ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Giants, Jets new stadium

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Sep 2005, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default Giants, Jets new stadium

Giants, Jets reach agreement on new Meadowlands stadium

Sep. 29, 2005
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants and Jets have reached agreement on a deal for a new stadium in the Meadowlands.

The new facility will be built near Giants Stadium, which is currently home to both teams.

Acting Gov. Richard J. Codey announced the deal at a news conference Thursday, saying it would guarantee that both teams remain in New Jersey for the next 99 years.

Codey, appearing at Giants Stadium with the owners of both teams, said the Jets would also relocate their practice facility to New Jersey. He noted it will be the first time an NFL stadium will be jointly operated by two teams.

Specific details about the stadium plan are to be developed over the next several months.

Jets president Jay Cross estimated the cost would be more than $800 million, and Giants chief operating officer John K. Mara figured the new stadium will hold at least 80,000 spectators. The teams will be paying the cost of building the stadium and will share in the revenues.

Current plans envision a stadium on which a retractable roof could be added, Mara said.

Both teams -- as well as the NFL and New Jersey -- would like a roof, but the teams have said the $200 million cost is beyond them. A roof would allow the Super Bowl and college basketball Final Four to be played at the Meadowlands.

Regarding a roof, Codey said, "The state will not pay one penny for it."

The state agreed to help both teams find new practice facilities, although Mara said he hoped the Giants would be able to get a new location at the sports complex.

Mara said that while his family, a co-owner of the Giants, was sad that the stadium would have a new name, it would be necessary to sell naming rights in order to finance the project. He had no immediate estimate as to how much the naming rights would bring.

He said he hopes the facility could open for the 2009 season.
AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004-2005, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

http://cbs.sportsline.com/print/nfl/story/8907861
Old 29 Sep 2005, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Never Better

Troy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via MSN to Troy

Two teams sharing one stadium? Interesting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Morrison on ECW, after CM Punk crashes into the announce table
.....I'd say he'd have to pay for that, but I don't think he can afford it.

Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2005, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

One thing:

It's about fucking time. Giants Stadium is a piece of shit.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy
Two teams sharing one stadium? Interesting..
Giants and Jets have been doing this since the late 70s. Lakers and Clippers also do this.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 08:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Never Better

Troy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via MSN to Troy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Blair
Giants and Jets have been doing this since the late 70s. Lakers and Clippers also do this.
Oh yeah, I was confused about..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Blair
He noted it will be the first time an NFL stadium will be jointly operated by two teams.
My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Morrison on ECW, after CM Punk crashes into the announce table
.....I'd say he'd have to pay for that, but I don't think he can afford it.

Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2005, 08:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

my bad. I forgot the G-Men operate the stadium.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 08:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Why don't the Giants and Jets build a stadium in ya know, NEW YORK where they're "from". That would make sense.

Also, LMAO at "the teams have said the $200 million cost is beyond them" yet they also say, "the cost would be more than $800 million". If you can spend $800 mill for a stadium (whether or not the state is paying for it), then why can't you spend an extra $200 million? I'm sure the revenue that Final Fours and Super Bowls would generate would be more than enough to compensate for the extra spending.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2005, 08:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKzophrenic
Why don't the Giants and Jets build a stadium in ya know, NEW YORK where they're "from". That would make sense.
find a spot in New York....it's pretty much impossible. I don't know if you were following the 2012 Olympic bid race, but New York wanted to build a stadium in Manhatten that would host the Games, but it got rejected. The Jets and Giants would have played there. Trust me, they've been trying for a while, it's impossible.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 08:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangman
find a spot in New York....it's pretty much impossible. I don't know if you were following the 2012 Olympic bid race, but New York wanted to build a stadium in Manhatten that would host the Games, but it got rejected. The Jets and Giants would have played there. Trust me, they've been trying for a while, it's impossible.
Oh. I didn't know that
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2005, 08:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Yea, and they don't want to be called the "New Jersey Jets" because:

New York = money, big name internationally

New Jersey= a bunch of guys named Tony getting cemented to the bottom of the river.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 09:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangman
Then they need to stop the bullshit and call themselves the New Jersey Jets and New York Gargabemen.

If you can't find a spot in NYC, then tough shit, you can't be called "New York" then.

NOTE: I did read your follow-up post.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2005, 09:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by _UT_
Then they need to stop the bullshit and call themselves the New Jersey Jets and New York Gargabemen.

If you can't find a spot in NYC, then tough shit, you can't be called "New York" then.

NOTE: I did read your follow-up post.
So was it ok the the Lions were called the Detroit Lions during their stay at the Pontiac Silverdome?
Old 29 Sep 2005, 09:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Were they still in the same STATE as Detroit? Yes. Where they still in the general area of the city of Detroit? Yes.

Is the Meadowlands in the same state as New York City? No. It stops there and they should not be called "New York".

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2005, 10:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
So was it ok the the Lions were called the Detroit Lions during their stay at the Pontiac Silverdome?
Tons of teams play out of city. Pontiac wasn't that far anyways. Only like 30mins or so, right? I can't remember exactly. I haven't been there in awhile and its not like i'll be back there ever again...
Old 29 Sep 2005, 10:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

New York Jets (located in New Jersey, right across the river), is better than "LAAOA" or "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim". That's a fucking crock.