ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

I predict a full blown Vick meltdown this year

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Apr 2007, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default I predict a full blown Vick meltdown this year

Ok, we've seen a ton of crazy shit happen with Michael Vick. He was Ron Mexico, he tried to smuggle shit onto a plane. He flipped off the fans. He was on the madden cover. There's prolly some other shit that I can't remember. But now, he's got some fucking dog fighting thing going on.

Quote:

Injured dogs found on Vick's property in raid
NFL.com wire reports

SMITHFIELD, Va. (April 26, 2007) -- Police conducting a drug investigation raided a house owned by Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick and found dozens of dogs, some injured and emaciated.

Police also found items associated with dog fighting.

State Police Sgt. D.S. Carr said Vick's relative, Davon Boddie, 26, lives in the house. Vick owns the property, but doesn't live there and wasn't present when a search warrant was executed in a drug investigation April 25, Carr said.

Boddie was arrested outside a nightclub by Hampton police April 20 on charges of distribution of marijuana and possession with intent to distribute. The search warrant was executed by a multijurisdictional task force in a narcotics probe.

More than 60 dogs were found in three buildings. Some appeared malnourished, scarred and injured, officials said.

Wayne Pacelle, president and CEO of The Humane Society of the United States, said the group has "heard troubling reports for some time that Michael Vick has been involved in organized dog fighting, and we fear that this investigation may validate that very disturbing allegation."

"We urge law enforcement to aggressively investigate this matter, and we further believe that anyone who harbors dogs for the purpose of fighting, deserves to be fully prosecuted for their crimes," Pacelle said in a statement. "Dog fighting is a barbaric activity that causes immense animal suffering and fosters violence in our communities. Our nation should have a zero tolerance policy for any form of staged animal fighting."

The Humane Society said dog fighting is illegal nationwide and a felony in 48 states, including both Virginia and Georgia.

The animal rights group PETA has asked Falcons owner Arthur Blank to suspend Vick pending the investigation and "to kick him off the team if it is found that dogs on Vick's property were neglected or used for fighting."

In a letter to Blank, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said it was the second time it was writing to the owner about one of his players and allegations of cruelty to animals. On Feb. 23, the organization wrote to him about defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux's felony charges in Georgia stemming from the fatal beating of a dog.

Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said the team still was gathering information on the report and had no immediate comment.

A spokeswoman for Vick's foundation declined comment. Joel Segal, the quarterback's agent, and Larry Woodward, a Virginia attorney who has worked with both Vick and his younger brother, Marcus, didn't immediately return telephone messages seeking comment.

The probe at Vick's property is the latest in a serious of embarrassing incidents for the Atlanta quarterback.

He was named in a sordid lawsuit that accused him of knowingly infecting a woman with a sexually transmitted disease and using the alias "Ron Mexico" while seeking treatment. The case was settled out of court.

Last season, Vick flashed an obscene hand gesture to heckling Atlanta fans as he walked off the field following a dismal loss to New Orleans. He was fined $10,000 by the NFL and donated another $10,000 to charity.

In January, security officers at Miami International Airport seized a water bottle from Vick that they said smelled of marijuana and had a hidden compartment. Authorities later said there were no drugs in the bottle, and Vick explained that he used the secret compartment to carry jewelry.

Just this week, Vick came under more criticism when he failed to show for a lobbying appearance on Capitol Hill in support of increased funding for after-school programs. He missed a connecting flight in Atlanta and didn't turn up for a later flight.

Vick and two other former Virginia Tech stars -- Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall and former Buffalo Bills defensive end Bruce Smith -- are scheduled to join Hokies football coach Frank Beamer and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in a pre-draft ceremony in New York on April 28 to honor the victims of the recent shooting at the Blacksburg school.

Other athletes have been linked to dog fighting.

