ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

NFL Preview 2005

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jun 2005, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default NFL Preview 2005

I know it is still early, but I want to present NFL Preview 2005: Version 1

NFC

East

1.)Philedelphia 11-5-Chemistry issues between McNabb and Owens, but the talent is still incredible and should win Philly the division.
2.)Dallas 8-8-The D in Big D is strong, the offense will be good, but not great.
3.)Washington 7-9-The Defense is still very, very good, however Ramsey still can't be comfortable at quarterback with 1st round pick Jason Campbell breathing down his neck.
4.)N.Y. Giants 5-11-I know that you all think I'm just saying the Giants to be last, because under my name it says I love... No I HATE NY.However, it's true that the Giants won't be too good this year. They still have a young QB and a young O-line. They will lose a lot of close games. Hey, at least Giant fans can look foward to next year.

North

1.)Minnesota 10-6-The defense will be great and the offense will be good. The Vikings will finally get past the end of the year slump.
2.)Detroit 8-8-Joey Harrington finally has a great year, but still struggles on the road. Detroit will go 6-2 at home and 2-6 on the road.
3.)Green Bay 6-10-Farve will still be great, but he will not get any protection with an inexperienced offensive line. Farve can't do it all.
4.)Chicago 3-13-Simply put, they are just not good. The offense is not good, and the defense is just decent, and the worst part is that not much is looking good for the future either.

South

1.)Atlanta 10-6-Duckett, Vick, and Dunn will run the offense and the defense is still going to be very good.
2.)Carolina 9-7-The Panthers have all of there good players back, with a good offense and a great defense, the Panthers will get back into the playoffs.
3.)New Orleans 6-10-The offense will produce, but the defense will not stand up to the task. After the season Haslett and Brooks will be gone.
4.)Tampa Bay 6-10-The offense won't really be any better. The defense will still carry the team once again. Next year could be really good for the Bucs however.

West

1.)Seattle 11-5-Seattle will still be impressive at home, but still will struggle on the road.
2.)Arizona 8-8-Warner will really boost the offense, however they won't make the playoffs this year, but they look really good for a playoff run next year.
3.)St. Louis 4-12-The downward spiral continues. Martz will be fired.
4.)San Francisco 4-12-An improvement from last year. Smith won't really have a bad just an average year. With a young team, the future looks bright.

Division winners:Philedelphia, Seattle, Atlanta, Minnesota
Wild-Card winners:Carolina,Dallas
Looking good for next year:Arizona, Detroit
Looking good for two years from now:Washington,New Orleans

Playoffs

Wild-Card Round:
Minnesota over Dallas
Carolina over Atlanta

Division Round:
Minnestoa over Seattle
Philedelphia over Carolina

NFC Championship
Philedelphia defeating Minnesota

AFC

East

1.)New England 12-4-The Patroits will still be great even without Crennel and Weis. I hate to say it but they really are that good.
2.)N.Y. Jets 10-6-Pennington will have a great year with the return of Coles providing him a new target.
3.)Buffalo 9-7-The loss of Bledsoe won't kill the Bills, but they still won't make the playoffs in a tough AFC.
4.)Miami 6-10-Chemistry issues here with the return of Williams, QB is the weak position on the team, however the future looks bright.

North

1.)Pittsburgh 13-3-Defense is overpowering, offense can still easily get the job done.
2.)Baltimore 11-5-See Pittsburgh.
3.)Cincinnati 7-9-The are a good team, but they will lose too many close games.
4.)Cleveland 5-11-Crennel will show some bright spots, but for the most part the year will be dissappointing.

South

1.)Indianapolis 11-5-Explosive offense will carry Indy to the playoffs.
2.)Jacksonville 10-6-Weak schedule and division only reason for 10 wins.
3.)Houston 6-10-Young team not experienced enough to get Houston over the hump. It is possible that Capers will be fired.
4.)Tennessee 6-10-Coach Fisher barely keeps the team together with so many loses during the offseason. McNair only great player on the team.

West

1.)Denver 13-3-Defense is incredible and offense is above average.
2.)San Diego 9-7-The will lose lots of close games that will keep them out of the playoffs
3.)Kansas City 6-10-Defense still can't hold up their end of the bargon.
4.)Oakland 6-10-Offense will be great, but defense wont be that good. Oakland fans can be hopeful for the future.

