ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Two quick hits in Alex's dishonor...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jul 2005, 08:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Two quick hits in Alex's dishonor...

A-Rod spoils Schilling's return
Associated Press
Posted: 3 minutes ago

BOSTON (AP) - There was no blood on Curt Schilling's sock when he faced the New York Yankees this time.

No bite on his splitter, either.

With the sore-ankled hero of Boston's 2004 World Series run debuting in his new job as a reliever, Alex Rodriguez hit a two-run homer to break a ninth-inning tie and New York beat the Red Sox 8-6 Thursday night.

The Yankees won for the eighth time in nine tries to pull within 1 1/2 games of first place in the AL East, the closest they've been to the division lead since winning at Fenway Park on April 13.

"I believe this game, we don't win it the first two or three months of the year," Rodriguez said. "It shows you how far we've come."

Cameras flashed and the sold-out crowd stood to cheer for Schilling in the sixth when he went out to the bullpen, where he's been shifted to fill a need while closer Keith Foulke recovers from knee surgery. The fans gave him another standing ovation when he came in to pitch the ninth.

But Schilling (1-3) gave up a dart of a double to Gary Sheffield to start the inning - his third extra-base hit of the game - then Rodriguez homered over the bleachers in left-center on the first pitch.

"I don't know if I liked it, I just swung hard in case I hit it," Rodriguez said.

Curt Schilling had not relieved regularly since 1992, when the Phillies first promoted him to the rotation. (Winslow Townson / Associated Press)

Schilling, who had been on the disabled list since April 23, retired the next three batters to complete his first relief appearance since a late-season tuneup in 2002.

"It was set up to be a situation that was great, if I did what I was supposed to do," Schilling said. "I made two big mistakes back-to-back. ... It's frustrating, disappointing."
================================================== =======

Because I know it's just a matter of time before you come in and try to piss me off any cheap way you can Alex...In advance of that I'd just like to ask...it's 9:51am the day after and A-Rod's Home Run Blast still hasn't landed yet. Fuck the Red Sox, Fuck Schilling and his damn ankle.

And to round out our double header:

Report: Bonds not sure about his return
FOXSports.com
Posted: 1 hour ago

Barry Bonds is still working to get himself back in the Giants' lineup. But even he is not sure if that will happen this season, according to an MLB.com report.

Bonds wasn't with the Giants when the team began its four-game series with the Dodgers on Thursday night in L.A., and he has yet to resume any baseball activities.

"I don't know right now when I'm going to be back," he reportedly told Major League Baseball's official Web site. "And right now I don't know if I'm going to be back at all this year."

The Giants slugger continues to rehab his surgically repaired right knee at L.A.'s Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic. He's been working out since June 24 in the West L.A. clinic under the guidance of physical therapist Clive Brewster.

Just 10 days ago, Giants' assistant GM Ned Colletti said Bonds was likely to rejoin the team for the series with the Dodgers following the All-Star break, pending a medical evaluation.

But Colletti's tune changed Thursday night as he stated that Bonds was given the option to come to Dodger Stadium with the Giants if he so wished.

Colletti doesn't expect Bonds travel back to San Francisco with the team when it opens a six-game home series against the Braves and Marlins starting Monday.

"If there was any baseball work he would've been here," Colletti said. "But without the baseball work, I don't expect to see him."

Bonds agreed that he probably won't be at the park this weekend, saying "There's no point in it, really."

Colletti offered no timetable for the soon to be 41-year-old's return, but said that Bonds continues to improve.

Wow...BALCO gets busted, MLB develops an effective way to test for previously undetectable steroids, Congress is calling for heads to roll and Barry's nowhere in sight, but we can still hear him hiding behind his son at press conferences. I wonder how the kid feels about being his father's very own Human Shield??

These of course were for Alex, but intelligent people can respond with their thoughts, too.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2005, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Lookie here...another log to throw on that fire...

BALCO's Conte expected to plead guilty
Associated Press
Posted: 6 minutes ago

SAN FRANCISCO - The founder of a company at the center of a steroid scandal involving top athletes has decided to plead guilty to steroid distribution and money laundering in a deal with federal prosecutors, his attorney said.

Victor Conte, founder of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, planned to ask a judge Friday for four months' imprisonment and four months of home detention as part of the deal, according to a written statement from his attorney, Mary McNamara.

"Mr. Conte has always accepted responsibility for the conduct reflected in this plea agreement and is looking forward to putting the case behind him," McNamara said.

Conte has been accused of distributing illegal drugs to more than 30 baseball, football, and track and field stars. Also facing trial are Greg Anderson, weight trainer for Barry Bonds of the San Francisco Giants; BALCO vice president James Valente; and track coach Remi Korchemny.

The four men were charged last year with dozens of counts in connection to federal raids at Burlingame-based BALCO in 2003 and at Anderson's house in Burlingame.

Prosecutors agreed to drop the remaining counts against Conte if he admits to a single count of conspiracy to distribute steroids and a single count of laundering a portion of a check, his attorney said in the statement.

