ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

The official "The Packers are fucked" thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Apr 2005, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG
Default The official "The Packers are fucked" thread

Yahoo
-------

Walker begins contract holdout

Todd Korth - Scout.com
April 26, 2005 at 11:43pm ET
Wide receiver Javon Walker does not plan to participate in the Green Bay Packers' mini-camp this week, according to reports. With a breakout season under his belt, Walker wants the Packers to break the bank and reward him with a new contract.

Walker was selected by Packers in first round of 2002 NFL draft (20th overall). His five-year, $7.5 million deal expires in 2006. He is scheduled to receive a base salary of $515,000 this season and $650,000 in 2006, which is clearly less than his value.

This off-season, Walker dropped his agent, David Ware, in favor of super-agent Drew Rosenhaus, which was a strong indication that he wants a new contract. Rosenhaus has represented a number of big-name players, including ex-cornerback Mike McKenzie . Ware also represents wide receiver Terrell Owens, who also wants a new contract even though he signed a seven-year deal last year with the Philadelphia Eagles.

"I'd like to be a Packer for the long-term," Walker told ESPN.

The Packers are holding voluntary practices for veterans on Wednesday and Thursday. Practices for the entire team begin on Friday and end on Sunday, and those are mandatory. Walker could be fined up to $1,000 a day under rules set by the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement for each missed practice beginning on Friday.

Walker finished third in the NFC in receiving yards in 2004 with 1,382. Officially designated as the team's third receiver behind Donald Driver and Robert Ferguson , Walker played in all 16 games, making 12 starts. He led the team with 12 touchdown catches and was named to the NFC squad in the annual Pro Bowl.

Walker's holdout, combined with Ferguson's status after he was injured in a game last December, may have been the reason that the Packers selected two wide receivers in the NFL draft. Texas A&M's Terrence Murphy and UCLA's Craig Bragg are expected to join the veterans in practice on Friday.

Last year, McKenzie held out of the off-season mini-camps and training camp before reporting during Week 2. McKenzie also was disgruntled over his contract and unhappy with coaching moves made by Mike Sherman . McKenzie ultimately was traded to the New Orleans Saints last October for a second-round draft pick and backup quarterback J.T. O'Sullivan .
--------------------------------------------

Pro Bowler Green arrested in domestic violence incident

April 27, 2005

AP - Apr 26, 8:40 pm EDT
More Photos

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- Green Bay Packers running back Ahman Green was arrested after a domestic violence incident, the Brown County sheriff's department said Tuesday.

Deputies went to Green's Ledgeview home after a 911 call ended with a hang-up Monday night. The four-time Pro Bowler was arrested at about 10:10 p.m., was taken to the county jail, posted a $150 bond and was released about 11:50 p.m.

A court hearing was scheduled for May 11 on a disorderly conduct citation.

Packers general manager Ted Thompson said he was trying to get more information on the situation.

``We obviously care about Ahman and the entire Green family, and we will continue to support them through this time,'' he said in a statement.

A message left for Green's agent, David Dunn, wasn't immediately returned Tuesday night.

Green has been with the Packers since 2000 and was selected to the Pro Bowl the last four years.

He is second on the team's career rushing list. He started his NFL career in Seattle after playing at Nebraska.

Green is married with two daughters and a stepson, according to Packers publicity materials.
------------------------------------
Well smack my ass and call me a marlin.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2005, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

The Pack will be fine....they will settle things with Walker....