Division winners:Pittsburgh,Denver, New England, Indianapolis
Wild-Card winners:Baltimore, N.Y. Jets
Looking good for next year:Jacksonville, San Diego
Looking good for two years from now:Buffalo, Cincinnati

Playoffs

Wild-Card round:
New England over N.Y. Jets
Indianapolis over Baltimore

Division round:
New England over Denver
Indianapolis over Pittsburgh

AFC Championship:
Indianapolis defeating New England

Super Bowl XL

Indianapolis 38
Philedelphia 31

MVP:Peyton Manning
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2005, 03:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

2005 NFL Season = New England Patriots 4 time Super Bowl Champs along with 3 consective Super Bowl victories.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2005, 03:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

First let me say that you must have put some serious effort into this. Good job.

Now...if I may be so bold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecoldfan777
AFC North

1.)Pittsburgh 13-3-Defense is overpowering, offense can still easily get the job done.
4.)Cleveland 5-11-Crennel will show some bright spots, but for the most part the year will be dissappointing.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3432268

Read that info at that link. I think you'll find your analyses of Pissburgh and Crackmore are flawed. Too much turnover and not enough personnel brought in to fill the holes. Oh yeah and Kyle Boller sucks ass...he makes Carson Palmer look like Joe Montana.

Pitt @ 13-3 is a possible reach.

Baltimore @ 11-5 is the product of you smoking too much crack. Try 9-7.

Cincinnati @ 7-9 I think is disrespectful to that franchise. Can't imagine what Kurt'll say when he reads that. Again, try 9-7.

Cleveland @ 5-11 is realistic. I'm hoping for 7-9 but I think 5-11 is probably as close to being right on as you come in your preview of the AFC North.

Again, nice job...good work.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2005, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

First of all, let me say "great post"...it looks like you put some effort into it. Its well done......for the most part

this would be my problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecoldfan777
North

Pittsburgh I don't think will do quite that well this year, but its possible
Baltimore will be most likely 10-6.....maybe 9-7
Cleveland...I'd say you're probably right here

HOWEVER

Cincinnati will be neck and neck with Baltimore for second place in our division. I honestly think we have a better shot than the Ravens this year. I'm high on the Ravens, don't get me wrong...however Boller was just starting to look decent towards the end of the season....now he's got a few new recievers...who knows what kind of chemistry they'll have(if any) . Palmer however had a strong showing last year...not the best showing, but it was strong and fairly consistant. He brought us to 8-8 without Peter Warrick....and with most of our defensive out on injury. With a healthy Warrick this year, and a healthy D...we should see an improvement if anything....I'm thinking 9-7 is a safe estimate, but I'm gonna say 10-6 earning Cinci a Wildcard slot for the first time in YEARS.

Look at the schedule
at Cleveland.....Its Cleveland, this will be cake W
Minnesota...Daunte is the man, this might be his show
at Chicago.....Da Bears got nothin on Cinci W
Houston Palmer>>>Carr.....W
at Jacksonville...this one in Cinci's W
at Tennessee...ours W
Pittsburgh....I really wish we were gonna stop em, but I have great doubts
Green Bay....Favre is likely to retire this year, he's gonna be on fire
at Baltimore.....Ravens win it at home
BYE
Indianapolis....damn you Peyton
Baltimore...Payback for the loss in Baltimore, we edge em out W
at Pittsburgh...givin it to Big Ben
Cleveland.....Fuck Cleveland W
at Detroit...we ain't lost in Detroit in over 20 years....fuck you Joe Montana W
Buffalo...historically we are golden on X-mas eve...merry Christmas Palmer W
at Kansas City... endin on a sour note

I think my estimate puts us at 9-7....go with that

7-9

10-6*

*wishful thinking

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2005, 12:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

Thanks for the props, hope to see yalls if yall decide to make one.
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2005, 06:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Not bad, but Pittsburgh and Indy will be the AFC title game, not New England. Crennel and Weiss did mean that much to the team.

Ravens might be better offensively but I doubt it. It hasn't happend yet under the self-proclaimed genious Billick. Cinci will The Steelers a run for the division.

I'd say it is a better bet that Minnesota/Atlanta will be the NFC title game. With either Pittsburgh or Indy defating them.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote