ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Jerry Rice Retires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Sep 2005, 07:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default Jerry Rice Retires

can't believe it wasn't posted, but it's all over the radio and the web. Rice was told he would be the 4th or 5th reciever for the Denver Broncos after the Preseason, and decided to hang it up.

Thoughts on Jerry Rice's decision and his career?
Old 05 Sep 2005, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

He should have retired three years ago... maybe earlier...
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2005, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Ya, he shoulda left on top with Young
Old 05 Sep 2005, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

It's about time. Jesus.
Old 05 Sep 2005, 09:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

seems like he could have made an impact for someone, but he has done it all, he deserves all respect.
Double K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2005, 10:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Never Better

Troy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via MSN to Troy

Notice how the truly great receivers are the quiet ones..

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Morrison on ECW, after CM Punk crashes into the announce table
.....I'd say he'd have to pay for that, but I don't think he can afford it.

Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2005, 01:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Jerry Rice is what all other recievers wish they were.

His name is synonomous with his position.

He is the definition of a LIVING LEGEND.

He is the very meaning of the word ICON.

I would have loved to see him stretch it out to a 25 yr career.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2005, 01:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
SC
ATWA

SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.

he should of retired on the niners
Old 07 Sep 2005, 12:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Rice is the greatest player ever.

RICE AT A GLANCE:
• A 13-time Pro Bowl wide receiver who enters his 21st NFL season as one of the most prolific players in pro football history and the statistical leader in nearly every career receiving category.
• Joined the Broncos after playing six games for Oakland and 11 for Seattle in 2004, recording 30 catches and his best yards-per-reception average (14.3) in nine years as one of only four players since 1933 to play 17 games in a single regular-season.
• Holds NFL records for career receptions (1,549), receiving yards (22,895),receiving touchdowns (197) and total touchdowns (208).
• Recorded more career yards from scrimmage (23,540) and combined yards (23,546) than any player in league annals.
• Totaled 38 career records, according to the NFL’s Record & Fact Book (16 regular season, 9 postseason, 11 Super Bowl and 2 Pro Bowl).
• Won three Super Bowls (XXIII, XXIV, XXIX) during 16 years (1985-2000) with San Francisco and advanced to one Super Bowl (XXXVII) in three full seasons (2001-03) with Oakland.
• Set an NFL single-season receiving yardage record in 1995 with 1,848 yards.
• Posted an NFL single-year best 22 touchdown catches in 1987.
• Caught a pass in an NFL-record 274 consecutive games from his rookie year in 1985 through September 2004.
• Recorded 100 or more yards receiving in an NFL-record 76 regular-season games along with a league-best eight postseason 100-yard receiving outputs.
• Owns an NFL-record 14 1,000-yard receiving seasons and a league-best four 100-catch seasons, including a record three consecutive 100-reception years from 1994-96.
• Selected by San Francisco in the first round (16th overall) of the 1985 NFL Draft after setting 18 NCAA Division II records at Mississippi Valley State University.

Oh, and to everyone who thinks he should have retired after SF, check his stats in 2 years at Oakland. He put up over 1,000 yrds his first 2 seasons and 16 freaking td's. '03 and '04 were a little on the downslide, but hell, he still did good enough. Just wasn't part of the game plan anymore.

If anyone deserves a one day retiring party with SF it's Rice. Thanks for the memories and everything you've contributed to the sport. Wish more players took after you're ethics and attitude.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2005, 12:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
'nuff said.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2005, 12:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
I don't quite agree. I agree that he is the greatest reciever of all time, but not the greatest player. It is so hard to determine the greatest player, because the positions are so different that it is almost impossible to compare them. I would have to give that title to Emmit Smith. For a running back to be so good for so long, i have a hard time not giving it to him. Rice was great though and a 1st ballot HOF.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2005, 12:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I don't quite agree. I agree that he is the greatest reciever of all time, but not the greatest player. It is so hard to determine the greatest player, because the positions are so different that it is almost impossible to compare them. I would have to give that title to Emmit Smith. For a running back to be so good for so long, i have a hard time not giving it to him. Rice was great though and a 1st ballot HOF.
Rice is the greatest player ever. PERIOD.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2005, 01:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Wolf, here's my reasoning.....

When you discuss the greatest running backs of all time, you can put Emmitt Smith, Jim Brown, Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders and Walter Payton in a group and have different people say Emmitt was the best, others would say Payton, others would say Jim Brown, still others would say Barry Sanders.....

When you discuss the greatest QB's.....Joe Montana, John Elway, Dan Marino, Brett Favre.....the same arguments could arise.....

But when you discuss the greatest receivers of all time, people will not argue that Jerry Rice is the greatest.....he holds so many records that are going to be held for a long time.....he defined the position for two decades.....when people were asked who they want as a receiver on their team, the first name that arose was Jerry Rice for over a decade.....

Jerry Rice would go across the middle for the tough catch, he was the possession guy......he would go deep on the fly.....the big play guy.....and then he would run the end around, being the little guy......so often, when Roger Craig was running, he ran behind the block of Jerry Rice over the weak side.....

I hate the Niners, and I most definitely hate the Raiders, so I am speaking solely from the point of a fan of the game of football.....Jerry Rice defined what a receiver should ever be, but more than that.....he defined what football players should be......he kept his mouth shut, signed his contracts and honored them.....he scored, celebrated and handed the ball to the official.....he never whined about his teammates in the media.....in short, Jerry Rice is what T.O., Moss and a host of others have wet dreams about.....he is the greatest NFL football player of all time, and I thank God I had the opportunity to watch him play......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2005, 06:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Jim Brown or Johnny Unitas is the greatest player IMO.

Rice should have retired after the Oakland/TB Super Bowl.
Old 07 Sep 2005, 07:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Highlight Send a message via Yahoo to Highlight

Rice is the greatest Athlete to ever be in the NFL and also the best WR ever.

I'd say i'd like to agree with Wolf but player doesn't just say skills.

When Emmitt was shipped off to Arizona, he was pissed.

When Jerry wasn't wanted any more on the Raiders, he didn't get mad. He just played.

Rice only complained when his Catch a game streak was done and he deserved to be mad. But it was only one day.

IMO Jim Brown OR Jerry Rice = Best NFL player ever.
Highlight is offline   Reply With Quote