ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Scioscia v. Robinson...Let's get it on!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jun 2005, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Scioscia v. Robinson...Let's get it on!!!

Donnelly ejected for foreign glove substance

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) -- After Brendan Donnelly was thrown out of the game, the Washington Nationals rallied to win it.

Donnelly was ejected after Nationals manager Frank Robinson asked umpires to inspect his glove and found a foreign substance. Then a fired-up Jose Guillen hit a tying two-run homer and the Nationals scored four eighth-inning runs Tuesday night to rally for a 6-3 win over the Los Angeles Angels.

Donnelly was tossed in the seventh without so much as throwing a pitch, ejected because he had a foreign substance -- pine tar, he said later -- on the heel of his glove.

Angels manager Mike Scioscia then began jawing at Robinson, and both benches emptied, although there apparently were no punches thrown.

Guillen, suspended late last season by the Angels for throwing a temper tantrum and traded last November, was particularly angered during the incident and had to be restrained by his Washington teammates.

Scot Shields replaced Donnelly and retired the two batters he faced in the seventh, but Guillen homered the next inning to tie it at 3. The Nationals scored two more runs off Shields in the inning, and added another run in the ninth.

"I feel like that situation really got the guys going, got the adrenaline flowing, and they just became closer and more determined," Robinson said. "They were determined that the Angels were not going to beat us tonight."

Dale Scott, the umpires' crew chief, said Donnelly's confiscated glove will be sent to the commissioner's office. The use of pine tar is against rules barring "foreign substances" on a pitcher's glove or person. Scott was uncertain what suspension, if any, would be levied against Donnelly.

Scioscia acknowledged that the use of pine tar is against the rules, but said it is "used around baseball," doesn't alter the flight of the ball and usually isn't an issue.

Both he and Robinson were still fuming after the game.

"I lost a lot of respect for Mike tonight -- as a person and as a manager. And there's nothing he can say to me now, nothing," Robinson said. "I don't even want him to approach me, I don't even want him to apologize to me. I would not accept it or have anything to do with it."

Robinson, a former vice president of discipline for the major leagues, said Donnelly simply got caught cheating and Scioscia was "way off base."

"He took me by surprise when he came over to me and I took it as a threat," Robinson said. "He told me that he was going to have every one of my pitchers undressed when they came out there to the mound -- no matter who it was."

Said Scioscia: "I told Frank we were going to undress his pitchers when they were on the mound to see if they had any pine tar in their glove. He obviously wasn't happy. He was screaming. We weren't making a lunch date."

When the Nationals took the field for the bottom of the seventh, Scioscia asked the umpires to check pitcher Gary Majewski's glove, which they did -- and made him fix the loose laces on it.

Told that Robinson also claimed Donnelly had sandpaper with him before he got rid of it, Scioscia's voice rose as he said, "He had no sandpaper out there. That's absolutely ridiculous."

Donnelly, asked about the sandpaper, shot back, "That's just a lie."
================================================== ========

I can't believe Scioscia (or however the hell his name is spelled) got so boisterous after his pitcher got caught cheating. What a friggin douche. As the team's manager, it's his responsibility to make sure that didn't happen, so IMO he should have come out of the dugout only to hear from the ump what was going on, and then he should've gone back to the dugout in shame.

The fact that a cheater could muster the self-righteousness to express indignation in the manner in which he did is simply beyond me. You got caught cheating. Don't be a bitch...make sure that kind of shit doesn't happen on your watch again, fat man.

And then afterward to have words about Frank Freaking Robinson?! That guy is the picture of integrity in MLB. Scioscia lost a lot of my respect as well...what a bitch.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2005, 04:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Oh, they're just trying to make a storyline so they can be in the next WWE PPV, probably Summerslam.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2005, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeaux
Oh, they're just trying to make a storyline so they can be in the next WWE PPV, probably Summerslam.
No that would only be on TNA or the old wCw days......Don't most of the Redsox hitters have that smae type of tar on all of their helmets??
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote