ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Favre passing deep...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jan 2006, 11:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

I honestly think workin with Brett would be the best thing in the world for TO....

I can't think of any player who is more widely respected than Brett

and Xero, I don't think you could pull Brett away from his adopted home....
he'd have to be traded...and many will die if that happens

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2006, 11:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypt
I honestly think workin with Brett would be the best thing in the world for TO....

I can't think of any player who is more widely respected than Brett

and Xero, I don't think you could pull Brett away from his adopted home....
he'd have to be traded...and many will die if that happens
Money has amazing powers.

Amazing the difference a few extra 0's makes.

Regardless...I fucking hope Miami does SOMETHING about their horrible QB situation in the offseason.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2006, 11:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0G0
Money has amazing powers.

Amazing the difference a few extra 0's makes.

Regardless...I fucking hope Miami does SOMETHING about their horrible QB situation in the offseason.
Brett isn't gonna be a back up QB....he isn't gonna train anyone....

Miami isn't gonna pay anyone that type of money for the one more season BRett is gonna play.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2006, 11:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0G0
Yay! Looks like I am right!

Quote:
Dolphins officials quiz top college QBs at Senior Bowl

By Alex Marvez
Staff Writer
Posted January 25 2006

MOBILE, ala. -- Darnell Hackney can impress the Dolphins just as much with a marker in his hand as a football this week at the Senior Bowl.

In the market for a long-term starter at quarterback, the Dolphins traveled here already well aware of Hackney's physical skills from watching video of his record-setting college career at Alabama-Birmingham. But as Hackney learned during a Monday night meeting with team officials, passing prowess alone isn't enough to make the Dolphins consider selecting him in April's draft.

"They're looking for your knowledge of the game and seeing if you know how to read defenses," said Hackney, who is projected as a first-day pick. "I think every team will look for that in a quarterback. They don't want a dummy."

Like with other quarterbacks being interviewed, Hackney was asked to draw a play from his college offense on a board and "walk through my reads." The Dolphins then had Hackney do the same with a play given to him by the San Francisco 49ers' coaching staff, which is directing the Senior Bowl's South squad for Saturday's all-star game. Finally, a Dolphins coach drew one of the team's own plays on the board and asked Hackney to dissect it.

"They want me to tell them what I'm looking for -- the rotation of the safeties and what I'm thinking," said Hackney, who passed for 9,886 yards and 71 touchdowns with the Blazers. "I think they were happy with what I did."

Clemson quarterback Charlie Whitehurst had an even longer meeting with the Dolphins on Monday night.

"The Dolphins ran the whole gambit," said Whitehurst, who jokingly added that the team "had a nice little office up there on the 11th floor."

"There were some football questions, and you get on the board a little bit. They figure out if you can think at all. They ask about your family and gameday, how you're feeling and your approach to the game. They try to get a feel of your intelligence and maybe your competitiveness and background a little bit, too."

Dolphins coach Nick Saban isn't speaking to media at the Senior Bowl until today. But in November, Saban discussed the process of analyzing college quarterbacks.

"It's a position that requires a tremendous amount of judgment, athletic intuition, timing, anticipation and things that are really innate in terms of being measurable," said Saban, who passed on selecting a quarterback last year in his first draft with the Dolphins.

"You can measure height, weight and all those types of things, but the [other] types of things are difficult. A guy like Joe Montana maybe didn't possess some [physical] things, but he had great intelligence to make good decisions. ... Those things are much more difficult to evaluate."

The Dolphins, who have the 16th overall pick, are meeting with all six Senior Bowl quarterbacks, including Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler, Georgia's D.J. Shockley, Penn State's Michael Robinson and Alabama's Brodie Croyle. The next round of interviews and scouting comes in late February at the NFL Scouting Combine, followed by workouts at the players' respective colleges.

Southern California's Matt Leinart and Texas' Vince Young, who are not at the Senior Bowl, are widely considered the draft's top quarterbacks. But NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock rates Cutler as the best prospect because of his arm strength, quick release and accuracy under pressure.

"To me, there are three franchise quarterbacks in this draft, and the Dolphins won't be in position to draft any of them unless they trade up," Mayock said. "I think all three of them will be gone in the top 10 [picks], maybe the top five."

That still didn't keep the Dolphins from meeting with Cutler on Monday night.

"They had the whole staff in there," Cutler said.

Alex Marvez can be reached at amarvez@sun-sentinel.com.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2006, 11:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Actually XeR0...LSU's QB this past year might be worth bringing in. I only saw him in a couple of games, I have no idea what the hell his name is, but he's mobile as hell, he feels the rush instinctively (which is key in the NFL), and he's got a fucking cannon.

Kid threw one on the run with a motion that looked like me throwing to my kids in the backyard. That shit went 50 yards in the air and landed in the waiting hands of whatever WR it was that caught the ball. I almost fell out of my chair.

Of course, being LSU's starting QB this past year, you know Saban recruited him.

There are good QBs to be had in all rounds of the draft, every year.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote