ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Beckham set for US Debut

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 May 2005, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear
Default Beckham set for US Debut

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/3651974

This is going to be the end of his carrer. Smooth move David.
Old 31 May 2005, 07:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Not really from a publicity view

Back in the 1970s, there was a soccer team called the New York Cosmos. On that team was Pele. He was way past his prime, but they managed to sell out Giants Stadium.

He is a young attracitve man with lots of soccer left in him. Despite having lower competition, he would do quite well here.
Old 31 May 2005, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Beckham is way too talented to play in a league that actually has enough ignorance to call themselves a "soccer league". I actually think it's fitting, though. It's almost become a new term. Football- a great sport, played by great athletes. Soccer- the pansy version of football, no one good can play.

"I'm happy in Real Madrid. I want to finish my career there," Beckham answerered

Then don't ever leave, man.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2005, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #29
Beckham is way too talented to play in a league that actually has enough ignorance to call themselves a "soccer league". I actually think it's fitting, though. It's almost become a new term. Football- a great sport, played by great athletes. Soccer- the pansy version of football, no one good can play.

"I'm happy in Real Madrid. I want to finish my career there," Beckham answerered

Then don't ever leave, man.
I can name quite a few good American Soccer players. I've heard from like a billion sources that we are actually one of the favorites to win the World Cup, sence we supprised everyone a few years ago, and were one of the final four teams.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but don't diss American Soccer man.
Old 31 May 2005, 08:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Dude, even if an American is good... they just leave the states and go to play for one of the better leagues.

USA World Cup Team- Pretty damn good.
MLS- Nope.

- Jadakiss
Old 31 May 2005, 08:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

^^^Yeah I guess so.
Old 31 May 2005, 08:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by #29
Dude, even if an American is good... they just leave the states and go to play for one of the better leagues.

USA World Cup Team- Pretty damn good.
MLS- Nope.
true, but if the MLS is around in 20 years, it will be damn good. This generation has been producing soccer players like never before and the league will benefit.
Old 31 May 2005, 09:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Yeah, there's no way that I can deny that Americans are good at soccer. I mean, it seems like every little kid is in a soccer league nowadays. They just need to stay loyal to their soil, and everything'll be good for the MLS. Now I actually hope that Beckham comes to play here, it'll give Americans a great reason to stay.

- Jadakiss
Old 01 Jun 2005, 02:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Arguably the best American football player at the moment Landon Donovan... Didnt he just leave Bayer Leverkusen to hook back up with one of the MLS sides?

As for Beckham... It would be a great coup for American football... But the administration has to stop with the player sharing bullshit. Who cares if one side goes to the top and holds that spot for 20 years? Thats the way Football has always been. The rich get richer the poor... Get lucky. If Beckham were to go to the states it shouldnt be the MLS who decides which team he plays for... One of those sides should be bidding for him.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2005, 02:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
Arguably the best American football player at the moment Landon Donovan... Didnt he just leave Bayer Leverkusen to hook back up with one of the MLS sides?

As for Beckham... It would be a great coup for American football... But the administration has to stop with the player sharing bullshit. Who cares if one side goes to the top and holds that spot for 20 years? Thats the way Football has always been. The rich get richer the poor... Get lucky. If Beckham were to go to the states it shouldnt be the MLS who decides which team he plays for... One of those sides should be bidding for him.
Wait, isn't American Football the NFL? Or is it really, no, what?

This is why I don't talk to Europeans about soccer in the USA.
Old 01 Jun 2005, 04:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Wait, isn't American Football the NFL? Or is it really, no, what?

This is why I don't talk to Europeans about soccer in the USA.
Im Australian... and how do you think we feel? We have three different sports that want to be called football. NOT INCLUDING FOOTBALL...(soccer)

Old 01 Jun 2005, 05:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

He sholud play for The New England Revolution....
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2005, 06:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

Beckham has a lot to do with my dislike for footy. He just pisses me off. Why? Dunno. Probably envious of what he has and that makes me hate him.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2005, 06:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan

Yep, he's with San Jose now.

About the bidding war, it's quite hard to do in MLS. All the teams are owned by one guy, Lamar Hunt. You may know him as the KC Chiefs owner.
Old 01 Jun 2005, 11:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Blair
Yep, he's with San Jose now.

About the bidding war, it's quite hard to do in MLS. All the teams are owned by one guy, Lamar Hunt. You may know him as the KC Chiefs owner.
OUCH... He must be a rich fucker then. How do you operate over ten clubs with a roster of over 16 players each?