The NBA's Qyntel Woods pleaded guilty in January 2005 to animal abuse and was sentenced to probation and community service, in addition to pledging $10,000 to the Oregon Humane Society. Former NFL player LeShon Johnson has twice run afoul of the law for ties to dogfighting.
So seriously. I think Vick is going to have one of the great meltdowns in sports history this season. Especially if the Falcons start out losing a couple games. OMG this has so much potential to be hilarious. Maybe we should start of vbookie or something. Or just discuss how badly Vick is going to fuck up.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2007, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

If he plays he will probally have the best season of his career, if he plays.
Old 12 May 2007, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Vick is the most overrated athlete in the world. I fucking hate that guy. He's so fucking shitty. The guy couldn't throw a football to save his life.
Old 12 May 2007, 08:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
Vick is the most overrated athlete in the world. I fucking hate that guy. He's so fucking shitty. The guy couldn't throw a football to save his life.
Most overrated athlete in the world? Not hardly. He has a ton of skill, he just plays the wrong position. Most overrated athlete at his respective position? That'd be a more accurate assessment.

Oh yeah, he can throw a ball and he can throw it far, he just has shitty accuracy When he does have the ball on target, his receivers manage to drop it
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2007, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

I like vick he is an amazing runner, he is the worst passer, but if you can manage to win games with him where he is why change him out, and with his receivers unable to catch a ball, maybe thats should be the first thing to go, but Joe Horn will help that this year.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2007, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
Most overrated athlete in the world? Not hardly. He has a ton of skill, he just plays the wrong position. Most overrated athlete at his respective position? That'd be a more accurate assessment.

Oh yeah, he can throw a ball and he can throw it far, he just has shitty accuracy When he does have the ball on target, his receivers manage to drop it

He honestly should be playing RB for the Falcons. Just give Joey the QB spot, he's used to playing with shitty recievers anyway, and let Vick run the ball all the time.
Old 12 May 2007, 08:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear

He honestly should be playing RB for the Falcons. Just give Joey the QB spot, he's used to playing with shitty recievers anyway, and let Vick run the ball all the time.
Nah I think Vick would be a terrible running back, as much as people say he should play it. He beats people and takes off on scrambles, he is a scrambling runner, if you set him at RB he will have to time to set up anything like he does at QB.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2007, 08:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like A Fox
Nah I think Vick would be a terrible running back, as much as people say he should play it. He beats people and takes off on scrambles, he is a scrambling runner, if you set him at RB he will have to time to set up anything like he does at QB.
I beg to differ.

I've seen him use RB moves. You also have to factor in the fact that he's rushed for over 1,000 yards in a season before, and this was when rushing wasn't even his main focus.

I say if he beefs up a little, and spends an offseason with some runningback coaches, he could be a prime rusher in the NFC.
Old 12 May 2007, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Rep for Reb...
Old 12 May 2007, 09:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Vick in some type of a Dual-QB formation with a true pocket passer also in the backfield would be pretty sweet IMO.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2007, 09:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peazy
Vick in some type of a Dual-QB formation with a true pocket passer also in the backfield would be pretty sweet IMO.
"Harrington drops back, dumps it off to Vick. Vick hands it off to _____, who laterals to Harrington. Harrington passes to Vick. Vick breaks a tackle, and another! He's going to go all the way! Touchdown Falcons."

Something like that would kick so much ass.
Old 12 May 2007, 09:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
"Harrington drops back, dumps it off to Vick. Vick hands it off to _____, who laterals to Harrington. Harrington passes to Vick. Vick breaks a tackle, and another! He's going to go all the way! Touchdown Falcons."

Something like that would kick so much ass.
I wish they'd allow you to create your own formations in Madden...I've been wanting to play with that for a couple years now.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2007, 12:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peazy
I wish they'd allow you to create your own formations in Madden...I've been wanting to play with that for a couple years now.
They had a playbook creator thing awhile back. I don't know why they took it out.
Old 13 May 2007, 01:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
They had a playbook creator thing awhile back. I don't know why they took it out.
Cuz it's fucking EA

I had the sickest play created. I called it Quad Fade I think. I ran it from a 4 receiver set with there being a receiver on each outside, and then a receiver in each slot. Each inside guy would would run a fade to the outside, and the outside receivers would each run a fade to the inside. It criss crossed the defenders, and sometimes they'd even run into each other leaving all four receivers open for the most part. I'd usually hit the outside fade patterns, and occasionally I'd throw it to the inside fade patterns. I would get so many TDs from that play
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2007, 02:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

I think they moved it to NFL Head Coach....you're supposed to be able to create your own coach, playbook, hire your own staff and everything....then import it all to Madden just like you can with your college draft class from NCAA

CK is offline   Reply With Quote