ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

NBA Eastern confrence preview

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Oct 2002, 12:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Default NBA Eastern confrence preview

EASTERN CONFRENCE TOP 8

#1 New jersey Nets - By far the most talented team in the east and with the addition of Mutumbo and Roger's they finally have some solid low post player's that can help them out if and when they meet the Laker's in the final's. Richard Jefferson is also another great talent that is entering his second year in the league.

#2 Boston Celtics - This squad should be the highest scoring team in the east, Walker and Pierce are the second deadliest duo in the NBA today, Vin Baker is the X-factor and he hasnt produced in the first couple days of the pre season so he could be the down fall of the Celtics this year, their bench is pretty weak and Battie is thier only big man threat.

#3 Washington Wizards - The most improved team in the NBA this season, expect coach Doug Collins to try the triangle offence this season with Jordan, Stackhouse and Larry Hughes or Bryon Russel also watch out for the former high school kid Kwame, so far in 3 preseason games, he's averaging 20 and 10 board's per, so this could be a break out season for him and Brendan Haywood, you add the 2 rookies, Jeffries and Dixon and the vetarin Oakley to the mix and you have a solid team.

#4 Neworleans Hornets - Basically the same team as last year exept for the addition of C.Alexander, they will make the playoffs but wont do much damage when they get there.

#5 Indiana Pacers - By far the deepest team in the east, with the return of a healthy All Harington the Pacers are fully stacked, expect J.Oneal to be an all star once again, J.Tinsley and J.Bender will improve with each game, throw in a R.Artest, B.Miller and a R.Mercer and you got a powerful squad.

#6 Atlanta Hawks - The surprise team in the east, they could possibly be the only team in the east who have a "big 4" with Terry, Shareef, Robinson and Ratliff, thats 3, 20 point scorers with a former Blocks leader, team chemistry is key and it will be interesting to se how they progress during the season, i still have them in the playoffs.

#7 Detroit Pistons - what was Joe Dumars thinking getting rid of Stack for Rip, big mistake in my opinion, R.Hamilton was a 20 point scorer on a below average Wizards squad last season, there's now way he's gonna put up those kind of number's on the Pistons.

#8 Orlando Magic - They have a "big 3" with Macgrady, Hill and Miller but that's it, they have no suporting cast and no big men, that is the reason i have them ranked 8th, Hill is also a question mark, he's been so injury prone over the past couple years that consider it a miricle if he plays over 65 games this season, their 2 biggest mistakes were letting go of B.Outlaw last season and not signing T.Hudson.

Team's that could sneak into the post season

Philly 76ers
Toronto Raptors
Milwaukee Bucks

The eastern confrence in the NBA is the toughest confrence to predict out of all the 4 major sport's.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

i think the wizards are ranked a bit to high there

stackhouse is a great addition but jordans not the jordan of old
Old 17 Oct 2002, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
RJ Knuckles

Hornets all the way. Davis is emerging as a top point guard. Mashburn should be 100% healthy. Jamaal Magliore is coming into his own as a top filght center. Alexander will be a great addition because he is what the Hornets lacked last season in the backcourt and that is a big guard with athleticism. The Nets I see Mutombo slowing them down. The Celtics need to find a point guard. The Wizards are over-hyped. Pacers are a team on the rise maybe next year. The Hawks are also over-hyped. The Pistons are in bad shape without Stackhouse. The Magic are a mystery team. If T-Mac and Hill can co-exist they could be very dangerous. The 76ers will go only as far as Iverson's heart will take them. The Raptors I don't really see doing anything special this year. The Bucks I think will wind up trading Cassell at some point this season and are also a train wreck waiting to happen. But we can all agree that the Knicks are just going to plain suck.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 02:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Quote:
Originally posted by BLOODICE
i think the wizards are ranked a bit to high there

stackhouse is a great addition but jordans not the jordan of old

Yo, I cant call the east, you cant call the east, Steven A Smith him self cant even call the fucking east, it's a toss up, heck the god dam Bulls can make the playoffs for all i know. I ranked the Wizards 3rd just on a gut feeling that Jordan will stay healthy, dont forget that Jordan didnt play basketball for 4 season's during his career so even though he's 40, it's like he's in a 37 year old's body, the only reason Jordan's number's dropped last year is cause of his injury's, for the first 3 month's of the season he was putting up like 26, 6 and 6 per game. We all know that Jordan is the most competitive athlete in sport's history, he is really happy with the squad right now because he know's that they have a winner, staying healthy is the key.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 02:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

not saying that i can call it or that you can

i just dont see them over boston, new jersey, new orleans, indiana and poss. detroit
Old 18 Oct 2002, 01:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Dr. Detfink is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Detfink

I gotta agree with Ice on this one...The Wizards number 3? C'mon..this team is still several components from scaring anyone. Stackhouse is a great addition but please....he can't take over a game. He improved his jumper but the speed is not there like it once was...

The Pistons made the deal for one reason and one reason only to free salraly cap room...and build through the draft like Chicago....why bother being mediocre for 2-3 years?

The Bulls are more dangerous than the Wizards.....Not only have their youngsters gotten some time but also added Jalen Rose and have Jay Williams to give them leadership....THAT team is at least a #6 or #7 pick.

I still do not count out Philly.....Any team with Iverson is still a shot for a #4 or #5 seed......

My East rankings:

New Jersey: Is the team better? yes. Is Mutumbo the missing piece? No. The Nets are more predictable with him there.

Milwauke: addition through subtraction. No Big Dog means Ray Allen can be used more often in different ways...

Boston: will learn what Vin Baker brings....

Orlando: Will the Hill/T-mac 1-2 punch Finally happen?