Some of the biggest names in sports, including Bonds, Jason Giambi of the New York Yankees and track star Marion Jones have been under a cloud of suspicion based on BALCO grand jury transcripts that were leaked to the San Francisco Chronicle. Bonds and Jones have denied steroid use, while Giambi all but said during a February news conference that he told a federal grand jury in 2003 he had used performance-enhancing drugs.

Calls to Conte and the U.S. Attorney's office in San Francisco were not immediately returned.

Yes, in case you're wondering, I'm posting these out of spite. Call it a character flaw.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 10:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Wow...BALCO gets busted, MLB develops an effective way to test for previously undetectable steroids, Congress is calling for heads to roll and Barry's nowhere in sight, but we can still hear him hiding behind his son at press conferences. I wonder how the kid feels about being his father's very own Human Shield??

Late.
. Maybe this will be his excuse when he returns and doesn't look like himself.

Whether he juiced or not, the guys an asshole and will be remembered as such. He never will be thought of like Ruth and Aaron. They were loved by more than just their local fans and there is no doubt about their home runs.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2005, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by _UT_
. Maybe this will be his excuse when he returns and doesn't look like himself.

Whether he juiced or not, the guys an asshole and will be remembered as such. He never will be thought of like Ruth and Aaron. They were loved by more than just their local fans and there is no doubt about their home runs.
Usually when I hear people talk about the big three home run hitters, they still say "Ruth, Aaron, and Mays". They always leave Bonds out of it, which is how I think it should be.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

Quote:
A-Rod spoils Schilling's return
Associated Press
Posted: 3 minutes ago

BOSTON (AP) - There was no blood on Curt Schilling's sock when he faced the New York Yankees this time.

No bite on his splitter, either.

With the sore-ankled hero of Boston's 2004 World Series run debuting in his new job as a reliever, Alex Rodriguez hit a two-run homer to break a ninth-inning tie and New York beat the Red Sox 8-6 Thursday night.

The Yankees won for the eighth time in nine tries to pull within 1 1/2 games of first place in the AL East, the closest they've been to the division lead since winning at Fenway Park on April 13.

"I believe this game, we don't win it the first two or three months of the year," Rodriguez said. "It shows you how far we've come."

Cameras flashed and the sold-out crowd stood to cheer for Schilling in the sixth when he went out to the bullpen, where he's been shifted to fill a need while closer Keith Foulke recovers from knee surgery. The fans gave him another standing ovation when he came in to pitch the ninth.

But Schilling (1-3) gave up a dart of a double to Gary Sheffield to start the inning - his third extra-base hit of the game - then Rodriguez homered over the bleachers in left-center on the first pitch.

"I don't know if I liked it, I just swung hard in case I hit it," Rodriguez said.

Curt Schilling had not relieved regularly since 1992, when the Phillies first promoted him to the rotation. (Winslow Townson / Associated Press)

Schilling, who had been on the disabled list since April 23, retired the next three batters to complete his first relief appearance since a late-season tuneup in 2002.

"It was set up to be a situation that was great, if I did what I was supposed to do," Schilling said. "I made two big mistakes back-to-back. ... It's frustrating, disappointing."

Because I know it's just a matter of time before you come in and try to piss me off any cheap way you can Alex...In advance of that I'd just like to ask...it's 9:51am the day after and A-Rod's Home Run Blast still hasn't landed yet. Fuck the Red Sox, Fuck Schilling and his damn ankle.
I loved how Torre got the strike zone so big I could have struck out a few guys. The umpires are going crazy...

It was a good game and a good win. Glue, I'm starting to like you more and more each day.

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2005, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

And here I was starting to think this entire thread was out of line and petulant.

Thanks.

Late.

Old 15 Jul 2005, 03:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie
I loved how Torre got the strike zone so big I could have struck out a few guys. The umpires are going crazy...

It was a good game and a good win. Glue, I'm starting to like you more and more each day.
Torre didn't do anything to the strikezone. I don't know if you noticed, but Sturtze and Gordan were throwing pitches that were obviously strikes, but weren't called. The ump was just all over the place. I remember the 0-1 pitch to Tino in his 1st at bat in the 6th was rediculously outside, and clearly should have been called a ball, but was called a strike. The guy was just a terrible ump.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 03:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

Quote:

And here I was starting to think this entire thread was out of line and petulant.

Thanks.

Late.
Oh it was it was. However it seems that anything can be made a thread. I remember being bored and making a thread long ago about what kind of undead people would want to be and it went for many more pages than it should have.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 03:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.

I don't know if you were wathcing the same game, I was watching. The ump was doing ok, until Torre called him out on that one call. Some of the balls he called strikes were way outside. He gave our pitching alot of calls that we didn't deserve.

Old 15 Jul 2005, 06:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Anyone hear about Selig and A-Rod? In the Baseball World Cup, A-Rod wants to represent the Dominican Republic (where his parents are from), but Selig wants him for USA.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 06:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

^^^ and George wants him playing for the yankees....

Old 15 Jul 2005, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

We need A-Rod if we are to be competitive. Afterall, he is US born and rasied.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2005, 06:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Well tonight's game looks like it's going to be 22-0 part 2.