ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Flyers sign Hatcher

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Aug 2005, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Flyers sign Hatcher

Flyers reportedly will sign three big defensemen

ESPN.com news services

The Philadelphia Flyers have made a strong move to boost their defense.

A league source has confirmed to ESPN that the Flyers have agreed to multiyear deals with defensemen Derian Hatcher and Mike Rathje, both listed at 6-foot-5.

The Flyers have called a 1 p.m. ET news conference Tuesday, saying they'll announce the signings of "several free agents."

Rogers Sportsnet of Canada reports that the Flyers have also agreed to deals with Chris Therien (also 6-5) and forward Jon Sim.

The 33-year-old Hatcher, a former Dallas Stars captain, signed with Detroit as a free agent before the 2003-04 season. Considered at the time to be one of the best all-around defensemen in the league, the big, bruising Hatcher had little impact with his hometown team, tearing a knee ligament in the third game and missing the majority of that season.
=====================================

I wonder how much money Hatcher is getting...hmmm

But damn, what a horrible off season for my Stars so far. Both Hatcher and Nieuwendyk are gone. Modano is probably gone too. This really, really sucks. This is the worst offseason for me since I can remember.
Old 02 Aug 2005, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Sucks that the Wings lost him.

Rules that the Flyers got him.

Go Flyers.
Old 02 Aug 2005, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Like I said earlier, I was shocked that Detroit did release Derian
Old 02 Aug 2005, 01:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Blair
Like I said earlier, I was shocked that Detroit did release Derian
He was making alot of money. He wasn't worth the 5 million or whatever it was Detroit was going to have to pay him. I would take him back on the Stars any day, but he's really slow now (and he's already a slow skater to begin with) and really isn't the same player he was back in 99 and 00.

I'm just really intrested in what he's making in Philly.
Old 02 Aug 2005, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
He was making alot of money. He wasn't worth the 5 million or whatever it was Detroit was going to have to pay him. I would take him back on the Stars any day, but he's really slow now (and he's already a slow skater to begin with) and really isn't the same player he was back in 99 and 00.

I'm just really intrested in what he's making in Philly.
True that, he is also a Michigan native....just like Mike Modano.

If this counts for anything, Yzerman reupped for a year with Detroit.
Old 02 Aug 2005, 04:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
True that, he is also a Michigan native....just like Mike Modano.

If this counts for anything, Yzerman reupped for a year with Detroit.
Yzerman will contribute no matter how old he is. Even if he can't do anything, he's an inspiration to the team. Plus it's nice to see him go out the right way, instead of a lockout ending his carrer.

BTW, the Flyers are my pick to win the Stanly Cup this year.
Old 02 Aug 2005, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Yzerman will contribute no matter how old he is. Even if he can't do anything, he's an inspiration to the team. Plus it's nice to see him go out the right way, instead of a lockout ending his carrer.

As long as Bob Clarke is a Flyer GM, Lord Stanley will never see Broad Street.
Old 02 Aug 2005, 07:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
I don't know. They have one hell of a team.
Old 02 Aug 2005, 09:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:

I was really suprised to see him re-sign. Yzerman will go down as one of the greatest platers of all time. But like what you said, it would of been sad to see him retire right after the lockout and not being able to go out at the end of an actual season.

Quote:
lmao.

Bob Clarke is a complete idiot, but they are loading up this season. But its always their goaltending that screws them in the end. And right now I can't even think who they have in net right now...
Old 02 Aug 2005, 09:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
I was really suprised to see him re-sign. Yzerman will go down as one of the greatest platers of all time. But like what you said, it would of been sad to see him retire right after the lockout and not being able to go out at the end of an actual season.

lmao.

Bob Clarke is a complete idiot, but they are loading up this season. But its always their goaltending that screws them in the end. And right now I can't even think who they have in net right now...
They will probably sign Cujo or something after the Wings release him. Either that, or get him like mid-way or something. I don't think he will last too much longer here in Detroit. Nothin he can do can satisfy the fans here. He has a great game, nobody hears about it. He fucks up royaly, everybody down to the newborns know about it. Plus we are asking for blood for Legacy to start.
Old 02 Aug 2005, 09:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
They will probably sign Cujo or something after the Wings release him. Either that, or get him like mid-way or something. I don't think he will last too much longer here in Detroit. Nothin he can do can satisfy the fans here. He has a great game, nobody hears about it. He fucks up royaly, everybody down to the newborns know about it. Plus we are asking for blood for Legacy to start.
They were suppose to sign Cujo back before the Lafs signed him. Bobby really dropped the ball on that one because if he would of signed him then they would of won a cup by now.
Old 02 Aug 2005, 10:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
They were suppose to sign Cujo back before the Lafs signed him. Bobby really dropped the ball on that one because if he would of signed him then they would of won a cup by now.
No doubt about it.
Old 03 Aug 2005, 06:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Let It Roll

You know what I just thought of?

Even though it won't happen anymore, but it would of been funny to see Hatcher and Roenick on the same team. I even find it weird that Roenick was one or two players to call Bobby Clarke and tell him to sign Hatcher.
Old 03 Aug 2005, 08:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Quote:
You know what I just thought of?

Even though it won't happen anymore, but it would of been funny to see Hatcher and Roenick on the same team. I even find it weird that Roenick was one or two players to call Bobby Clarke and tell him to sign Hatcher.
Speaking of JR, he is now a LA King. Maybe he can get his post playing career into swing there. He would make an EXCELLENT commentator.
Old 03 Aug 2005, 09:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Speaking of JR, he is now a LA King. Maybe he can get his post playing career into swing there. He would make an EXCELLENT commentator.
He's a King? Huh? What did I miss?