ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Yanks win AL East

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Oct 2005, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED
Default Yanks win AL East

Unit, big bats deliver Yanks AL East title
Sheffield, Matsui, A-Rod homer in clinching win over Red Sox

BOSTON -- Randy Johnson was brought to New York to help deliver the Yankees' first World Series championship since 2000. He took a step in the right direction on Saturday, leading the Yanks to an 8-4 win over the Red Sox at Fenway Park.
The win, combined with the Indians' loss to the White Sox, locked up the Yankees' eighth consecutive American League East title.

Not bad for a team that was 11-19 and nine games out of first place just 30 games into the season.

The Yankees won't know their Division Series opponent until Sunday -- or Monday -- as the Red Sox and Indians continue to battle for the Wild Card.

The Big Unit allowed three runs on five hits in 7 1/3 innings, striking out eight batters. Johnson earned his 17th win of the season, improving to 5-0 against the Red Sox.

The Yankees, who had a .157 batting average against knuckleballer Tim Wakefield this season, scored seven runs on seven hits in five innings against the veteran, who was pitching on three days' rest.

New York struck for three runs in the first inning, two on Gary Sheffield's 34th home run of the season. Boston answered back with a monster shot of its own, as Manny Ramirez crushed an 0-2 fastball from Johnson out of the park, cutting the lead to 3-2.

The Yankees added two more in the second, using a Tino Martinez single, a Bernie Williams double and a pair of sacrifice flies by John Flaherty and Derek Jeter to boost the lead back to three runs.

Matsui drilled a solo shot to dead center field in the third on an 0-2 pitch from Wakefield, making it a four-run game. Alex Rodriguez added a solo homer, his 48th, in the fifth, also mashing an 0-2 Wakefield pitch.

Johnson loaded the bases after walking Johnny Damon with two outs in the second, but he struck out Edgar Renteria with a 94 mph fastball, stranding all three runners.

The left-hander settled in after the second, allowing two hits over his next four innings, striking out the side in the sixth. Tony Graffanino, who had three of Boston's five hits against Johnson, launched a solo homer in the seventh, but Johnson got the next two batters to maintain a 7-3 lead.

Up 8-3 after seven, Johnson got the first out in the eighth, retiring David Ortiz on his 123rd pitch of the day. Tom Gordon replaced Johnson, promptly allowing Ramirez's second homer of the game, but the reliever got the next two batters to move the game to the ninth.

Mariano Rivera closed out the win in a non-save situation, slamming the door with a scoreless ninth.

I'm a big Yankee fan, so I'm really happy right now
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2005, 04:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

A-Rod AL MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2005, 04:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
J-E-T-S

Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.
Send a message via Yahoo to Skill

Great

Exactly what they need another championship. I hate the Yankees so much. They are so boring to watch. Everybody already knows the outcome of the game.

I hope they get crushed in the first round.

Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2005, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Good. I'm happy to see them win the East. Its too bad to see the Indians blow the wildcard. The playoffs aren't looking to good for them right now. I would of loved to see the Red Sox not make the playoffs.
Old 01 Oct 2005, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

One thing though. How did the Yankees win the divison already with one game left still? If Boston were to win tomorrow they would have the same records. Someone please explain.
Old 01 Oct 2005, 04:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
J-E-T-S

Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.
Send a message via Yahoo to Skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
One thing though. How did the Yankees win the divison already with one game left still? If Boston were to win tomorrow they would have the same records. Someone please explain.
The yankees won and the indians lost so I think Boston has the wild card won or something like that. It could also be that the yankees have a better record against boston over the season winning 11 out of 19 games.

Not too sure though.

Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2005, 04:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Boston still has a chance to win the wildcard. I'm not to sure how it goes...I just really started to follow baseball.
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2005, 04:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Tribe and Red Sox are tied for the WC.
Old 01 Oct 2005, 04:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
Today a Cleveland loss, would clinch a playoff beth for the winning team. We won so that means we clinched the playoff spot and the A.L. east because we have a better season record against the Red Sox, this year. If Cleveland loses tomorrow no matter what the Red Sox do. The Red sox win the wild card. You only need extra playoff games for post season spots not positions.

So if the red sox lose and Cleveland wins, there will be an extra game Monday to determine the wild card.

Old 01 Oct 2005, 04:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Blair
Tribe and Red Sox are tied for the WC.
You sure? According to ESPN the BoSox have a game lead over the Indians.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standi...der=false&st=2
Old 01 Oct 2005, 04:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie
Today a Cleveland loss, would clinch a playoff beth for the winning team. We won so that means we clinched the playoff spot and the A.L. east because we have a better season record against the Red Sox, this year. If Cleveland loses tomorrow no matter what the Red Sox do. The Red sox win the wild card. You only need extra playoff games for post season spots not positions.

So if the red sox lose and Cleveland wins, there will be an extra game Monday to determine the wild card.
Alright cool. Thanks.
Old 01 Oct 2005, 07:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I still think the Sox will find their way to the World Series. Keep those Wild Card World Series Teams coming.
Old 01 Oct 2005, 09:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyskill
Great

Exactly what they need another championship. I hate the Yankees so much. They are so boring to watch. Everybody already knows the outcome of the game.

I hope they get crushed in the first round.

We Yankee fans love it when people like you say something like this. It makes us feel ahppy to know that we are the best....MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2005, 09:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Never Better

Troy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via MSN to Troy

Yankees >>>>> Red Sox
Indians >>>>> Red Sox
Angels >>>>> Red Sox

God I hate the Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Morrison on ECW, after CM Punk crashes into the announce table
.....I'd say he'd have to pay for that, but I don't think he can afford it.

Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2005, 01:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

"It's OK to say it. Don't worry about jinxing them. The 2005 Red Sox are going to win the American League East. By a landslide. Come late September, this is going to look like Secretariat at the Belmont in 1973." - Dan Shaughnessy, Boston Globe Columnist | June 26, 2005

Something in that dirty water?

BTW, Thanky you Dan Shaughnessy for jinxing them...