ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

R.Williams reports into Dolphins Training Camp.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jul 2005, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Highlight Send a message via Yahoo to Highlight
Default R.Williams reports into Dolphins Training Camp.

Updated: July 25, 2005, 4:07 PM ET
Ricky 'regretful that people were hurt' by retirement
AP

Lining up for his first play since the 2003 season, Williams took a handoff from Gus Frerotte and ran 20 yards to the end zone. But there was no defense on the field, and Williams is sure to meet stiffer resistance in the weeks to come as he tries to regain favor and reclaim a starting job.

At a team meeting Sunday after players reported for camp, Williams spoke briefly and apologized for the impact caused by his retirement a year ago. The Dolphins went on to finish 4-12, their worst season since the 1960s.

Williams reiterated his comments at a news conference after the first practice.

"There were things about life that I wanted to explore outside of football, and I had never had the chance," he said. "I realize by making that decision, I affected the team in a negative way and upset a lot of fans. I'm very regretful that people were hurt in the process of me doing that. I do realize that to a lot of people it comes off as being very selfish. So I do offer an apology to all the people who were negatively impacted."

Williams said he no longer smokes marijuana but declined to discuss the subject further. He faces a four-game suspension at the start of the season for violating the NFL substance abuse policy.

His apology seemed to satisfy teammates, including center Seth McKinney, who a year ago called him a quitter.

"In the team meeting, he did what he had to do," McKinney said. "He's a man about it. We're all being men about it. Nobody is holding any grudges. We all want him back. He's a great player."

Most fans attending practice shared that sentiment. Nearly a thousand turned out in humid, 85-degree sunshine, and when Williams ran toward the stands as a pass decoy they cheered, coaxing a grin from him.

Williams smiled again later when he stepped to a lectern to answer questions from a cluster of reporters, never his favorite activity and something he hadn't done in 19 months.

When asked why he decided to return to the NFL, Williams hesitated.

"Why? Why? I don't know," he said, prompting snickers. "I've been away doing my own thing, studying a lot of alternate theories about life. To go into that answer -- it can't be picked up in a sound byte or easily understood. So the best way I can think of to put it is that I'm back here to work."

Williams' return overshadowed Nick Saban on the new coach's first day of camp. It was Saban who reached out to Williams in January, laying the groundwork for the running back's comeback.

Saban acknowledged doubts about Williams' commitment.

"Look, we're kind of in the risk-taking business," Saban said. "I've talked to the team about it. I think everybody is accepting of his ability and respectful of him as a competitor. I think everybody is anxious to see that he is committed and to evaluate his level of commitment."

After leaving the Dolphins last July, Williams lived in a tent in Australia, studied holistic medicine at a California school and spent a month at a yoga center in India, becoming certified as an instructor. He lost 30 pounds on a vegetarian diet and took the field Monday at 213, well below his listed weight of 226 on the 2004 preseason roster.

A court found the 1998 Heisman Trophy winner in breach of contract by retiring, and ordered him to repay the team $8.6 million. The Dolphins have not yet sought to collect the settlement.

Because Williams sat out last season, he's due only the NFL minimum $540,000 this year. Agent Leigh Steinberg said financial issues related to Williams' return can be addressed later.

"The first step, miraculously, is that Ricky's here," Steinberg said. "Let the healing process begin."

So.

Over/Under- 1000 Yards this season for R.Williams.
Over/Under- 8 wins for the Dolphins this season.
Highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2005, 05:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Over/Under- 1000 Yards this season for R.Williams.

Under, he's been out a year, and they have a rookie to step in.

Over/Under- 8 wins for the Dolphins this season.

Under, they still have to passing game, and their defense is still getting older.

It is shameful they welcomed him back. He turned on them.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2005, 07:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I still expect Ronnie Brown to get most of the workload,maybe they can put him and Ricky in the same backfield to change things up.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 08:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

He will run for 1,500 yards, Dolphins will narrowly make the playoffs, and it will all seem like nothing happened.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One
I still expect Ronnie Brown to get most of the workload,maybe they can put him and Ricky in the same backfield to change things up.
Ya I am really hoping they dont misuse Brown. The two of them in the same backfield sounds nice.

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote