ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Bonds reports he's had third knee operation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 May 2005, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default Bonds reports he's had third knee operation

Bonds reports he's had third knee operation

May 4, 2005
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

SAN FRANCISCO -- Barry Bonds had a third operation on his injured right knee, the latest setback in the slugger's rehabilitation, he said on his website Wednesday.

Bonds underwent arthroscopic surgery Monday in Southern California as doctors tried to clean out an infection, first draining fluids from his knee, according to a journal entry from Bonds posted on his website.

"The surgery went well. Dr. (Arthur) Ting cleaned out the infected area and they are now treating me with antibiotics," Bonds wrote. "I know you have many questions regarding me playing baseball but right now I have to spend the time focusing on getting healthy. I've been through ups and downs before and I will be back."

The surgery was first reported by the San Francisco Chronicle. The newspaper reported Bonds would take antibiotics for at least two weeks and could not resume his rehab until doctors are assured the infection is gone.

Bonds already had operations on the knee Jan. 31 and March 17 to remove damaged cartilage.

The San Francisco Giants have stopped giving medical updates on Bonds, and his agent on Tuesday would not confirm that Bonds had the operation.

"The only comment I have about Barry is that the day his knee is healthy, he will be back on the field in uniform," Jeff Borris said.

Bonds has been giving his medical updates on his personal Web site but did not mention the surgery until Wednesday.

"My original plans were to wait a week before reporting on my condition so I would have a better idea on how my leg was responding," Bonds wrote. "Due to informational leaks ... the media has been contacting my PR firm asking about my status. So, before any hearsay or false information is reported, I wanted you to hear about my condition directly from me."

That will likely delay Bonds' return and the resumption of his quest for baseball's career home run record even longer. In an outburst during spring training, Bonds said he might not be back for at least half the season, maybe the whole season.

The 40-year-old Bonds has 703 career home runs, 11 behind Babe Ruth and 52 from tying Hank Aaron's career record. Bonds batted .362 last season with 45 homers and 101 RBI and also walked a major league-record 232 times on the way to his record seventh MVP award.

This is just the third time in his career he's gone on the disabled list and the first since April 18 to June 9, 1999, as he recovered from elbow surgery.

Bonds was also dogged by steroid allegations in the offseason. According to the Chronicle, Bonds testified to a grand jury in December 2003 that he used a clear substance and a cream given to him by a trainer who was indicted in a steroid-distribution ring, but said he didn't know if they were steroids. Prosecutors believe the substances were two steroids at the center of the BALCO scandal.
AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004-2005, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/8442384
Old 04 May 2005, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

*Steroid Rant*

Ya know, I think they should delete 73 home runs off of Bond's total. It's hard for me to say that. I used to be a huge Bonds fan, and I still kinda am. But it's too much of a coincidence that Bonds admitted to "unknowingly" taking steroids the same year that he broke the single season record. Take the 2003 season off, and then let him continue to go for the all time record. Because I believe that 2003 was the only time he's ever taken steroids.

If you look at his career... from a very early point on, he was a consistent 30-40 home run hitter. And for the last few years, he's been a consistent 30-40 home run hitter. The guy's a fabulous home run hitter. And when he accidently took steroids, he was a record breaking home run hitter.

So yeah, taking his 2003 home run totals away seems like the logical idea, but I don't think it'll ever happen. I mean, without that season, Bonds is nothing. Without that season, Bonds has only 630 HRs. And if they do take away 73 HRs from Barry, it'll be a huge controversy. Taking away a player's statistics and admitting that one of your players took steroids cannot be found in the handbook of "How to make sure your sports league has any credibility". The MLB is already in enough shit with all these other steroid users.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote