ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Kwame Brown a Laker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jul 2005, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default Kwame Brown a Laker

Agent: Former No. 1 pick Brown heading to Lakers

July 14, 2005
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

LOS ANGELES -- Kwame Brown is headed to the Los Angeles Lakers, his agent said Thursday.

Arn Tellem confirmed a published report that Brown, the first overall selection in the 2001 NBA Draft, will be involved in a trade between the Lakers and Washington Wizards.

"It's Kwame's intention to sign a contract with the Wizards on the first day possible and be traded to the Lakers," Tellem said. "All parties are in agreement. This is the intention we're going to execute upon the first day possible."

That would be July 22 -- the date when an NBA moratorium is lifted and teams can announce free agent signings or sign-and-trade transactions.

Tellem wouldn't comment further, saying: "We're restricted in what we can say."

Former No. 1 pick Kwame Brown is heading to Los Angeles. (Getty Images)
Former No. 1 pick Kwame Brown is heading to Los Angeles. (Getty Images)
It's believed the 6-foot-11 Brown will join the Lakers in exchange for swingman Caron Butler and guard Chucky Atkins.

The trade was first reported Thursday by the Los Angeles Times, which quoted sources.

"We cannot make any comment until after the moratorium period ends," Lakers spokesman John Black said.

Atkins is under contract for $4.5 million next season, while Butler will earn nearly $2.5 million.

The 23-year-old Brown has been a disappointment in his four seasons with the Wizards, but has shown potential at times. He gives the Lakers an inside presence they lacked last season, and presumably will move into the starting lineup at power forward and enable Lamar Odom to move to small forward, considered his natural position.

Phil Jackson signed a three-year contract last month to return as coach of the Lakers after taking a season off. The team failed to make the playoffs for only the second time since 1976, going 34-48 and losing 19 of their last 21 games.

Brown was the first high school player to be chosen No. 1 in the draft, and averaged 4.5 points and 3.5 rebounds in 57 games as a rookie.

He averaged 7.4 points and 5.3 rebounds in 80 games in his second season, and 10.9 points and a team-leading 7.4 rebounds in 74 games in his third year.

Brown broke his right foot in a pickup game last summer, and began the 2004-05 season on the injured list. He wound up playing in only 42 games and averaging 7.0 points and 4.9 rebounds in 21.6 minutes.

He was suspended for most of the postseason after missing a practice and Game 4 of the Wizards' first-round playoff series against the Chicago Bulls. He averaged 5.0 points in the first three games.

Brown was a restricted free agent because the Wizards extended him a qualifying contract offer.

"There is no saying that he won't be back with us," Washington president of basketball operations Ernie Grunfeld said after the Wizards were eliminated from the playoffs. "We'll explore all of our options. We'll meet with him and his representatives and see where we are. There is a possibility that he will be back with us."

Apparently, it won't turn out that way.

It's been widely reported that Brown incurred the wrath of Michael Jordan in 2001-02 and 2002-03 -- Jordan's two seasons with the Wizards.

Brown will likely be joined in the starting lineup by Odom, Kobe Bryant and Chris Mihm. The other backcourt starter could be someone who signs as a free agent. The Lakers have reportedly expressed interest in Antonio Daniels, who played for Seattle last season.

The 25-year-old Butler was acquired with Odom and forward/center Brian Grant from Miami for Shaquille O'Neal last summer. Butler averaged 15.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 77 games.

Butler was a first-round draft choice of the Heat in 2002 after playing at Connecticut. He averaged 9.2 points as a rookie and 15.4 points in his second NBA season.

Atkins, who turns 31 next month, averaged a career-high 13.6 points in 82 games last season. He entered the NBA with Orlando in 1999 and has also played for Detroit and Boston.

One of Brown's new teammates will be forward Luke Walton, who is returning to the Lakers.

Walton's agent, Lon Babby, said Thursday that Walton, a restricted free agent, "is committed to return, and they're committed to him."

"It will be a two-year deal," Babby said from his Washington, D.C., office. "He's excited about remaining in L.A. That's his home base. He's had a great experience there. He's excited about playing for Phil Jackson again, he had a lot of success playing for Phil in his rookie year."
AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

http://cbs.sportsline.com/print/nba/story/8645401
Old 14 Jul 2005, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

thats good positive news for my side. I think he could flourish under the steady influence of zen master jackson

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2005, 08:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

Not surprised Butler was the odd man out. Devean George knows the triangle offense and Butler wasn't familiar with it. As for Brown I'm not even sure the Zen Master can get through to him.
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a RAIDER
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2005, 11:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

Don't worry, I think that the Zen Master could get through to anyone.
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2005, 12:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I think that Kwame could be at least a Jermaine O'Neal late bloomer. Getting away from DC and Jordan will be good for him.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 12:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Highlight Send a message via Yahoo to Highlight

Well I know two positive things for Kwame right now before he officially plays.

1# How he is built. I mean holy shit.

2# When he decides to get it moving, he has CRAZY little parts every day usually. Blocking every ball, rebounding every ball, dunking every miss. That kinda thing.
Highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2005, 12:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

That's why I'm glad he joined my Lakers.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 12:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecoldfan777
That's why I'm glad he joined my Lakers.

My fucking lakers.......I claimed them first

Old 24 Jul 2005, 12:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

No, my Lakers LOL.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 12:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Quote:
No, my Lakers LOL.
Nope. im older than you so its my lakers.......ill let you tag along

Old 24 Jul 2005, 12:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

O.K., we can share the Lakers.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 12:50 AM   #12 (permalink)

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough

Quote:
No, my Lakers LOL.

I heard Golden State has an opening..

*By the way with this kinda line-up

PG: Baron davis
SG: Jason Richardson
SF: Mickeal Pietrius *Please just get rid of Dunleavy Jr.*
PF: Hakim Warrick if I am not mistaken..
C: Adonal Foyle

That's one hell of a lineup if you know your basketball.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 12:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

It is, I think that Golden State has a great chance at making the playoffs this season. But I'll still have to pull for MY Lakers.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 12:56 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
It is, I think that Golden State has a great chance at making the playoffs this season. But I'll still have to pull for MY Lakers.

True. Hmm.. I think i'm going to rate lakers now.

PG: Well.. Antonio Daniels signed with Washington. I hate to say it but......
__________________________________________________ __
PG: SASHA VUJAJIC.
SG: Kobe Bryant.
SF: Lamar Odom.
PF: Kwame Brown (But knowing the Lakers management.. The scrub that came over in the Miami deal will play first.)
C: Chris Mihm.

__________________________________________________ ____________

If Phil Jackson wasn't here, you could put them 2 or 3 spots out of the playoffs. I'm going to have Lakers as my 6th spot. Golden state will have 4th.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 12:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

I think that the point guard is going to be Chucky Atkins and Vlade Divac is going to be the center. Anyway, without Jackson the coach is Bryant, and as we all saw last season just dosen't work.