ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Chargers 'premium' ticket policy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jul 2005, 09:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
rolleyes Chargers 'premium' ticket policy

From the San Diego Union-Tribune:
Chargers 'premium' ticket policy irks fans

By Kevin Acee
STAFF WRITER

July 21, 2005

It is the sign of a successful team, a sign of the times. It is also a business decision that may have political ramifications. When the Chargers put single-game tickets on sale Saturday, fans wanting to attend games against four "premium opponents" must also buy tickets to two other games, including one exhibition.

A family of four wanting to attend the season opener against the Dallas Cowboys or games against the Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Giants or Oakland Raiders will have to spend at least $792. That's because that family will actually be buying 12 tickets four tickets to three different games.

The new policy has caused some fans to take their hands off their wallets and set their fingers to typing angry e-mails. "Perfect," Chargers fan Greg Sloan said via e-mail, "get rid of the ticket guarantee but continue to alienate the average fan by requiring them to purchase tickets to three games, including one meaningless exhibition game. Good luck getting support for the new stadium. . . . Chargers management continues to turn the average fan away. I wonder if they really do want to stay in San Diego."
Old 21 Jul 2005, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Smooth move San Dieago.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 12:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

Yea, real smooth.
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2005, 01:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

They do this in the college ranks.

For example, if you want a seat in the Student section at a Duke game, you have to buy tickets to one of their football games.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 04:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Highlight Send a message via Yahoo to Highlight

Already got mine.
Highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2005, 04:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Blair
They do this in the college ranks.

For example, if you want a seat in the Student section at a Duke game, you have to buy tickets to one of their football games.
Why would anybody wanna go to a Duke FOOTBALL game?!? Well, I would...to watch em lose.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2005, 08:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I don't care, I get season tickets anyway.

The problem here started because of Raiders fans in LA coming to the games and killing people. Yep, they would stab and cause problems all over the stadium. It was ridiculous and it was costing the team a ton of money. They had to triple the security in the stadium, set up huge metal detectors and check every single person, set up road security and put cops all over the place and tons of other special situations because a bunch of asshole gangsta wannabes from LA were nearly having a riot at every game. So the chargers said, "If you want to buy a ticket to the Faiders game, you have to buy a ticket to 2 other games." The idea being, who the fuck would buy tickets to 3 games if they only wanted to go to 1 and thus keep the assholes from causing a problem. It's mostly working.

The Chargers forgave a huge ticket garantee with the city. It's saving the city a ton of cash (even though San Diego has become one of the worst run city's in the country, but I digress). They did this before last season, before anybody even wanted to go see them.

Anyways, this faider ticket policy has spread over to 4 other games. The season opener, the MNF game against the Steelers, the much anticipated thrashing of Sheli Manning, and the regular special game against the Raiders. These games will sell out anyway, so they alotted them as part of package. Big fucking deal.

How hard is it to get tickets to a Packer game? You wait for 20 years and then have to buy tickets for the whole season??? Put things in perspective.

The thousand or so "average" fans who aren't going to be able to see one of these games in person still has the luxery of going to any of the other 4. That's right, they still have a choice. The poor family of 4 who can only afford a $200.00 evening can still do it. If pissing off a handfull of bandwagon fans is all it takes to pack a stadium full of diehards for a couple nationally telivised games, then I'm all for it. None of these people gave a fuck for the last ten years when they were trying to kick the team out of SD anyway, I certainly don't see any reason to reward them now. That sad family of 4 who can't go to the first MNF game in a decade will just have to kiss my ass since it's something I've been waiting years to go to. And the last goddamned time there was a fire and they moved it to Arizona on me.

Belive me when I say that those 4 games are going to be sold out on Sat anyway. Hell, I bet 3 of them allready are. Mini-pack tickets to those games have been on sale for a while now.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2005, 10:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDAWG
Why would anybody wanna go to a Duke FOOTBALL game?!? Well, I would...to watch em lose.
The thinking is that Duke football needs the revenue more than Duke basketball does. The most coveted seats in a Duke basketball game is where the Cameron Crazies sit. So if you buy tickets to a football game, your chance to get a student seat improve.