ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

ESPN declines option to keep NHL telecasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 May 2005, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default ESPN declines option to keep NHL telecasts

ESPN declines option to keep NHL telecasts

Associated Press
May. 29, 2005 12:00 AM

LOS ANGELES - ESPN will not pick up a $60 million option to retain NHL broadcasting rights for the upcoming season, the network said Saturday.

ESPN spokesman Mike Soltys said the network would have further comment next week. The deadline is Wednesday.

The decision was first reported by the Los Angeles Times and Rogers Sportsnet in Canada.

Although ESPN will not pick up the option on the deal it agreed to in May 2004, the network could try to retain the rights for less money.

The NHL, in negotiations with the union to end the lockout that wiped out last season, has a two-year deal with NBC to televise games when play resumes. The league has deals in Canada with CBC and The Sports Network.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...29nhl0529.html
================================================== ========

Way to fucking go Gary and Bobby. When the NHL returns to play, the first thing the owners should do is impeach Bettman and throw his ass out!!!
Old 02 Jun 2005, 06:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Hey Norm, did you hear about how Rudy Giuliani is trying to create a new hockey league, which would be called the “International Hockey Association”? I really hope everything works out for him.

The NHL had a chance to save the season earlier, yet they couldn’t make a deal with less than 10 million dollars seperating them. That’s pathetic, and I wish the absolute worse to them and their league. The NHL has become a pretty watered down product anyways, and I'd have no problem seeing them end all of these pointless meetings and just go away forever.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2005, 06:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I havent heard about Rudy G and hockey until now. Thing is that a renegade league could work considering how people are angry at Bettman/Goodenow.
Old 02 Jun 2005, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

They could never make a new hockey league. The only way a new hockey league could form is if the current NHL owners say fuck it, and start their own league under a new name.

I basically have stoped reading and watching anything related to the NHL. I could care less about it now. The only thing I care about, is if im watching hockey come Sept. I'm so sick of the stories. One day they're close on a deal, and then the next day they're far away. Its so stupid.
Old 02 Jun 2005, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Reb, thats exactly how a lot of people here feel. Columbus is still a hockey market, but the NHL strike pissed off a LOT of people.