ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Barry Bonds In General...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jun 2005, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Barry Bonds In General...

Since any Barry Bonds news this season won't be important, I just thought instead of posting this as a regular news/comment thread, I'd just start a general thread for us to lop Barry Bonds stuff in.

Bonds' right knee making progress

Associated Press
Posted: 7 hours ago

SAN FRANCISCO - Barry Bonds is progressing in three key areas of his rehabilitation on his surgically repaired right knee, though there is still no timetable for when he will resume his chase of the home run record.

The San Francisco slugger's knee is getting stronger, his range of motion has nearly reached an equal level to the left side, and the swelling has gone down significantly since his most recent operation May 2.
Bonds will be examined Sunday by Dr. Robert Armstrong, and trainer Stan Conte expects Bonds will be off antibiotics sometime next week. Bonds might be close to traveling on the road with the Giants, too.

"The strength is getting better, the range is getting better, and the swelling is decreasing," Conte said Wednesday. "We're making progress. We want to continue on those lines. ... I don't think we can afford to be encouraged about anything. Every time we're encouraged, something bad happens. We're not ready to let our guard down."

Before Conte's update, manager Felipe Alou acknowledged that without Bonds there is little chance the Giants will win the NL West title so many expected from this veteran club before the year began.

[paraphrase]Blah blah blah blah blah, the Giants suck ass, blah blah blah blah blah[/paraphrase]

Bonds said in spring training he could miss half the season or even the entire year, but has been more optimistic recently about a return. One popular timetable though the club won't make any predictions has Bonds returning sometime around the All-Star break. He turns 41 on July 24.

Bonds is third on the career home run list with 703, 11 behind Babe Ruth and 52 from tying Hank Aaron's record. Bonds batted .362 last season with 45 homers and 101 RBIs and walked a major league-record 232 times on the way to his record seventh MVP award.

[paraphrase]Blah blah blah, more lamenting on how much ass the Giants suck...no shit, what'd you expect out of a team from San Francisco...blah blah blah[/paraphrase]
================================================== ========

I wonder if they're testing Bonds for 'roids while he recovers?? They say he's right now at 5 and 1/2 weeks after surgery that he shouldn't have been able to until 10 and 1/2 weeks. Anabolic Cream is supposed to help the tissue healing process...I seriously want to know if the dude is even on the list to get tested, because at 68 years old or however the fuck old he is, he should not be playing Beat The Clock with rehabbing a body that should be worn down from years and years of wear on the diamond.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2005, 04:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Wow...more stuff, only better...

Bonds blasts Kittle for comments in book

Associated Press
Posted: 9 minutes ago

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Barry Bonds blasted former White Sox slugger Ron Kittle, whose recently released book quotes the San Francisco star as saying "I don't sign for white people" before a game at Wrigley Field 12 years ago.

"Who is Kittle? How long did he play? He played in our league?" Bonds said, lying on a clubhouse couch before Thursday's game against the Kansas City Royals. "Ha! Do you guys believe that? ... Do you guys know my life history a little bit? ... One, you insult my children, who are half-white.
"I was married to a woman who was white, so let's get real. I don't even know the guy. Tell him he's an ... idiot. Somebody said he wanted a piece of me. Tell him I'm at 24 Willie Mays Plaza and he can come get me anytime he wants to - with pleasure. Don't insult my family."

In Kittle's book, "Tales from the White Sox Dugout," he writes that he approached Bonds at his locker in the visitors' clubhouse at Wrigley Field about autographing some jerseys to be auctioned for a cancer charity. Kittle retired after the 1991 season, and Bonds and the Giants were in Chicago to face the Cubs.

"It's the truth. I don't lie," Kittle told The Associated Press in a phone interview Tuesday. "I tell it as it is. It's unfortunate it happened. And I didn't bring it up to sell the books."

Kittle said the book's co-author, Bob Logan, asked him to write about the good and bad aspects of the game.

"This was one of the rotten things that happened," Kittle said.

While he was furious at Kittle, Bonds said Thursday he was pleased with the progress of his surgically repaired right knee. But he dismissed a report that he hit soft toss in the batting cage Wednesday, saying he was just playing catch.

"Hey, Murphy, have I touched any of my bats?" he hollered to longtime equipment manager Mike Murphy. "I don't even know where they are."

Bonds has had three operations on his right knee since Jan. 31, the most recent on May 2 to drain fluid and examine an infection. He has not played this season.

Bonds said he isn't ready to guess when he might be back in the batter's box. Bonds has a routine doctor's appointment Friday to have his blood tested and another Sunday. Trainer Stan Conte believes Bonds could be off antibiotics sometime next week.

Will Bonds he back this season?

"I still don't know," Bonds said. "You guys will know when I'll be ready. You'll see. There's no reason to discuss that stuff until I'm with my teammates on the field."

Bonds said in spring training he could miss half the season or even the entire year, but has been more optimistic recently about a return. One popular timetable - though the club won't make any predictions - has Bonds returning sometime around the All-Star break. He turns 41 on July 24.

Bonds is third on the career home run list with 703, 11 behind Babe Ruth and 52 from tying Hank Aaron's record. Bonds batted .362 last season with 45 homers and 101 RBIs and walked a major league-record 232 times on the way to his record seventh MVP award.
================================================== ========

This is great...now, I'm all for Bonds defending himself against hearsay. "I don't sign for white people" isn't anything I think Bonds would say. But why the fuck does the guy have to keep bringing his family into it?? Some yay-hoo that noone has ever heard of alleges he said he don't sign for Whitey, and again Barry's like, "don't insult my family."

Come on...zoom the camera in on his son and see how much pain the allegation of racism toward his father hurts him. Yeah right Barry...you're family is in their own private hell, lighting Cuban cigars with burning $100 dollar bills. Fuck you...get some new comebacks at least.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 09 Jun 2005, 04:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I see you've found a hobby.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2005, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

For the next day or so at least...

Late.

Old 12 Jun 2005, 12:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

I don't like Bonds. He was on the juice and that's all there is to it. However, people that say he was using his injury as a way out are just plain stupid and classless. The guy used steroids... that's not such a big deal when half of the league was on steroids as well.

Oh, and Bonds is no racist... there are just some stupid people who are still hurt by him using steroids.

I still hate him, though.