Everything will be fine, and the Pack will at least make a Playoff appearance with a 10-6 record.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2005, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

10-6 is kinda pushing it for the Pack. With the lions looking good this year and the vikings getting huge help on the D. The pack are gonna have trouble. Bears on the other hand. Still Screwed.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2005, 11:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sexay
10-6 is kinda pushing it for the Pack. With the lions looking good this year and the vikings getting huge help on the D. The pack are gonna have trouble. Bears on the other hand. Still Screwed.
Optimism sir...you must think positive

Old 27 Apr 2005, 02:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

The Packers will be lucky to win 8 games. The Vikings are going to win that divison. Even them trading Randy Moss, this is one of their best off seasons they've had in a long, long time. They added a lot of good talent on D and basically replaced Moss with Williamson. This team is going to be dangerous.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 03:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Yeah..It don't look good for the Pack..Our D was shit last year..And if anything..it's worse..Farve is another year older...And the Offense Just can't carry this Sorry ass D to the Playoffs..Not with the way Minny has improved on D.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

I can't see the Pack finishing better than 6-10 this year. I can't see them competing against the Vikes for the division title this year after the way the Vikings upgraded their D. They will be battling da Bears for the cellar.
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a RAIDER
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2005, 07:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

If Green can't play then your Pack is fucked...offensively anyway. Without a solid running game, and no top-tier receivers Favre has to try and do it on his own...which won't work.

I'd be more concerned about the Post-Favre era. Nall has not had sufficient playing time to judge, and I believe Rodgers is hype and won't succeed in the NFL.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2005, 08:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

This is the time when the Packers are going to start to be bad.

(while my team will be battling with Minnesota for a playoff spot )
Old 27 Apr 2005, 11:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy J
I can't see the Pack finishing better than 6-10 this year. I can't see them competing against the Vikes for the division title this year after the way the Vikings upgraded their D. They will be battling da Bears for the cellar.
You sir, are a Raiders fan....your opinion is null and void

None of ya'll are real Packer fans.....

10-6....Favre shall lead us to glory....or at least a wild card.

I don't have much faith in Viking Offense without Moss....yeah they did ok without him last year thru out his injuries, but they struggled. We'll see how they do.

Fear the Pack.

Old 28 Apr 2005, 09:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
This is the time when the Packers are going to start to be bad.

(while my team will be battling with Minnesota for a playoff spot )
We had to put up with being the laughing stock of the NFL for 30 frickin years. Then we get a good QB and we're good. The NFL goes in cycles. An object in an unatural state must return to its natural state, therefore, the Pack will be mediocre the second Favre retires. Though, as you all can tell, I have more faith in Aaron Rodgers than anyone on the planet.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 05:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Rodgers
We had to put up with being the laughing stock of the NFL for 30 frickin years. Then we get a good QB and we're good. The NFL goes in cycles. An object in an unatural state must return to its natural state, therefore, the Pack will be mediocre the second Favre retires. Though, as you all can tell, I have more faith in Aaron Rodgers than anyone on the planet.
OMG 30 YEARS!!!!

You do realize that my team hasent won a superbowl, and the one time we came anywhere near beeing close, we got shut out by the 'skins 40-sumthing to 0. Your team on the other hand, has won several.

Yeah we've won nfl championships, but that way back in the 50's. So basically we've had to put up being bad for, well for basically the whole Superbowl era.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Just to add on to my whole argument, look at this stat.

LIONS POST-SEASON RECORD: '58-'04
1-9

Only one playoff victory sence 1958, yeah they killed.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 06:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Aaron Rodgers Won't carry the Packers to Shit...The packers caught a bad break time wise..Instead of being able to pick up an Eli Manning,or a Phillip Rivers..They had to choose Between Jason Campbell or Aaron Rodgers To Be Farves Heir..Myself..I like Kyle Orton better then both of them.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 06:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One
Aaron Rodgers Won't carry the Packers to Shit...The packers caught a bad break time wise..Instead of being able to pick up an Eli Manning,or a Phillip Rivers..They had to choose Between Jason Campbell or Aaron Rodgers To Be Farves Heir..Myself..I like Kyle Orton better then both of them.
Robert Ferguson and a 3rd round pick for Philip Rivers. The trade i've always wanted to see myself. I've always been a huge Rivers fan, and he needs to go somewhere where he can get a chance.