ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

The New NHLPA Logo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jul 2005, 02:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default The New NHLPA Logo

Here is the new NHLPA logo:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg NHLPA.jpg (44.6 KB, 27 views)
Old 18 Jul 2005, 02:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

It's nice to see they have finally come to their sences.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 02:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

If they can do a logo that shows a person fucking themselves in the ass, then that can be the owners' logo. I still can't believe that Philly gave Chris Freaking Gratton $10 Million his first year in Philly.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2005, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
If they can do a logo that shows a person fucking themselves in the ass, then that can be the owners' logo. I still can't believe that Philly gave Chris Freaking Gratton $10 Million his first year in Philly.

Late.
What is even more ridiculous is players like Holik and Kasparaitis getting 9 million a year contracts. But hey, you have to give third line players like that credit for being able to soak that much money out of the owners.

I honestly can't remember when Gratton signed that contract so I can't really comment on what kind of market was out there for a player like him. Although I can remember a few years ago when all those huge signings were happening with Guerin, Holik, and Kasparaitis. Anyone that can remember will tell you that NY way over paid. Actually, anyone can tell you there not worth even close to that. But there wasn't much of a market for those two to begin with. So it doesn't make much sense why NY would go out and pay that much for them. The only two teams that were big spenders that offseason was Dallas and New York. It just doesn't make sense why Holik would of got that kind of money when any other team would of probably gave him 6 at the most.

That picture is just making fun of the players because they signed a deal that was against everything they were fighting for back in September. They didn't want a cap. Well there's a cap. They didn't want a link between revenue and salery (i think thats what it was...) and its in the new CBA. They didn't want the rookie salery to be low. Well its low. There's so many other things too.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Hey...Billy Guerin's a damn fine hockey player...just cause he's American...j/k

Kasparitis is a top shelf defensemen, but $9 Mil a year is a tad bit outrageous for a guy who basically checks people and occasionally has to move the puck into the zone.

Holik is nothing more than a role player, and he's very good in those spots, but he's not nearly $9 Mil a year good.

Yeah, the owners fucked themselves in the ass, and because the players were too busy counting their money, now they have to take it up the stinkpipe too.

Cluster Fuck if I've ever seen one.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2005, 03:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Hey...Billy Guerin's a damn fine hockey player...just cause he's American...j/k
I like Guerin alot. I even have an authentic jersey with his name on the back. But he never really lived up to the hype in Dallas. He played alot better in Edmonton and Boston. But I still want him on the team extremly bad.

I was worried that he was going to get bought out, but it doesn't look like it anymore. Actually, it doesn't look like alot of players with huge contracts will be bought out. Check this out:

From the Toronto Star --

If a player has just the 2005-06 season remaining on his contract, he can be bought out at two-thirds of his salary without it counting against the cap. If his contract extends beyond next season, a portion of the buyout in subsequent years will go against the cap. That will hamper the New York Rangers if they want to buy out Bobby Holik or Darius Kasparaitis.

So that means if Dallas were to buy Guerin out it would cost them about 5million against the cap next season. So whats the point of releasing him when you could keep him for only a couple million more?
Old 18 Jul 2005, 06:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:

Late.
Chris Gratton was never a bad player, but he ain't worth 10 million.

Speaking of Holik, I remember him wanting the same money out of New Jersey, but Lou did not budge. One of the best decisions he ever made, IMO.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

I haven't heard definite word yet. But has hockey been officially confirmed for next season coming up.
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2005, 09:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecoldfan777
I haven't heard definite word yet. But has hockey been officially confirmed for next season coming up.
Its official, but not official yet...if you know what I mean.

Basically the deal is done and everyone is just reading it over and working out any kinks. There will be hockey this season.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 10:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
Its official, but not official yet...if you know what I mean.

Basically the deal is done and everyone is just reading it over and working out any kinks. There will be hockey this season.
I hate to think negative, but I'm guessing the NHLPA will find something to gripe about that will take out another 1/3 of the season.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 10:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
I hate to think negative, but I'm guessing the NHLPA will find something to gripe about that will take out another 1/3 of the season.
Nope...won't happen. Its a done deal.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 11:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

Well that's good for hockey fans.
Old 19 Jul 2005, 05:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
YOU SCREWED MATT

I am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improve

This seemed more appropriate.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg NHLPA.jpg (86.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 19 Jul 2005, 06:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

Lol
Old 19 Jul 2005, 06:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
YOU SCREWED MATT

I am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improve

It would have been better, but Im strapped on time. But you all get the idea. :lol: