ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Raffi Palmeiro..HoF??
View Poll Results: Does Raffi Palmeiro belong in the Hall of Fame?
Yes. 8 80.00%
No. 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jul 2005, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant
 
The Glue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Pushing toward Visari Square...
Posts: 14,508
Rep Power: 6466
The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Raffi Palmeiro..HoF??

Poll: Do you think Raffi belongs in the Hall Of Fame when he retires?? Do you have any particular argument for your opinion?? Simple votes with no explaination are welcome, but I'm curious to see where PWFers come out on this. I'll vote and post mine later.

Late.
__________________


People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2005, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Wherever Joe Gibbs is
Posts: 5,115
Rep Power: 45
Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default

Yes. 500+ HRs and 3000 Hits are usually the bare minimum.
__________________
Dan Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2005, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: PG Reppin'
Posts: 28,819
Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Rep Power: 7819
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default

I didn't really have an opinion either way, but I read Skip Bayless' article on espn.com and I agree with him.

Yeah he has really good numbers, but he hasn't done anything in the post season, he hasn't really won any kind of major award, etc.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2005, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath
 
Stephie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: on a Little Rock
Posts: 7,119
Rep Power: 908
Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie
Default

3000 hits and 500+ home runs. He is the 4th player to do that, of course he should be in the hall of fame.I'm a yankee fan and how you do in the play offs means alot to us, but in this case it shouldn't matter...
__________________
"I wanted to destory something beautiful"

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2005, 04:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
Spear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Taylorville, IL
Posts: 11,017
Rep Power: 2503
Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Blair
Yes. 500+ HRs and 3000 Hits are usually the bare minimum.
Remember, one more year, and he might just be in that club of 3000 Hits, and 600 HRs.

This should be a given.
__________________
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2005, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
darkpimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 330
Rep Power: 16
darkpimp is on a distinguished road
Default

yes he's been so consitant for so long. and baseball is a team game and he has great # but the teams he's played for are shit you can't hold that against him
__________________
darkpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2005, 08:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nothing for now.
 
_UT_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,252
Rep Power: 58
_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_
Default

Yes he belongs. He has always been a good hitter. Hell his career average is .289. He hits for power and average. His munber of walks and strikeouts are almost even. He isn't a strikeout king. I don't think he had struckout 100 times in a season more than three or four times. And for a little sugar coating, he can play good solid defense.

Post season should mean nothing for Raffi.
Other than 2002, what had Bonds done in the post season? And they'll probably vote him in.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue totally owning and exposing EXO

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...


I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2005, 10:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath
 
Stephie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: on a Little Rock
Posts: 7,119
Rep Power: 908
Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie
Default

Not only does he deserve to be hall of fame, he deserves to be first ballot...
__________________
"I wanted to destory something beautiful"

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2005, 11:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51
 
what777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Greenville,SC
Posts: 2,267
Rep Power: 312
what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default

He is in an exclusive club of three other Hall of Famers, why shouldn't he be in.
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2005, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant
 
The Glue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Pushing toward Visari Square...
Posts: 14,508
Rep Power: 6466
The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default

We all know that statistics rotisserie geeks drive the spread on all sports and in no sport are statistics analyzed, re analyzed and then analyzed some more with the same intensity as baseball...

But do 20 years of average to very good seasons merit the Hall of Fame??

As STICK would know Skip Bayless (and Jim Rome before him) has said, It's the Hall of Fame, and not the Hall of Very Good. If you have to make an argument, then there isn't one.

Personally, my feeling is that if Raffy goes in to the Hall, then Selig should invoke a Commissioner's Exception and induct Pete Rose. If Palmeiro is going to get in because he's been not great over a span of time, but consistently good for almost two decades, and statistics then become a determining factor in HoF inductees, then you can't keep Pete out. He belongs.

If stats and stats alone will get Raffy into the HoF, and let's not fool ourselves, the guy is nothing but 20 years worth of average to really good stats, then it'd be hypocritical to even allow Pete Rose to not be listed in there.

Late.
__________________


People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2005, 04:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Nothing for now.
 
_UT_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,252
Rep Power: 58
_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_
Default

Intesting POV Glue.

Speaking of Rose, by your logic shoulf Ty Cobb ever have been elected in?

Rose would be in if he didn't bullshit around with his gambling anyway.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue totally owning and exposing EXO

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...


I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2005, 09:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51
 
what777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Greenville,SC
Posts: 2,267
Rep Power: 312
what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default

Glue does make a very good point, but here is another Hall of Fame argument. Does Ken Griffey Jr. deserve to be in the hall.
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2005, 11:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master Sergeant
 
The Glue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Pushing toward Visari Square...
Posts: 14,508
Rep Power: 6466
The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _UT_
Intesting POV Glue.

Speaking of Rose, by your logic shoulf Ty Cobb ever have been elected in?
Cobb was the kind of asshole that makes Barry Bonds look like Tom Hanks. However Ty has some of the most gargantuan hitting stats ever. There's no way you could keep Ty out unless there was a morality clause or something, but then we'd lose about half the HoF.

I'm still on the fence about Raffy. I voted no, but next year he will have 3,000 and 600 so...

It's very hard to argue with that.

Late.
__________________


People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2005, 12:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: PG Reppin'
Posts: 28,819
Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Rep Power: 7819
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Cobb was the kind of asshole that makes Barry Bonds look like Tom Hanks. However Ty has some of the most gargantuan hitting stats ever. There's no way you could keep Ty out unless there was a morality clause or something, but then we'd lose about half the HoF.

I'm still on the fence about Raffy. I voted no, but next year he will have 3,000 and 600 so...

It's very hard to argue with that.

Late.
That's going against your argument of having 'good' stats every year....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2005, 01:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Sergeant
 
The Glue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Pushing toward Visari Square...
Posts: 14,508
Rep Power: 6466
The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKzophrenic
That's going against your argument of having 'good' stats every year....
Yeah and I've thought very long on it but 600 homers and 3,000 hits. That's a lot. It's not quite like Lynn Swann getting in w/ a hair over 5,000 yards receiving; that's a damn fine career. I'm still on the fence. If I had to vote, I'd probably still go 'no' but it's hard to argue against what he may very well have accomplished by this time next year.

He still ain't done shit though. No MVP...no World Series...never the 'driving force' on any team he's played on...you almost have to wonder how the hell he put those numbers up in relative anonymity. Then you realize...oh yeah, he was playing before I had pubes.

Late.
__________________


People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.

Attribution:
Powered by Yahoo Answers



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.