ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Big East Preview

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jul 2005, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Big East Preview

Here is my 2005 preview of the Big East football conference.

1. Louisville 9-2 5-2-They have great recievers, good running backs, and a quarterback that can get the job done for the offense. The defense is still just as good as the good defense that was there last year. Overall, look for a very good season for the Cardinals, possibly just as good or even better than last year.
2. Pittsburgh 9-2 5-2-Offense should have no problem at all with a good quarterback, great receivers, and a great freshman running back. The defense should be pretty good and be able to hold up their end of the bargon. Overall, Pittsburgh should have a great breakout year.
3. West Virgina 7-4 5-2-Offense could struggle with and unexperienced quarterback and recievers, however they do have really good running backs and a veteran offensive line. The defense should be sharp, despite some holes to fill. Overall, the UWV Mountaineers should have a good season.
4. Connecticut 6-5 5-2-The team has a good offense with incredible running backs, and a defense that is above average. Overall, the Huskies should have no trouble at all getting into a bowl game this season.
5. Syracuse 5-6 3-4-They have an offense, that if can be consistent, can run with most teams, and on defense, if you look on the brightside, it can really only get better. If the Orange can become consistent, they have a shot at a bowl game.
6. Cincinnati 5-6 2-5-The offense could shine if the young red-shirt freshman quarterback comes around and if the defense can deep them in games, they could do fine. Overall, if them team can execute, the Bearcats have an outside shot at earning a bowl game.
7. Rutgers 3-8 2-5-The Scarlet Knights need to be consistent, but I just don't see that happening.
8. South Florida 3-8 2-5-This team could be bowl elegible, just not in the Big East.

I hope you enjoy, I'll be back soon with more. Thank you.

Last edited by what777; 18 Jul 2005 at 02:48 AM.
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2005, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

Big east preview- Bunch of undeserving Div 1 1/2 A schools who should not be gaurenteed a automatic BCS bowl game. Loisville will dominate the conference. Thank god they are a decent team. I can't take another team like Pitt getting in because of a gurenteed spot. I can take it if the win the at large bid. That at least mean they got some respect, but no team like that should ever be guarenteed a spot in a BCS bowl by default because nobody in their conference is worth a damn. Hell that confenrence sucked when miami and VT were there. What good is a two team conference?

Ok rant off.

By the way, are you doing a SEC prev? If so i can't wait to see it. I liked all the other ones.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2005, 11:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

SEC will be soon, but right now I'm in the middle of researching my PAC-10 Preview. The PAC-10 should be up in an hour or two.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 11:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Louisville will not lose two Big East Games..Thats Laughable.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 12:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

I think that Pittsburgh and West Virgina have a shot, and good teams tend to lose that one game that makes you scratch your head.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 12:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Louisville is a Rose Bowl Sleeper if things Pan out right.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 01:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

they very well could be
Old 18 Jul 2005, 02:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Speaking of the Cards and the BCS, I just thought of a VERY nightmarish scenario for the BCS.

Assume USC runs the table and is in the Rose Bowl.

Now Louisville runs the table as well. However, the winners of the Ohio State/Michigan, Texas/Oklahoma and Miami/FSU games each have one loss. Keep in mind that the Big 10, Big XII and ACC are MUCH tougher than the Big East.

If this plays out, do you think the public will agree that a 0 loss Big East team is better than a 1 loss team from the Big 10, Big XIII and ACC?

Speaking of the NBE, I think this league has potential...big time in football. Just about every team is in a good recruiting area, there are capable coaches on every team and keeping that BCS bid will do wonders in recruiting. In 2010, this could be a VERY good league.

Last edited by Dan Snyder; 18 Jul 2005 at 02:30 AM.
Dan Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2005, 02:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

I think that the 1 loss team would make it, but people will get angry and say..."well the cardinals should be there"

My 100th Post

Last edited by what777; 18 Jul 2005 at 02:48 AM.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 03:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Love the avatar man. I miss Sam Mills.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 09:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

I watched a tribute to him on the NFL Network, and it was great the way they showed how great he coached as well. And on a side note, good luck for Mark Fields on battling his cancer.