ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Confused Colorado Rockies Draft 11th Grader

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jun 2005, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default Confused Colorado Rockies Draft 11th Grader

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/8554856

Confused Colorado drafts 11th-grader
June 11, 2005
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

CHARLOTTE AMALIE, U.S. Virgin Islands -- It's every high school pitcher's dream, but when the Colorado Rockies drafted 11th-grader Timothy Brewer he was more bewildered than thrilled.

In an apparent mix-up, the Rockies selected Brewer, a 17-year-old junior at Ivanna Eudora Kean High School in St. Thomas island, in the late rounds of Wednesday's Major League Baseball draft.

Brewer thought it sounded too good to be true. He's probably right -- at least for now. League rules say players who haven't finished high school are ineligible.

"I never thought I'd get to the major leagues," Brewer said. "But they drafted me after the 11th grade? I was like, man, that can't be so."

Rockies officials are unsure how the mistake happened and are trying to decide what to do next, said team spokesman Brendan McNicholas. But the mix-up will likely result in the Rockies losing their draft pick, he said.

Brewer, Colorado's 35th round pick, said he hasn't heard from the Rockies since they called to congratulate him Wednesday.

The 6-foot, 2-inch St. Thomas native has never been to Colorado or even seen snow. But as far as his mother is concerned, he'll have settle for pitching for his high school team next year.

"After school he can do what he wants but not this year," said Eurita Smith. "He's only in 11th grade."
================================================== =======

Have there any draft picks that made your head shake?
Old 15 Jun 2005, 06:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Before you know it I'll be getting a call from the NHL saying I was drafted to the Ducks or something.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

That's kinda funny. I'm never happy with NFL draft picks... simply because I don't trust rookies.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Trading an entire year's worth of picks just to get the 4th pick, all the time realizing that any of the three teams ahead of you were in desperate need of any good player to include the Hiesman Trophy winner.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2005, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Sam Bowie.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 09:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

As for the topic, as I seemed to skip over that in my last post, I didn't get it when the Lions drafted Mike Williams, when a wide reciever is not what they needed.

That's about it.