 11 was the target date, but we have not heard anything definitive from the league at this point," said John Michels, Thurman's agent, in a phone interview Tuesday. "We're hopeful we'll hear something within the next day or two."

Greg Aiello, the vice president of public relations for the NFL, said on Tuesday there was nothing new to report regarding Thurman's case. The league would not comment on any case pending, Aiello said.

Thurman was originally suspended for the first four games of last season, but Goodell increased that penalty to include the entire season following Thurman's arrest for DUI arrest last September. He pleaded no contest to the charge in February and Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge John Burlew sentenced him to six days in a treatment program and two years' probation.

Last month Thurman was involved in an incident at an overnight party in his hometown of Monticello, Ga., in which criminal complaints against both him and his cousin Willie Thurman were dropped prior to a scheduled probable cause hearing.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.

Last edited by The Glue; 29 Jul 2007 at 12:15 AM.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 12:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

yet the NFL is waiting to decide if Vick should be suspended
Ray Lewis is still on a team
Droughns is still in camp

and for all the shit henry has done he gets to come back after 8 games....

How the fuck is Odell bein suspended even remotely fair?

Old 29 Jul 2007, 02:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Life ain't fair.

For someone who was just a couple hours ago bemoaning the fact that football players hold out of Training Camp for a few million dollars more, I'd think you'd be thrilled that NFL players are finally getting a taste...especially in light of how completely avoidable this situation would be if scumbags like Odell Thurman wasn't shitstains left on Life's toilet seat.

And Droughns was acquitted of DWI. It wasn't reduced, it wasn't found that he was almost impaired, he was acquitted...as in, "Mr. Droughns, we're sorry we wasted your time with this nonsense. Please don't sue us for defamation. You're free to go. Case dismissed."

As for the rest of the players you mentioned, the sooner they're driving beer trucks and not on my TV, the better.

Late.

Old 29 Jul 2007, 02:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Life ain't fair.

For someone who was just a couple hours ago bemoaning the fact that football players hold out of Training Camp for a few million dollars more, I'd think you'd be thrilled that NFL players are finally getting a taste...especially in light of how completely avoidable this situation would be if scumbags like Odell Thurman wasn't shitstains left on Life's toilet seat.

And Droughns was acquitted of DWI. It wasn't reduced, it wasn't found that he was almost impaired, he was acquitted...as in, "Mr. Droughns, we're sorry we wasted your time with this nonsense. Please don't sue us for defamation. You're free to go. Case dismissed."

As for the rest of the players you mentioned, the sooner they're driving beer trucks and not on my TV, the better.

Late.
How bout the Domestic Abuse charges that saw Droughns put in jail for a night?

The little piece you quoted about Odell referenced accusations that were dropped before they even got to a probable cause hearing....

I know life ain't fair...I just think that its kinda fucked up.

As far as Henry goes, I don't care if the kid has talent, I been callin for him to be fired since the first offense.

I just want the commission to at least make an attempt to be level headed...if they wanna enforce standards.....enforce them for everyone....don't overlook shit just because he makes the highlight reel.

Old 29 Jul 2007, 02:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
How bout the Domestic Abuse charges that saw Droughns put in jail for a night?
All charges were dropped.

Sorry, but if the wife says that her mom overreacted and called the cops, then that's what it is. Again, Case Dismissed.

I never saw the words "PLED GUILTY" in any of the articles about Droughns...but I did see them in more than a few about Odell.

And Droughns hasn't made the highlight reel in a couple of years...

Get him on a beer truck, draft another crappy linebacker who sucks in pass coverage and move on, Kurt.

Late.