ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

News just given to me by Mod at 2k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jul 2005, 02:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Highlight Send a message via Yahoo to Highlight
Default News just given to me by Mod at 2k.

Supposedly this is how it goes.

Phil Nevin is being traded by the San Diego Padres to the Baltimore Orioles for none other than Sidney Ponson. Nevin must waive his no trade clause but I guess he says he wants it but it's really damn late here so i'm questioning that.

Also Joe Randa of the Cincinnati Reds to the San Diego Padres also for I believe TWO first round draft picks in the future.

Don't say you heard it from me if it doesn't end up true.
Highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2005, 02:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

The Randa deal is for two minors pitching prospects, the rest is right. Man I love it when something is on ESPN news as I am reading it.

I love the Nevin deal, the O's aquire a guy whose like 34 I believe and his ginormous contract. Just makes me happy to see bad things happen to them. Plus, they lose a starting pitcher, there ace no less, and get no pitching in return. What some dumb fucks. They didn't help themselves, they already had a great offense, they needed pitching. PLUS, they could've gotten a good bat (well, not this year, but in the past) in Mike Lowell along with AJ Burnett to fill their need for an ace. The deal the O's needed to make was with the Marlins, this deal just screws them further and drops them out of the East and WC races IMO.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2005, 02:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDAWG
The Randa deal is for two minors pitching prospects, the rest is right. Man I love it when something is on ESPN news as I am reading it.

I love the Nevin deal, the O's aquire a guy whose like 34 I believe and his ginormous contract. Just makes me happy to see bad things happen to them. Plus, they lose a starting pitcher, there ace no less, and get no pitching in return. What some dumb fucks. They didn't help themselves, they already had a great offense, they needed pitching. PLUS, they could've gotten a good bat (well, not this year, but in the past) in Mike Lowell along with AJ Burnett to fill their need for an ace. The deal the O's needed to make was with the Marlins, this deal just screws them further and drops them out of the East and WC races IMO.

Ok then.

Well you know your stuff. Many people would just go to thinking that just because Baltimore got Nevin, it means they'll be back in the race. They may stay there but if they don't do it this year, they don't do it FOR A LONG TIME.

Personally i'm thinking Burnett and Lowell will go to Pittsburgh. Gut feeling and once again, Friend who is crazy with this stuff.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

If you weren't such a fucking idiot, you could of gone to a real sports site like espn and found this trade like five hours before you posted it. You act like you have some inside sources or some shit.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 09:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
If you weren't such a fucking idiot, you could of gone to a real sports site like espn and found this trade like five hours before you posted it. You act like you have some inside sources or some shit.
I could've gone to Espn. But usually since I don't use a router with my modem and I don't like to go on the comp *USUALLY* in the morning when I wake up, I just espn then. I got it from a mod at 2k. So what...?
Old 24 Jul 2005, 01:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T.T.
Personally i'm thinking Burnett and Lowell will go to Pittsburgh. Gut feeling and once again, Friend who is crazy with this stuff.
That would make Pittsburgh better, so it won't happen. Besides, Pittsburgh isn't willing to spend another penny to even try and be a .500 team.

According to MLB.com, Nevin isn't going anywhere.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2005, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

Things are about to start getting confusing as the trade deadline approaches.
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote