ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Flyers sign Forsberg!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Aug 2005, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Flyers sign Forsberg!

Flyers land Forsberg

TSN.ca Staff

8/3/2005 6:47:00 PM

Peter Forsberg is going back where he started. TSN has learned that the Philadelphia Flyers have signed Forsberg to a two-year deal worth $10.7 million.

Forsberg will get $5.7 million in the first year of the deal and $5.0 in the second year.

Forsberg was orginally drafted by the Flyers, 6th overall, in 1991. He was then traded to the Quebec Nordiques in the Eric Lindros deal in 1992 before ever playing a game with Philadelphia.

Forsberg has 741 points in 580 NHL games. He was considered the top forward available in this off-season's free agent crop.
==============================

Damn. This is crazy. The Flyers are the clear cut favourites to win the cup this season.
Old 03 Aug 2005, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

So much for Bobby Clarke saying they were done yesterday.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2005, 08:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I didn't know they could have THAT much tied into Amonte and LeClaire

BTW, if your friend and mine Danny Snyder taught us, it's that big FA splashes doesn't really garuntee success.

Last edited by Dan Snyder; 03 Aug 2005 at 08:21 PM.
Dan Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2005, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Holy fuckin shit.

Mark my words, the Flyers will be the best team in the NHL this season. They arn't just gearing up for a good playoff run, they are gearing up for a Cup.

All they need is a consistant goalie, and they will be there.

Last edited by Spear; 03 Aug 2005 at 09:42 PM.
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2005, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

This fucking sucks ass for me

I hope the Avs at least keep Hejduk and Tanguay
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2005, 09:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKzophrenic
This fucking sucks ass for me

I hope the Avs at least keep Hejduk and Tanguay
They already lost a good defenceman in Adam Foote.
Old 03 Aug 2005, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
They already lost a good defenceman in Adam Foote.
I know!
Old 03 Aug 2005, 10:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

For Stick

Avalanche sign Brisebois, Turgeon

TSN.ca Staff

8/3/2005 9:04:54 PM

The Colorado Avalanche have signed defenceman Patrice Brisebois and centre Pierre Turgeon.

Brisebois, whose option was not picked up by the Montreal Canadiens, signed a 2 year deal with the Avalanche worth $4.5 million. He will earn $1.5 million this season and $3 million in 2005/06.

The 34-year-old, who has played his entire NHL career with the Canadiens, has tallied 79 goals and 263 assists in 791 NHL games.

He scored four goals and dished out 27 assists in 71 games with Montreal in 2003-04.

''Patrice Brisebois possesses the rare combination of size and skill and he represents a great addition for our organization heading into the new NHL,'' said Avalanche President and General Manager Pierre Lacroix.

Turgeon also signed a two-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

The 35-year-old is a 17-year NHL veteran having played for Buffalo, NY Islanders, Montreal, St. Louis and most recently, the Dallas Stars. A veteran of 1,215 NHL games, Turgeon is five goals away from his 500th career goal.

''We're pleased to be able to add a player of Turgeon's caliber to our lineup,'' said Lacroix. ''We expect the new rules and new dynamics of today's NHL will allow a player of his skill to be a strong addition to our team.''

''I had the opportunity to coach him in St. Louis for several years,'' said Avalanche Head Coach Joel Quenneville. ''He's a great playmaker and will help us in all phases of our game.''

http://tsn.ca/tools/print_story.asp?id=132350
Old 03 Aug 2005, 11:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Fuck Turgeon. He's on the decline. I don't know why they're wasting money on him.