Indiana: making a transition from old to young...

Atlanta: Last year's Milwauke Bucks

Philadelphia: Iverson's last run?

Chicago: young and exciting....
Old 18 Oct 2002, 07:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Okay first of all the Bulls may be young and exciting but they are not more taleneted than the Wizards, those are some ridiculous comments, your forgetting that the Wiz didnt only aquire Stack, they got Russel a veteran starting small forward with alot of playoff experience, they got Hughes, a guy that's capable of putting up big numbers and with all this attention on Jordan and Stack, Hughes will find it easier to score, the Wiz are stacked in every position they have Witney a great 3 point shooter, Lue playing backup he's known for his sick speed and defence, they have the 2 rookies Dixon the starting pg for the world champion Maryland Terrapins, Jeffries the leading scorer for Indiana, Brown and Haywood 2 amazing talents and finally they have Oakley the vetarin of all vetarins, he will be motivavted to play well this year, he can also share all his NBA knowledge with the young Forwards, keep in mind that the east is really week and almost anyteam can make the playoffs, the Wizards will be a winner this year, count on it.
Old 18 Oct 2002, 08:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Detfink

My East rankings:

New Jersey: Is the team better? yes. Is Mutumbo the missing piece? No. The Nets are more predictable with him there.

Milwauke: addition through subtraction. No Big Dog means Ray Allen can be used more often in different ways...

Boston: will learn what Vin Baker brings....

Orlando: Will the Hill/T-mac 1-2 punch Finally happen?

Indiana: making a transition from old to young...

Atlanta: Last year's Milwauke Bucks

Philadelphia: Iverson's last run?

Chicago: young and exciting....

BUCK'S - We will have to se how R.Allen does without the big dog by his side, this will also mean more time for T.Thomas, but to rank them 2nd is kind of high, still.

76ers - Aslong as Iverson is taking 35 shot's a game they will not be a winning team and if you think that A.I and Vanhron are gonna co-exist your wrong, i se Vanhorn getting delt out of there this winter.

BULLS - this squad need a couple more seasons before they reach the playoffs, all they have is J.Will and J.Rose, that's it. The 2 highschool kids will continue to improve with each passing game and they have M.Fizer entering his 3rd season he's just an average Power forward, your hyping up the Bulls way to much bro, they wont make the post season count on it.
Old 18 Oct 2002, 09:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Dr. Detfink is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Detfink

Quote:
Originally posted by THE ROCK
Okay first of all the Bulls may be young and exciting but they are not more taleneted than the Wizards, those are some ridiculous comments, your forgetting that the Wiz didnt only aquire Stack, they got Russel a veteran starting small forward with alot of playoff experience, they got Hughes, a guy that's capable of putting up big numbers and with all this attention on Jordan and Stack, Hughes will find it easier to score, the Wiz are stacked in every position they have Witney a great 3 point shooter, Lue playing backup he's known for his sick speed and defence, they have the 2 rookies Dixon the starting pg for the world champion Maryland Terrapins, Jeffries the leading scorer for Indiana, Brown and Haywood 2 amazing talents and finally they have Oakley the vetarin of all vetarins, he will be motivavted to play well this year, he can also share all his NBA knowledge with the young Forwards, keep in mind that the east is really week and almost anyteam can make the playoffs, the Wizards will be a winner this year, count on it.
Big deal..the Wizards are nothing more than a cut-paste cast-offs from other teams...looks like you gotta be a three team minimum player to run with thses chumps....

I know they look decent on paper but this team has not proven to have chemistry....they have not played together as a unit ONCE..

while the Bulls have...and now get Jay Williams....
Old 18 Oct 2002, 09:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Detfink

Big deal..the Wizards are nothing more than a cut-paste cast-offs from other teams...looks like you gotta be a three team minimum player to run with thses chumps....

I know they look decent on paper but this team has not proven to have chemistry....they have not played together as a unit ONCE..

while the Bulls have...and now get Jay Williams....
I still dont se the Bulls making the playoffs and i do se the Wizards in the top 5, the Wiz have drasticly improved their roster since last season, how can you say that, Stack, Russel, Hughes, and a healthy Jordan wont be good?
Whenever any team makes changes, they need time to get used to one another but you must remember, this is a pretty sad eastern conf.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 11:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
3 Minute Man

The Real Deal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Real Deal

The Bulls have a legitamate chance of making the 'offs this year. Rose is going to have an all-star year: 24 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 apg. Don't forget that Jay Williams will have a good rookie year, and The Bulls have another just-as-talented guard in Jamal Crawford who will split playing time with Williams. Then you've got Hoiberg, Trenton Hassell and Roger Mason coming off the bench in the guard position. Plus with the pick up of Donyell Marshall, our big men will be fairly dominant compared to other East teams. Curry is going to have a breakout year, Chandler is going to be just as tough, Eddie Robinson and veteran Corey Blount will be solid off the bench.

The best thing about The Bulls is how young they are. I went to their preseason game against Toronto a few weeks ago, and they are fun to watch. They still have a lot to learn as a team, but I think Rose will be a great leader for the team, and Williams will be quick to pick up the leadership role as well. I think in 3 years The Bulls could very well be championship contenders.

Wrestling Fan Forum- Tell 'em The Real Deal sent ya!
The Real Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2002, 09:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Well you and the DR. are making some great points about the Bulls, your actually starting to brainwash me into thinking thier a legitement playoff team, as i said before the east is wide open just like last year anything can happen, it's unlikely for the Bulls to make the playoffs this year but they do have talent, the 2 highschool kid's get better with each pasing game and Real Deal, out of all those named you mentioned, you forgot about M.Fizer, thiers another guy you can add to the list...let's se how the do in November.